Enha Defensives

Shamans need better defensive abilities. We only have 1 real defensive, we die very quickly, especially in PvP. :frowning_face: Something like Shamanistic Rage that was usable in stuns would be perfect.

Mashing defensives into Ghost Wolf such as Healing and Damage Reduction is a major design flaw that does not work good enough in PvP to compensate for the fact that we only have 1 button to save us. It’s not very good in stuns since it needs to stack for 4 seconds. It is also not fun because you cannot do anything in Ghost Wolf besides running around and taking less damage at the cost of putting out no Counter Pressure or anything.

Nature’s Guardian is also not good because of all Mortal Strike, Healing Absorb and Dampening effects that are in the game. It is barely noticeable and will not save you.

I say it is enough with these mediocre heals and Ghost Wolf! I know how capable each and every single one of you designers are! I trust that you will do Enhance well with their survivability issues! :slightly_smiling_face:

Love, Marlbororeds :heart:

5 Likes

will be another train the blue…

i mean at this point they must be deaf, blind and straight up trolling if they cannot find the feedback that we given to def pretty much since wotlk.
pretty sure it is intentional that shamans are trash cans which get steamrolled until a borred power appears that makes them somewhat fine for a patch e.g. spirit pack, vitality conduit, or op dmg

Yeah, Enhancement are usually first to die in battle by taking damage from the same things other classes do. But other classes survive. Looks like wearing mail does nothing in these times.

In MoP, Enhancement had a lot of defensive abilities and now we have one and additionally Tremor Totem put on global cooldown… which is just stupid.

1 Like

Check out This post, I think these changes would really address the issues here.

They should just give us 30% less damage taken (not displayed anywhere) in ALL situations (like melee classes in D3 have) and we would be the same as any other class.

I started to play this class once again after a few years , it is still totall trash in pvp, you just die in single stun chain, enh is not playable for pvp at all, ele at some point is stronger but only in certain situations, survival is almost not present for this class. pve is ok but tbh pve is fine with all classes game has to offer. in terms of pvp shaman class needs total rework or some solid changes like new better talent picks or new abilities, i doubt it will be viable in shadowlands in terms of pvp because it is garbage from few expansions only for true fans i guess.

This overall is just fun topic to discuss. Fun when it’s true, we dont have any defensives. Nothing against any classes. This needs to be fixed or buff Earth Shield a ton.

We have to be able to survive with good play.

NOTE : if you stack on infinitestars your DH’s will be sent back to twisting nether.

4 years ago I played enhancement shaman. I just gived up. I’ve returned after 4 years and I don’t know what to think about it. There’s literally no change to this class. 4 years ! 4! FOUR YEARS

• My main character looks far worst then hunters pets.
    Survivability is a joke in this class.
  • Ethernal form ? It is SELF SPELL LOCK + 50% SLOW.
  • Astral shift ? 40% less damage for 8 seconds with 1.5 min gcd castable only when not stunned.
  • Healing surge? Eats maelstorm resource (if you have it). In the best scenario you can cast up to 4 heals (that for how much mana allows) and 4 heals will heal you for total of 160k (non crit) without any healing reduction debuffs which is 1/3 of your HP. 4 heals! My leech stat is healing me more then this spell! So I’m getting more heal from doing dps then healing myself.
  • Stun totem. Waste of gcd, easly avoidable, 2 sec charge…

People suppose to say that enh shaman is a glass cannon. Well. Cannon is something which hits hard and from a distance and that’s a mage / warlock. This is a mele spec and at mele range it is only a glass as it is CCable.

1 Like

This is what we need…or at least would help with out making too strong.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.