Enhancement shaman went extinct

The problem with enhancement shaman is both in damage and survivability.

Damage

In PvE 395 ilvl enhancement damage is the same as 370 havoc demon hunter. Checked it multiple times. What needs to be done is to bring back talent Forceful Winds to it’s former glory: 100% increased damage per stack. Also windfury weapon should do nature damage so it can benefit from mastery.

When Hailstorm talent is selected, Frostbrand shouldn’t need any maelstrom to activate. If the cost of this ability was removed, we could enhance both our weapons while approaching the target because right now initiate rotation looks like this:

1. Flametongue,
  2. Rockbiter,
  3. Frostbrand.

It should look like this:

1. Flametongue
  2. Frostbrand
  3. Rockbiter (if maelstrom is needed).

So we need to fit in additional ability just to start do some damage.

AoE damage should be increased DRAMATICALLY. Enhancement doesn’t do almost any AoE damage. Crash Lightning direct damage and it’s AoE buff (which makes Stormstrike and Lava Lash do AoE damage) at 200% of the current state. Then both of these mechanics would do roughly 5k damage per target (right now it’s less than 2,5k).

Survivability

There was no reason to nerf Healing Surge (nerf was some time ago) i PvP situations. Healing Surge heals for approximately 30k at 395 ilvl in PvE and half of that in PvP.

So shaman got huge nerf. But today I fought with frost dk on bg. It was me (enh shaman) with frost mage versus one frost dk. We couldn’t kill him, seriously. Because of overpowered Death Strike that heals for 40% of all damage taken in the last 5 seconds. So if you burst on frost DK, he will barely feel it. And frost DK is a runic power generating machine so it can spam heal after heal and do damage while healing.

Enhancement can spam heal 4 times in a row because of mana. And I mean LAME heal. So why don’t you give both enhancement and elemental shaman something like DK has? 40% of all damage taken in the last 5 seconds with 10% of life healed at minimum and I guarantee you that no shaman will ever complain.

So to sum up: you nerf us unreasonably to the state where enhancement doesn’t exist both in PvE and PvP. Then you buff other classes and don’t look back.

So think about it, Blizzard. Enhancement shaman is truly marvelous spec both in fantasy and gameplay. What we need is solid focus and solid tuning up so we can exist everywhere like havoc demon hunter can exist everywhere.

12 Likes

Is what he says true ?
Bring back Sentry totem please.
So I can watch from afar.

1 Like

It is true. Try playing Enhancement at 120 an you will see it’s the weakest in AoE situations among all other classes in damage specs. After that try some PvP and see how long Enhancement can last without healer where:

• Warlock has passive absorb shield constantly rising (if talented; all specs) + additional absorb from damage done up to 15% maximum health, healthstones, good cc (Destro), additional 20% perma damage reduction (Demo), healing dot and huge healing from drain life (Affli);

• Paladin - absorb shield, bubble, physical damage bubble, instant full health, huge slows (70%) and loads of heals if talented. Unkillable if defensives are managed well and hits like train;

• Monk - mobile af: rolls/torpedo, teleport, snare (can run away, heal self and go back to killing); as defensive has only karma (healing him well if talented) but prioritize versatility (next to mastery) as seconadary stat so has big damage reduction and healing increased;

• Death Knight - damage reduction defensive + stun removal, magic damage reduction, snare removal + immunity to slows for the next few seconds (every 45 seconds), grip, snare (if talented) and now heals self like a healer so is impossible to kill (as stated above).

I will not say anything about both Balance and Feral* druid as it is unnecessary. But I hope you do see my point.

*Feral didn’t exist at first (like enhancement now) but now it is as viable as any other good damage class because it got a second look and they saw it was lame.

So what Enhancement Shaman has? Let’s see…

• Astral Shift which can be used every 1,5 min and reduces damage taken for 8 seconds (unusable while stunned, feared or polymorphed so stunlock team or even one Rogue can kill you before you can blink);

• Tremor Totem to counter Fear but it’s on global cooldown so by the time your global cooldown ends from other ability you are running away scared like a little girl and then get Chaos Bolt on your face which you don’t have anything to mitigate it with;

• Spirit Walk every ONE minute to break out of snare ONCE (but you can be snared or CC’d again while Spirit Walk is still active (unlike death knights and paladins);

• Sundering which can incapacitate the target in front of you for 2 seconds every 40 seconds (obviously at cost) so you can almost interrupt spellcasting (if you are in range, of course);

• Ascendance which makes you almost a range class because only your auto attacks and Stormstrike (which still has cooldown) are ranged up to 30 yards (ranged classes have 40 yards, so if you are snared with Spirit Walk on cooldown there is really nothing you can do);

• Capacitor Totem for AoE stun and it would be great if not for this pesky 2 seconds window between placing the totem and stunning everyone which makes it child’s play to move away from it;

• Defensive talents:

Spirit Wolf to mitigate damage up to 20% (still needs 4 seconds to fully stack and you can’t attack while in the form, so you can really just run away praying you won’t get killed or CC’d before you can hide);

Earth Shield which heals for nothing (“once every few seconds”) and receiving 10% heal more with Earth Shield on self doesn’t help since you are the most squishy damage spec of all classes;

Nature’s Guardian which heals you for 20% of maximum health (every 45 seconds) once you fall below 35% (does not mitigate any further damage like Rogue’s Cheat Death so you just bought yourself another 2 seconds of life);

Once you decided to consolidate Ride the Lightning and Forked Lightning in PvP into one skill so we couldn’t use both, you nerfed Enhancement’s damage by half but increased all other classes’ damage and survivability and never went back to Enhancement.

I hope you see the flaws I pointed out and will try to fix hem as soon as possible so players who enjoy Enhancement fantasy and gameplay can play a decent spec in line with other classes.

6 Likes

I started BFA with my enhancement shaman and was looking forward to main it only. The changes made from Legion were pretty good overall.
Then they nerfed Healing Surge by 30% and mana regen by the same amount in pvp, as if it was broken.
I haven’t logged it since.

2 Likes

It was pretty good at the beginning because a lot of the classes were underperforming back then. So they nerfed enhancement, buffed other and never went back to enhancement.

enhance went extinct because ele does everything we do from range and they have lasso and second wall. no reason to spec enh

I got a sultion for the heal, we got a trait that makes us heal every 0.9 secounds while in ghostwolf form, use the 20% damage reduction talent & that trait x3 and our survivabillity is incredible

Forums says im lvl 116, i am 120 with 385 itemlevel :slight_smile:

If you want just to stay idle and do nothing then yes, please do your raids and BGs in Ghost Wolf form.

Demon hunter has Darkness to increase dodge and Blur to increase dodge by 50% and damage take by 35% EVERY ONE MINUTE. Additionaly it has incredible mobility, instant incap, two instant stuns (one is AoE) and incredible AoE and single target damage. Go play DH to feel the difference.

I played fury because enhance and fury have a similar feel. I suprised how easier fury has it.

I really miss WoDs enhance begore legion pre-patch. Had crazy heals and burst.

Hate to say it but anyone that says Enhancement healing wasn’t OP before the nerfs either weren’t using it properly or are just baised as hell… It needed a nerf but not to this extent, also either all Offhealing should of been nerfed or none. Smashing our healing to nothing but leaving Retri, DK, druid and SP healing isn’t balanced

no. that healing with that dmg was op. since we dont have that kind of dmg now having old healing wont make us op but viable

We just need another viable defensive and better mana regen / give us Swelling Waves base line.

The old healing was stupidly good, we could outheal nearly any damage with Swelling Waves plus we could full HP ourselves multiple times before going OOM… No Support class should be able to full HP themselves multiple times with instant casts

1 Like

What was OP was combination of ES and swelling waves, but nerfing everything AND mana regen by 30% was total overkill …

Also all enha did was spam heals and run around, rogues and DHs didnt need our healing when they could oneshot people, while enha had one lucky burst and then just wolf around pillars and spam self heal …

Try to level a znadalari troll like mine, and go enhancement with these fish maces as transmogs. Fun WILL come back to you for sure!!!

Btw, my enhancement is 396, was doing a +10 last night, but his dmg really isn’t that bad. We even had a Demon Hunter, but my dmg was higher than him usually, esp if I got many procs ofc :smiley:

Yeah I haven’t found that I really lack DPS in M+… The cleave is quite good and ST is nice. Only doing +10s, so obviously not pushing so not playing with top tier dps but I hold my own on pure damage…

Saying that, was in Waycrest and we had a Outlaw rogue popping off 50k+ dps every pull, I don’t M+ much so that means like loads to me! I was pushing 25k-30k on bosses then more depending on trash pulls.

But o well, I like my RNG god :slight_smile:

1 Like

This DH was either bad at his class or had horrible talents.

When you do 10s with a gear like that, it’s obvious you won’t be doing bad dps comparing to the rest, which are most likely around 10 ilvls less than you.

Now what do you guys have to say about PvP?

Edit: corrected typo.

Thing is I don’t PvP, but I don’t do that for several reasons, besides me sucking at it, I think balancing PvP is close to impossible.

But if people say our specs isn’t the best for that, I take it that’s correct.

But PvE this spec isn’t extinct for me at all. I really enjoy the gameplay.

I play enh in casual BGs, it’s pretty OKish then but it’s clear noone play it anymore, when I came back to BFA the roster was loaded with enh then something happened(not big on reading patch notes) and basically now I’m the only one playing it anymore.
What really confirms it though is if you try to get a mythic group +9 or higher, they usually ask if you enh or ele, if you’re enh they kick you out with a “sry”
I don’t like playing ranged classes and enh have been my main since vanilla so no I don’t want to respec, also I play arms/prot and unholy/blood, and arms is pretty crap as well without a pocket healer, but the rest are soooooo easy compared to enh, not to mention ret and havoc, those 2 I stopped playing because it’s 3 button spam.

1 Like

Because enhancement is bad. With the same high ilvl gear as demon hunter or fury warrior, enhancement does 20k less dps. A guy above said he does 30-35k dps on boss. Burst dps like that for couple of seconds is possible but there is no way he talks about sustainded dps. I would like to see his logs. Enhancement always had one of the worst cleave of all classes. But it’s so easy to fix. Raw increase of cleave damage mechanics would solve the problem.

What happened that killed enhancement in PvP was huge nerf of two best PvP talents and nerfing healing to the point it’s not worth of using anymore.