Easy to gear from 0 classes

Hello, started to play vanilla in p1-p2, raided a bit in p4, but got bored with class decisions.
Want to start from 0, level up new character and get myself into pvp.
Raiding for me is just getting gear for pvp activities.
At first was druid but i finished playing it because anything but spaming rank 4\5 heals in raid was pretty hardcore. Yes, you can full t1 or t2 in one week but playing feral or boomie is too skillcaped in pvp.
Then was lock and priest, but I didnt enjoy it either sadly, being clothie sometimes hurts.

My main ideas are:
-pala: looks like good healer and not that hard to gear, pretty descent suviveability, but looks like you can forget about being dps in pvp. and i always liked idea of aoe grinding dungeons and so on - and pala with all his shields and thorns effects seems pretty fun with it.
-hunter: seems hard to get prebis for me, not much competiton for tier sets but as far i watched movies it requires 300+ IQ and hunter gets worse the later phase it is.
-shaman: i always wanted to play enh shaman, but it looks like overhardcore for me - not easy to get gear, being glasscanon in pvp, not sure if it is viable at p6.
-mage. always wanted to try that aoe grinding minigame - seems very fun to me. and all that movies where mages are 1vsX are looking cool, but its p6 nowdays and i’m not sure how things are rolling now. Also having a 8+mages and 10+ clothies competition on items in raid looks pretty scary.

BTW do random BGs still that bad with premades just delete solo Q guys from BG in 2 GCDs?

Thx for your help!

If you dont mind fotm I would reccomend ele shaman.

Its disgustingly strong, always has been irregardless of phases.
Enhance on the other hand uhmmm naa wouldnt reccomend that to my worst enemy. Even phase 1 with hand of rag in hand it was garbage compared to ele, it had a few better 1v1 matchups but its deadwheight in a fight. By phase 6 one is a thundergod the other essentially a ret paladin without bubble, bop, freedom, loh or plate.

In terms of gear pure bis is ofc alot of* naxx pices w 2p r12/13.
But you dont gain a whole lot from it over p5 gear (its mostly more crit).

2.5 remains very strong for us and should be pretty simple to obtain, it usually gets funneled to shamans too with how strong ch healing is with 2.5 and 3p t2.

The hardest part will prob be getting a strong/decent sp 1hander.
End of dreams>Midnight Haze> Lok>=r14 dagger> cromag claw > aq 20 quest
I would pick the aq20 one over claw actually; unlike most other weps for us, its kinda slow so you can pull off some nasty white suprise dmg with it.

Shield; highest armor + stam one you can find, Ouro’s is great until you get hold of a naxx one.

Trinkets; ZHC is an easy pickup, atm people might litteraly pay you to get it.
Eye of the beast as swapin for when zhc is on cd.
Jeds w reflector trinket swapins works just fine as a second (tear is only a very minor upg over jeds).
Considering pvp hit is essentially pointless to us (3% off talents and no other genuinly useful place to put it; reduce ahnk cd/ cast time reduction on a heal you dont use w/o ns / armor on crit heal - all garbage options that will help you in effect; never).

Neck 1; nef head stamina/agi neck yes. really :wink:
Swapin neck AQ 20 ossirian head < twin emps neck

Rings; AQ rep ring (caster and tank versions both are good), mc/Aq40/naxx armor+stam tank rings are all good, 4h caster ring is bis ofc alot more contested but still mostly a pvp item w 0 int on it so not impossible.

Cloth pices;
bracers: (mail Zg wrists)<bwl cloth< cenarion badge hell< Aq 20 wrists< world boss lethon bracers< ouro wrists< gothik wrists
Aq 20 ones, super easy pickup and nice with the spell pen.

Belt: mc belt<firemaw<cthun belt < (naxx mail belt)
Leather; Ebru gloves off bug trio is optimal and not that hard to get (t1 sham or blue set pvp gloves works until then, aq 20 mail gloves drops about as much as zg mounts).

Wouldnt reccomend going for more cloth/leather than that.
As for a general use set I would aim at maintaining a minimum of:
6k ish armor, 5k+ Hp, 500sp unbuffed

Glasscannon sets you could go for whatever, even blasphamous 2h or other no shield options.

Talents NS >>>> EM cant stress this enough EM beyond going for fc killing is like enhance, the meme you might troll with to make funny clips. NS is king.
Keep in mind you get 11%+ crit from talents, doesnt take a whole lot of crit gear befoure you crit left, right and centre.

For race cow is the way, orc is reasonable. But generally speaking cow is better. We want to be dancing between max range and shock range normally, both to outrange and to dip out to drink (we drink alot).
So the few times you do find a melee in your face; warstomp is always up, It really is like that its always up. Its cd just seems bugged at times, I swear.
If geared also your able to dish so much burst within that tiny warstomp that if the opponent doesnt insta trinket or lap the warstomp he is either erased or 1 global off deletion.
That said if tbc comes, and you want to pvp w the shaman then orc will serve you better.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.