Elite sets

Can someone explain to me how are these obtained? Are they automatically unlocked once you reach certain rating or do you have to buy them or something?

1 Like

The elite sets are just appearances that automatically unlock once you reach the required rating. You need to relog though, to see it in your appearances tab.

2 Likes

Thank you very much.

1 Like

Hit 1800 in any bracket and boom it’s in your transmog page.

2 Likes

Cool thanks. I went 13 rating away from 1800 yesterday but getting there.

4 Likes

1800 still but soon 1950

What do you mean? Are they increasing the requirement to 1950?

Sounds logical though since 1800 seems to be quite easy to get even for a noob like me.

The devs maybe 2/3 months back made a suggestion in the blue text that they would be increasing the requirement to 1950, 2 weeks later they lamented and said it would stay at 1800.

This is good as it’s an achievable target for new players, or current players in a season with new classes filling the base of the PVP ladder participation, this is very important for arena to stay active and get new players maybe to want to then go further, filling up the brackets all the way to the top with new players.

1 Like

It used to be 2.2k then they changed it to 2k and now it’s 1.8k.

Personally I’m more than happy it being at 1.8. I get that yes it was more prestigious being at 2.2 but like you said it’s more accessible and incentives people to play as it’s a very generous and reachable target.

3 Likes

Wish it was like Legion: nice sets unique for each class at a more than achievable rating of 2k. Since Blizzard have become lazy and made armor sets instead less eyebrows were raised about ‘elite’ sets being at 1.8.

2 Likes

The quality of the sets dropped significantly after legion, blizz is also aware of that, so it is no wonder that the requirements have been reduced. I was hoping that 9.2 would finally bring quality sets, but I was on ptr and the sets still look cheap. Again they are not full 3d, most of the parts look like stickers and of course there are still good old non-hd textures. Even the color of the 9.2 elite sets is crap. A pity… They had almost 4 full years to make quality class sets.

I actually really like this set I have lol.

People have different taste. To me bfa s1 plate set is perfect for my orc warrior and human paladin. And bfa s2 is perfect for my ud dk. Imo best thing would be if pvp sets were totally their own sets like in wotlk, cata, mop and first seasons of wod.

It will not be 1950. They change it back to 1800.

ye the plate elite set is pretty pog.

2 Likes

Update: I did another 3v3 session today and got to 1800 and instantly a message popped up in chat that I have completed the elite set :slight_smile:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.