Enhancement shaman went extinct

I have always loved Enh Shaman to play cataclysm and a moment to pandaria, and when I am back and I am disappointed that I miss the old mechanism and the proper wind and when it was the main spell of Stromstrike. Golden times tbc, wotlk and cataclysm and sorry for my english maybe everyone will understand what i want to say

What they COULD do to bring back the feeling we once had is to:

• Make new talent forcefull winds stack 3 times only but REFRESH the 15 sec duration when WF procs. Increasing the WF damage over the fight. And making WF more meaningfull than a Maelstrom RNG generator.

• Flametongue and Frostbrand should be merged into “Enhancing Blow” one spell which applies both buffs. And root for 1 second (20sec internal gcd per target). Increase damage of the both buff and inpact by 100%.
    -Duration 15 seconds.
    -Cooldown 25 seconds.

• Windfurry - Windfurry procs refresh the duration of elemental enhancements on you. FT/FB

• Boulderfist applies stack of “Earthen Grip” to the target, reducing their damage done to you by 5% per stack. Lasts 12 seconds, stacks 3 times.

• Stormstrike - Stormstrikes shatter “Earthen Grip” from the target imbuing Shaman with “Earthliving Weapon” for 3 seconds per stack shattered.

• Earthliving Weapon - Heals you for 3-5% max HP whenever you Stormstrike for the duration of the buff.

roll enh back to WoD or MoP.

2 Likes

Any news about enhancement? Or did nothing change?

Naahh we will be bad again

Wow, so much feedback in this post and the only thing Blizzard did is to nerf enhancement further. But unkillable in PvP DK is even more lethal now.

i want to unsub. cuz i have to reroll to play at decent rating with my friends

1 Like

Im playing ele since enha is weak and also i dont like this clunky frostbrand and firebrand thingy its annoying. When i checked recount after one dungeon i have top activity by 30% and doing 20% less dmg. So you have to do more but you are weaker. And its made from paper. I like ele atm no reason to play enha outside of emotions

My guildies just told me to play some real spec to play m+ with them… It pisses me off how f dumb devs are… They should fire all devs who are responsible for class balance and hire people who actually play the game…

I agree with the AoE part, but ST dmg is fairly decent no? I honestly don’t mind the AoE dmg, I don’t know why all class specs have this need to be good at either AoE or ST.

That being said, AoE is a bit of a joke for this spec yeah. The spells look strong, I think at least, but aren’t rly that strong.

Unholy DK can use one DoT, go afk and still will do more AoE damage than Enhancement. Blizzard’s logic is ridiculous. If they improve a spec, they do so insane upgrade that suddenly that class becomes flavor of the month. They boosted DH tank’s armor not by 5%, not by 10% (to see how DH tank performs) but whole 50% more!

Now with this much armor and crazy self heal DH became the best tank. He has even more armor than plate tanks. And they probably won’t change it until next patch.

GJ Blizzard…

we need serious buffs
i play with encha because i can do worldquest or raids but in pvp im useless

1 Like

we will not see any enh buffs except maybe if they feel like it a whooping 3% increase to all dmg.

The reason is that blizzard gave up on balancing in general but they also don’t know how to fix enh at all.
Most of my abilities doesn’t do much dmg at all and only if I combine my 5 billion small ability hits, it actually counts as some dmg.
More ridiculous is the range of stormstrike… it has hits varying from 10k to 60k (only mh). In general it still hits super low compare to e.g. 200k envenoms
I wish stormstrike was also nature dmg instead of physical, because this makes our scaling better and will make us stronger in pvp
In pvp against plate or warlocks, I can literally go afk, I just don’t do any dmg.

survivability is just not existing. In pve you at least still can heal for full amount so its okish, but often I just got one shotted in M+, so that doesn’t help much.
In pvp it is just sad… my heals cannot outheal some dots anymore and also makes a pvp talent completely useless (swelling waves). It leaves us with 1 tiny def cd in pvp which is so bad that I just get killed while its up from 80% hp

please scrap this stupid maelstrom design and go back to mana. Also remove this spamy crapfest stromstrike disaster and give me back my 7s cd stormstrike that hits like a truck and increases nature dmg on the target.
-give back 3s freedom on wolf sprint
-give back wolf healing
-give back wolf stun
-give back frostshock and frostshock root
-give back weapon buff flametongue
-make windfury hit for actual damage
-give back real stormstrike
-delete ascension and put dmg back in wolves
-give back shamy rage (with dispel) and delete dumpster fire astral garbage
-replace overcharge with old instant lightning bolt that actually does dmg with maelstrom weapon

oh my god when I list that, I get sad and want to play woltk were the game actually was still good

I agree on some of your points but I don’t agree on bringing mana back as main resource. If you remember, mana depleted really fast and what you had left back then was autoattacks. Enh was engaging at the beginning of the battle, but then you could go afk.

They should put roots in Frostbrand (frostshock and generally shocks are well matched with elemental) but we should have Frostbrand completely free to use because at the beginning we must use Rockbitter to have Maelstrom for Frostbrand.

Wolf stun is okay, tremor totem should be putt off from global cooldown as it is defensive skill.

Stormstrike constantly on cd was boring. I like this Stormstrike after Stormstrike but I really liked it when Enhancement meant something, even if it was on single target. I loved how at the end of the Legion Stormstrike could do heavy damage on PvP but then they nerfed it to the ground, buffed all other classes and left Enhancement in the mud.

Freedom is essential on Spirit Walk because when you clear roots with it, you can get roots immediately after and you can’t remove those.

I also don’t like Ascenscion. Big damage burst but too long cooldown makes this talent choice boring.

Both Frostbrand and Flametongue should be 1 hour buffs so we don’t have to spam it entire battle when we have good proc opportunities with other spells.

Well the current frostbrand can die in a fire.
The slow is a joke for the effort and the duration is like wtf…

Maelstrom as a main resource is terrible because to use your actual signature ability you need to build up first.
If you start the fight with 20 mealstrom and flametongue is a weapon buff again, the I guess I can live with it, but honestly? I don’t see the point in this resource. The proc prevented off healing from being to strong, meaning you can make healing surge very good with the proc and otherwise you need to hard cast it for good heals.
Also you only went oom if you actually cast heals all the time and you had a way to get mana back with shamy rage.
It is the perfect trade def vs off which in nowadays game is so heavily missed which is also a reason why this game is just terrible, esp. pvp

whackamole stormstrike is NOT fun. Because stormstrike is not allowed to hit like a truck with this mechanic as if you would have several procs you would just wreck people, so they have to tune it like a fart in the wind, which then results in having no procs you won’t do any dmg at all.
I also miss that it debuffs the target

man i just miss old enh and not this joke of a spec we have now.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.