Engi, MQG and extra. Changes S3 Arena

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/season-3-pvp-adjustments/1167265

Since EU doesn’t get a blue post about it. Thoughts?

1 Like

Belt skull trashblade and silence blade, ok.

But MQG, are you serious ? Especially after removing ALL THE HASTE items from PvP vendors on PTR, what a shame to do that.

Amazing changes.

Except gem. Gem did nothing wrong. Gem actually fun and not game-breaking.

Global nerf on Mind-Quickening Gem is one of the decisions that shows me that blizzard is disconnect too much from their actual players.

About time to see something positive.

There’s more trash to nerf but that’s a very good start!

1 Like

Mind-Quickening Gem nerf is an awful decision!

MQG 100% needed a nerf. The hero class being delusional as usual.

2 Likes

funny part is that they nerf it on the phase when mages can get skull of guldan lol, blizz seems clueless on every decision somehow
i am sad that im losing all the engi toys however, them and skull actually made a difference if used skillfuly and its just bad to remove a potential play

1 Like

Great changes, especially MQG.

All great changes! belt was too strong to be allowed in Arena

1 Like

I agree with Belt and Net. You shouldn’t be “forced” to be an engineer to be competitive in arenas.

Dazzling longsword and fang, even thour they are only abused a very small percentage are too powerful to leave in.

Skull was adding a nice dynamic in games, but I see the point. It is over-used so better to remove it.

MQG change is plain wrong IMO.

• Skull is the BiS for PvP in ph3
  • most mages were using icon in 3s and 5s
  • it has 5min CD (while most other trinkets have 2)
  • it has 15sec duration (while most other trinkets have 20)
  • It has no passive benefit to the user

Blizzard please revert this change. Not only you are hurting mage PVE AOE abilities, but you are also making PVP players worse until they get (if they get) skull.

Very good changes, especially the belt and gem.

By the same logic, players shouldn’t feel “forced” to do PvE content (they dislike otherwise) to be competitive in Arena. Ban/restrict/hinder the use of PvE trinkets in arena to solve so many issues including loot dramas due to PvP.

Perfect changes, especially MQG.

you dont need to do any pve to be competitive in arena. belt was absurd

Skull of Guldan, Thoridal, arp pieces?

These are just a few examples out of many PvE items which are a ton better than honor/AP sourced alternatives and there is little to no downside to equip them. And the issue gets even more severe in Wotlk.

My biggest issue with the MQG nerf is it’s the best trash trinket, or short fight burst trinket for mage in pve. Why they don’t just ban it in arena, if they don’t want it in pvp is beyond me.

screwing mages over in pve pretty hard, and so many aren’t aware, because most pve players don’t check the season 3 arena changes, if they don’t play arena.

its basically never bis for mages on boss fights its only trash

1 Like

was bis for the hkm rush strat with 20 mages kek

Yeah back when GCD was not authentic but now it is, meaning it no longer is bis for any boss fight. Not even BiS in the 5v5 teams, that had 4 mages and 1 shaman that people, complained about considering lust and icy veins caps your GCD already making Mind-Quickening completely useless.