Enhancement PvP 9.2 - what covenant?

After learning that in 9.2 we will be able to use covenant legendary and other one I don’t think Venthyr will be still that good. Nadja is very good but Venthyr legendary for Shaman is just useless. Being able to apply Flame Shock to all target hit is just bad. Not only it is 1,5 min. CD so no chance you will ever pick fire Nova for it but also Chain Harvest is insanely strong burst damage/healing spell so you want to use it in the right moment. Playing with this legendary will have 0 impact.

What alternative choices do we have then:

-Night Fae - least likely option. Soulbinds are kinda good but Fae Transfusion will be extremely hard to use in Arena and CD reduction on Feral Spirits isn’t that big. As M+ option with Feral Spirits lego sure but not for arena.

-Kyrian - I see huge potential here especially in Turbo. Pelagos and Mikanikos will be two great flexible options and Vesper Totem with Kyrian Spear and Static Field Totem might give you insane cleave potential. Not sure how Totem will interact with Doom Winds though. It definetely requires some testing

-Necrolords - probably the safest option. Mereldith will make you the most tanky and extra Haste from Covenant lego maybe isn’t the most interesting but definetely will be good. If you stack it right before Doom Winds and Ascensance you might end with very nasty burst.

What are your thoughts?

I am guessing Kyrian for PVP aswell since it has the most Burst potential and Burst is always more desired for PVP situations.

Kyrian Legendary also seems the best choice for m+ since it’s AoE burst is also very sweet .

Night fae propably the best for Raiding since with Wolf bones and SORG you will be able to be a Maelstrom generator machine that spits wolfs out of it having way higher uptime on them and increasing your sustain ST damage.

Necrolord most likely the worse for any situation.

This is just a speculation based on what is live now.
Balancing and our Tier-set will most likely affect our gameplay and perhaps our legendary choice in both Covenant and Spec specific.
When our Tier-set bonus effects and balance changes are revealed we will have a better idea of what could be better for each situation.

Too soon to say but looks like still Ventyr.

There is only one interesting thing with Flame Shock / Lava Lash comb with Hot Hand plus Primal Lava legendary. If that works, Enha is saved. Otherwise, we still get one disarm and Enha is worst melee again.

Reroll to another spec/class if you can. Personally, I will quit wow if they fail with Enha in 9.2 which I returned a couple months ago.

1 Like

Imo Venthyr will be trash. Kyrian with Mikanikos looks awsome. With legendary Vesper Totem deals as much damage as Chain Harvest but with 45 sec CD. Mikanikos also gives more survivability than Draven as soulbind. Eventually proccing Haste from Primordial Wave as Necro right before bursting might be pog.

If Fre Nova wasnt so bad Venthyr woud have some potential fore AoE scenarios (5 FN after CH coud do some damage)

Overal only NF legendary got some synergy with other legendary and Tier set is alsow about Wolfs will probably work in PvP so i woud say that atm NF looks like go to for 9.2, it kinda looks similart fore Ele

1 Like

In M+ yes but for PvP it will Necro for Ele and most likely Kyrian for Enha.

I woud say it it will depends if Tier sets will works in pvp or will be reduced effectivnes or disabble, cos atm they make “perma pet” for Ele and Enh possible and without them i dont think it will work to well

Ele cannot play without Primordial Wave since you won’t have Flame Shock uptime in PvP. Fae Transfusion is terrible for Enha as it deals less damage than Enha on Doom Winds so you don’t want to waste Static Totem or Warrior’s Spear on Fae Transfusion. Soulbinds are nice for NF but spell is uneffective. Playing NF as Ele or Enha is like playing without Covenant Spell in PvP. For Resto it’s a different story since you usually play with a partner that can lock the target down.

Also if set bonus will work in PvP Necro might be actually even more effective in making Fire Elemental CD shorter since more Flame Shock = more CD reduction from Skybreaker’s Fiery Demise. Also if you get Haste from Necro legendary Flame Shock will tick faster = more Lavaburst procs. Necro is definetely the best.

I actually think its going to be pretty good. Stormbringer procs off Flame Shock ticks so we should have a good amount stormstikre procs…

Maybe a bit unpopular but I will give Necro for Enh a try I think. The cov legendary alone isn’t really good but in combination with Doomwinds/Wolf Bones/X there might be some good AoE-Potential. With luck on PW double procs and some crits in the right moment you can land some nasty multiple Lightning Bolts while getting free Haste. If there only would be a good Flameshock-spread mechanic…

I think kyrian with frostwitch is a great combination.
Maybe instead of frostwitch i’ll go Lava :wink:

Doesn’t really matter which covenant.
you will get disarmed and watch yourself die with our weak defense anyway.

better to just switch to ele or resto enha is a dead spec we probably wont even see any updates to enhance until next xpac

Probably still Venthyr, vesper totem is crap unless (maybe) you play with Kyrian warrior.

Chain harvest is just too good to pass for vesper totem.

With 9.2 Enha and Venthyr lego changes 100% Venthyr.

Not really. Chain harvest is stronger than any other covenant ability juiced by their legendary.

That’s exactly what I said. Previous Venthyr lego was garbage. It felt like playing with almost no lego. That was the reason I considered Kyrian. With lego changes Venthyr is way stronger now and opens a lot of playstyle options.

Necro/Fae.

Fae Tranfusion is capable of some nuts damage, that with doom winds? Ouch. Harder set up but if done correctly will be lethal in 2’s and 3’s.

Necro is a ‘safe’ bet imo. Gives you some tankiness the cov Lego with doom winds should be a nice pick.

I’ll probably go Fae mostly for resto but depending on if the Earth ele gets nerfed or not. Earth Ele with Fae as resto is tasty dam.

Fae transfusion for enh is strong if you took the mastery build since it deals nature damage. I try it out at the moment with ~35% mastery on my shaman. Around 30k damage on one FT is possible, however from a PvP-perspective you probably need some setup from your mates.

But necrolord with Primordial Wave can also be fun with mastery build. I once had a double PW proc and did around 35k damage with Lightning Bolts in 2 seconds. :slight_smile:

But there is no chance that anyone would play Fae Transfusion as Enha in PvP let’s be honest.