Endgame progression

Hello,

I just came back to WoW after a very long break and I’m a bit confused on endgame content.

The last time I was at endgame was WotLK and things were much simpler then.

Can anyone give me a simple breakdown of the endgame progression?

I’ve read a few things online and from what I understand everyone uses the same necklace which gives some kind of azerite traits that unlocks new armor (?).

Also there seems to be a higher tier than HC and even sub tiers for that raiding level like M and M+… Do those have differences in boss mechanics or just gear and trash mobs?

Thanks in advance.

Welcome back!

What you knew as Heroic raiding is now called Mythic. It’s not a higher tier; it was just renamed. It is strictly 20-man size only.

What you knew as Normal raiding is now Heroic.

Below that is an easier tier, Normal raids.

Normal and Heroic raid sizes scale. You can have between 10 and 30 people in a N or HC, and the bosses will scale according to your party size.

There is also LFR, a much easier version, where 25 people queue and are automatically teleported in. Same as LFD, but easier and for raids.

Everyone uses the same necklace. Earning the armour traits will be mostly irrelevant from tomorrow; soon you will have them all available. There’s a new system. In the new system, you keep grinding power for the neck by quests, dungeons and Islands. Neck levels up. At certain neck levels, you can add powers called Essences to it. You have to achieve the Essences, and when neck hits levels 35-65 you can slot in your choice from the Essences you have learned.

For dungeons, the Heroics you knew are now called Mythic. Above Mythic, you have Mythic-Plus, where the Mythics have added difficulty, about 10% per level, so M+2, M+3 … an so on as high as you can go, Differences are just mob HP and damage, and “affixes”, effects that hinder you, at various + levels; mechanics are the same at all levels.

Read this for gearing

Read this for Mythic-Plus

Read this for overall changes

1 Like

Everything is much clearer now! Thanks a lot. Have a good one!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.