Emergency Maintenance, ETA?

Are these just restarts or what?

Would like more information than just “We messed up, gonna take our stuff offline now so you can’t play. Sorry”.

1 Like

Jesus be patient. If they knew they would tell you.

3 Likes

Yeah I agree - says going offline but not for how long. We literally just logged in to play and saw the ‘server shutting down 30 secs’. Does not seem to say anywhere how long this will be.

Patient?
This has been going on all day and now they take servers offline at peak hours.
I ran out of patience many hours ago.

1 Like

It’s also a service we are paying for; I’d be the same about my Sky / Internet / any other service I am paying for!

1 Like

It’s also a service i’m paying for and i counteract your payment with my own payment, they are free to focus on getting it sorted as a priority and dealing with people like you as a secondary.

3 Likes

I would also like to have an ETA, even if approximately. Just so I know if there is any point in waiting or do other stuff.

3 Likes

I would guarantee that the guys fixing the issues are not the ones that handle the comms, so asking for information about expected downtime has no impact whatsoever on the fix itself.

Except support get told what is happening by the people fixing it, if the people fixing it are busy fixing it they won’t get much time to tell support what the current status is.

They would not do it just on a whim, there must be a serious problem in game if they need to perform emergency maintenance. Yes it’s frustrating and yes we do pay for the game but not being able to play for a few hours equates to maybe a few pence of game time, so you know in the grand scheme of things it’s hardly the end of the world!

7 Likes

It’s very obvious Blizz rushed 8.3 without properly testing any important aspect.
Uldum and Vale are buggy AF, the dailies suck and are bugged, not fun etc.
I bet they had a completely separate team monitor PTR raid-testing & it will be fine.

The same goes for server performance/stability.
It’s obvious they don’t know how to monitor for any of this. The forums have had users posting for hours and they should have noticed on their end at least 10 hours ago something was wrong.
It’s almost like they have 2 people at most dedicated to server stability.

2 Likes

till Activision pay the bills and get more people for blizzard

Doesn’t help that Blizz kicked out 800 people. Maybe they should started kicking out people from the top, not the people who actually do their job and know what they are doing.

1 Like

Please fix and restart the server NOW!!! While my kids are sleeping, now it’s the moment to play!!! Come on, I have to prepare dinner soon… It was buggy but still playable!

US had an hour and it got extended, so guess go eat diner gonna take a while …

Atleast US was just waking up we get it middle of the day that just pisses me off, do it at night

Thanks for that info Rootz.
Another example of how Blizz never give a damn about what happens on EU servers.

Dude it’s 19:17 here, just got back from work and I could barely open WoW and saw the countdown…

Maybe they noticed but tried to repair stuff by being non-intrusive. Restarting the server was a last resort choice, so it doesn’t mean that they did not try to fix stuff. Ever since I logged in at 10 AM there was a message saying that there are network problems with the mail and they were working on it.

1 Like

it makes me chuckle that wanting an eta seems to equate to the end of the world. I’d like an ETA - I dont get much opportunity to sit down and play the game so for me, this is quality time I am missing :slight_smile:

Networks are a very volatile thing, I don’t think they can actually determine how long can a fix take.

2 Likes