Endorsement System for Mythic +?

Anyone think an endorsement System like Overwatch’s system would work for Mythic+ groups. To help stop prevent/punish leavers. Right now there is nothing to stop someone leaving a dungeon or raid and entering a new one.

If at the end of a dungeon we can upvote players in our group for friendly, teamwork etc and you get an overall score like Raider IO. So people that stick around get upvoted. If you do not vote for others your rank does not go up at regular speed. This would help prevent leavers as it incentivizes finishing the dungeon to get a better endorsement score.

Could also tackle toxicity at the same time.

3 Likes

None intrusive system that doesnt make grp prisoners as the usual ideas…
Not sure it would have the desired effect, but would be worth a try.

There’s always two sides to the coin, obviously there would be no negative endorsements and your own endorsement level would benefit from endorsing others etc.

If there’s no negative endorsement, won’t we have the problem that someone who plays a lot and leaves half their runs will rack up a better score than someone who plays only occasionally but is loved by every group they join?

I believe the problem with a system like this is that players will rank eachother based on different criteria, then the score or ranking becomes utterly useless.

Like:

• he made a joke, played badly…but i laughed so +1
  • he boosted us; +1
  • the silent dps who interrupts/ccs/uses pots/brings drums/etc does not get noticed and won’t be rated
  • transmog was bad; not rated
  • etc

Don’t you think some sort of system would benefit the Mythic+ system. I’m sure there is some examples you could give to benefit it there will always be pro’s and cons. What’s to say a booster does not deserve a +1 if he is a good player and deserved the endorsement. something to stop you endorsing the same person more than once a week would also stop some problems.

And it does not have to be based on how many you get it could be how many you get per run on average. Theres many ways systems like this can work.

At the end of the day if it turns out to help the community it would be a nice tool to have?

Subjects like this keeps popping up, and I just don’t see any practical way to implement a system that punished people who leave groups and ruin keys, or like you suggest a system that rewards good behavior.

With your suggestion you could easily buy a good score if you wanted to. Players who are selling +10-15 boosts would just add top personal score at the end of run in their offer.

Only way to fix is by making and effort to find some friends. It’s really not that hard. If you have a good run with someone, just ask if you can add them to your friends list. When people are joining random pugs via LFG chances are fairly high they don’t have regular players to run keys with and many of them will be very happy to accept your friend request. All you have to do is ask.

Stop being wimps and just add NEGATIVE endorsement as well. Downvote the leavers’ reputation into oblivion.

Nope. Not a single bit.

Why talk about what can help the community? The community can already make friends and form groups like that. That is an endorsement system already. But they do not want to, for some reason. It has to be a seperate system, just to … idk … I see more cons than pros.

The fact that subjects like this keep popping up. Should tell everyone something about the current system.

I’m sorry but everyone nay saying anything negative for people acting like 1 persons time is far more important than 4 other peoples time, only seems to be posting out of self interest.

This system can and will be exploited in so many ways that it would cause more problems, rather than solving existing ones.

I do not like leavers too, I very rarely leave, but when I do, my group must be absolutely clueless and extremely slow, then I only leave because I cherish my time and sanity, not because I “cba to finish key” cause “insert reason”

Dathedr, you do realise you just proved my point right? :smiley:

Proved what exactly? If you join my key and the run is pepega, feel free to leave. I would certainly leave if things get out of hand. I’d rather miss out on that and restart with a new attempt at the key either at lower level, or with friends, join a pug, whatever. Why should I keep wasting time if the run is horrendous? Cherish your time

Most of the time things don’t get out of hand, its just 1 special snowflake that decides they are out due to what ever reason.

That’s 30+ mins in most cases of peoples time wasted forming a group, getting a tank, getting a heal.

Its also in many cases a resource waste, potions, flasks, repairs etc.

Sure if every group was instant and you could just straight away reform, not a big deal, but this often isn’t the case + if you needed a certain lvl key for say the weekly, now you get to repeat all that crap whilst trying to upgrade a lower key.

This system is good but i think if it is meant to go live then they should do what they did with ow. Which is you can’t up vote friends or btag friends. Still i don’t see why we dont just track people who leave dungeons mid run. It’s easy to track. What you do is if someone leaves in the middle of a mythic+ run. Then anyone in the group has the possbility to submit a vote flagging anyone that was in the group when the dungeon started with deserter (or whatever u wanna call it) through a majority conenscus vote.
So let’s say the dungeon starts. Player X leaves after the first wipe any remaining player can then use a this new function to open a vote system similar to a ready check on wether or not the leaver should be flagged as a mythic+ deserter. if the majority vote yes then the person gets flagged and next time they sign up for a key in the finder the group leader will see a little symbol or some discerning marker on the players name which will have a tooltip showing how many times in that season he was flagged.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.