Enlisted Buff - War Mode

I’m starting to wonder how this buff even works, seems to only be changing at weekly reset, but, what those it even take into account?

Alliance just had a nice 30% buff, ofc tons of ppl gonna use it, either for the 30% gain on gold, AP, resouce from world quest, or the 30% exp boost while lvling up. (imagen if the 30% also was added to gear, like, ilvl upgrades XD!, 10% = 5 more ilvl ect…ooh boy the rage that will come from that tho!).

How did it even get that high in the first place.

Another thing is, say world PvP is dead while you lvl up, your basically safe from anything (95% of the time) while lvling, so, if you are an alliance toon and want to power lvl, who in thier right mind will say no to a free 30% exp boost?

Is this “lvling boost” tipping the scale?, like, 10k horde at lvl 120 have War mode on, 500 alliance at lvl 120 have War mode on, the last 9k are toons from lvl 20 to 119 who wanted to power lvl with the 20%. (aka the 15% for alliance atm).

It just beg the question:
1: Why is it only updated at weekly reset?
2: What triggers it?, are all lvl’s taking into account?
3: What will happen if ALL alliance player removed war mode 1 day before reset day and all horde kept it on, 100% buff for alliance?, (free 415 ilvl gear quest inc :P?)

To me, it just seems to fail more and more each time i think about this, why is it not just zone wide to start with.

Talking about PvP, its also kinda random why we cant gain honor untill lvl 120, what dif is there if my lvl 20 alt wanted to do PvP?, my rank is already shown there, so, why cant it add honor into my pristige lvl?, BG =/= BG, no matter the lvl…its also “account wide”, but, only for a 120, why?

And howcome earning extra CP are not converted into honor, like, 10 CP = 50 honor…as a PvP’er, it just feel like once you have gained your CP cap, your done for the week, had love to push my honor rank up a bit more.

Edit: Another point for “making this Enlisted Buff be zone wide” is, i just feel sometime that there are 40+ aliance player in a zone (or stacked up at 1 damn quest), while there are barely more then 5 horde in said zone, surely the horde deservs the buff here, but noo, we are still stuck at 10% while alliance are getting 30%.

Where you got this idea?

The Enlisted buff is adjusted weekly based on the activity in WM the week before. Checking on my Alliance they currently have 15% and the Horde have 10%. Last week it was 20% for Alliance. The week before that it was 30%. The Horde one doesn’t really change. It is a static 10%.

As the buff is below the 20% required to trigger the quest I imagine we’ll see even less Alliance in WM.

Due to 400ilvl quest the Horde were hunted and killed non stop for a week. This has had a serious affect on the number of Horde willing to turn on WM. Whilst engaging in organic PvP is one thing, being hunted down so everyone can get a 400 item on all their characters did not make for good gameplay. The Horde essentially became a quest mob. Blizzard considered this a win because as they stated at the last Q&A their goal was to get Horde to turn it off. Mission accomplished.

The huge increase in WM activity the 400 item brought dropped off again when it was reduced to a 385ilvl reward. Last week I saw barely any Alliance and it was a struggle to get my 10 kills for the weekly PvP quest. Sharding obviously also plays a part in this.

They can’t apply the enlisted buff to shards. All we’d do is hop until we found a shard with the buff in our favour. It would be disastrous. Why would anyone want to complete quests in a 10% WM when they could do it at 30%.

2 Likes

I’m sure that this buff is manually controlled by Blizzard. They can’t fix 10-year-old bugs and they are slow to fix BFA bugs. Do you think they spent a lot of time to create a code and a formula by which the buff decreases or increases? They just look at QQ posts and change the % by manually editing it. And like we know every change requires a server restart that’s why it changes only after the weekly reset.

5 Likes

Checking a alt, there where no rewards that say honor when queue for BG, it only shows as exp, so, i bet it was not giving any honor at all.

@Weedform, yeah, somehow, i fear thats how it is aswell.

@Punyelf, I still feel that this shows how much of a fail or bad implanted this war mode system is,…at the start, it was like “want PvP?, turn it on” to “we want you to PvP, please, here, have a carrot on a stick” to “horde, listen, we favour alliance atm, so, if you dont like it, leave”.

Whats next, they see that a lot of ppl dont do mythic+ runs and tho, buff them with “100% chance to get a item from said mythic+ with +20 ilvl ontop of it!” XD.

1 Like

WM faction balance was about even at very start of bfa. However, there was a wm bug (fixed) at start of bfa, causing too many horde phased in, resulting in alliance wm off. This was a big problem, horde overflow shards meant many horde were not pvping, many even turning on wm for unopposed 10% bonus. And alliance declined in wm as a result of outnumbered perception.

Something had to be done to rebalance wm region wide. Solution: two dynamic incentives for outnumbered, which self correct the balance.

1. The outnumbered bonus helps to rebalance the numbers in wm, and it is working so far. We went from 30%, to 20%, and now 15%. It could stay there like in us region, or fluctuate, or hit 10%. Time will tell.

2. The gear reward was required to trigger sudden change in balance, when severly outnumbered. It worked perfectly. At 15% it’s gone, and more gradual balance could happen now.

Region wide faction balance is the goal.

1. Faction balance eu is getting closer.
  2. Excess non wpvpers are reducing.
  3. WM is more wpvp active.
  4. Less complaints from horde about one faction shards.

Sure, there’s gonna be luck of the draw, things like maybe your shard has an lfg raid or not. That randomness makes wm more interesting.

If it’s working, what’s the problem?

1 Like

Honestly, this is incredibly accurate to my experience leveling 3 characters with WM enabled. To odd occasion I have run INTO Horde players we usually just /wave/dance/hug for a couple of seconds then go our sepereate ways.

Only once has running into a horde players ended up in actual WPvP and only once have I been ganked by a high level player who waited for me to res, /waved at me then let me carry on about my leveling.

I’ve seen a lot of horde complaining, but I’ve seen the 30% on my Alliance RP realm character only for one week since implementation. Most of the time it’s 10%. I have no idea how it works.

1 Like

Basically, it all started out with 10% bonus for both sides, to encourse ppl to pick war mode (since its a PvP expansion after all).

Stuff went bad and more horde then alliance picked war mode, horde cuz of the free 10% while the alliance got tired of been ganked, so they all turned it off.

Fast forward, blizz thing its bad that they cant control the flow as to who want to PvP and who dont, so, they added tons of “carrot on a stick” to the alliance side, free 400 gear (kill 25 horde player at a FP) and 30% bonus.

This enraged (mission completed from blizz side) tons of horde player and they left War mode for good, while more and more alliance started to join the fray since the 30% was to good to pass out on (and who say no to a free 400 item?).

This resaults in the side been a bit more near each other (10% to horde, 15% to alliance).

If it ever gonna be higher for horde, it means there are to few horde left in war mode and alliance out nr us, at this point, alliance will be stuck at 10% and the horde will start getting more bonus, who knows if this ever gonna happen tho.

Also, the buff is world wide, so, no matter server, its the same, since war mode servers are shared.

1 Like

I told you two months ago, the goal is not to make it fair but to try to restore balance between factions.
¯_(ツ)_/¯

2 Likes

Region wide.

I no longer care. I keep warmode on at all times regardless of the bonus.
I kill Alliance on sight or get killed.
I observe a +/- 5 level rule: So 5 levels above or below me I won’t attack.
#itsmygame #ipayedforit

I call bullsh it on this
I pug a lot of M+.
About 300+ Runs on my alliance and well about 100 on this toon here

Im always onbe of the first on th esum stone and I would say in average 2 alliance at most have WM on while at least 4 horde player have WM on in my M+ Pugs.

Of course this is just may narrow view on the situation, but I would imagine that other have similar experiences

Observation in zone is prob more valid.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.