Elitists are destroying the game!

I’d really really love to see a group of 5 said casuals who think dps meters are toxic and that people shouldn’t use rio or other " elitist tools " do a +15.

I’d be willing to boost their key too and i’d make sure it’s a KR +15 for added value.

I think it would make a great youtube video too.

5 Casual players, all geared to 400 ilvl through world quests proving the world that it’s toxic and you shouldn’t exclude others by taking on a +15 KR.

You know what’s even more funny, it’s usually these types of players that tend to flame eachother when things get messy.

6 Likes

Depends on what you think is toxic behaviour really. In themselves no of course they’re not. They’re a tool. But it’s how they’re used which can be toxic.

For instance: I think being all ‘e-peen’ about your dps IS toxic. It serves no purpose other than to stroke your own ego and to rub other people’s noses in it.

Another example: I think making it a contest to see who gets the highest numbers during a raid IS toxic. Again; it only serves to stroke one’s ego. And that imo is also toxic behaviour.

But like I said; this all depends on what your own definition of toxic is.

1 Like

The last thing the meters (dps and hps) are doing is posting messages to the chat and flaming people.

So I guess all E-sports, sports and world championships and tournaments are toxic to you? :thinking:

Just something.
Dps meter are not banned at all, mods are frowned upon by the higher ups but they don’t mind in the end.
And a LOOOOT of guilds are using dps meter and are not afraid to show it.
The good community comes from something else. Something I can’t explain.

Yes.

It can still be entertaining, don’t get me wrong. But yes; it IS in essence toxic behaviour. Competitive behaviour is by its very nature toxic.

And I’m not even talking about all the behaviour is creates; the riots, the aggression, the violence, the vandalism.

9 Likes

Being all e-peen about your dps, sure. But for some fights you simply need a decent amount of group-dps to make a chance. If you have no way of knowing, how do you improve to actually make it easier or doable?

And well competitive is toxic? Alright then.

I get that. And if it’s used as the tool it is, then it’s serving its true purpose (imo) and it’s fine.

according to elitest so was removal of ML - yet blizzard finaly made a stand and remove this toxic element from game.

it would be only natural to ban certain addons next - blizzard just dont have balls to do this.

Being an elite is not the same as being an elitist…

2 Likes

All of my what.

Someone give me a beer please.

I dont believe the DPS meters are toxic, it’s how some players use the information that can be sickening. Instead of saying to some-one 'look fella, we need to replace you as we need more DPS sorry ‘bout that but it was fun…’ you’re seeing more and more of ‘You suck! Git gud! Uninstall game!’ and many more…

Yes you could say that people need to grow a thicker skin but I seriously have a problem when it means that they have to change their nature just to play with people who can get away with being complete douche canoes because they’re hiding behind a screen

2 Likes

Trust me Blizzard has balls talking from personal experience because they responded to me on every issue I had and even insta punished me whenever I did something wrong as for the game why they are not doing things you want because it’s not profitable for them to do atm casuals in today’s age are very profitable.

I don’t expect many people to understand this. It’s fine. :sunglasses:
Don’t drink alcohol though; it’s bad. :sweat_smile:

I like alcohol :grin: not to say I am an alcoholic but a few beers with friends on the weekends is always good way to relief stress from wow and online community sometimes :wink:.

And I’ve seen so many bad things come from alcohol in my lifetime that I made the decision quite early in life that I was never going to start drinking.
Glad that you’re having a good time with it though. I hope you keep it under control. :kissing_heart:

1 Like

7 Likes

Everytime I read the term elitist I immediately assume its someone trying to push their opinions on me and trying to set me up against people, not ideas, people.

If your arguement is good, you dont need to call people elitist to have it resonate with people, it has degenerated into a buzzword that’s used to shame people into silence

Radical terminology has leaked from politics into other things, its very reminiscant of Antifa calling random bystanders fascists just so they can justify themselves assaulting them

Well it is true there are those bad people that alcohol affects them in agressive manner usually those that have alot of problems in life and drink,some of them usually are cretens and alcohol just makes them naturally agressive while me I like to sing like a sailor and have a laugh with bros and flirt alot with people while making sexual innuendo jokes but that’s just me it affects everyone differently :joy:.Sorry for the the off topic convo a bit just wanted to explain some things.Basically buy me a few :beers: and some delicious steak or pork and I will like you forever :grin:.