Era is fun as hell come join the fun

i suppose it depends on who (or what) you’re asking

Don’t join Hydraxian waterlords if you don’t plan on going hardcore. I checked the AH on alliance side wich has the highest pop. There was less than 2 pages of stuff. Mostly some low lvl potions. Not a single trade good like cloth, gems, leather, ore, herbs at all. Hardcore players don’t allow themselves to use the AH, not even at lvl 60, so the economy is non existing.

Not all players on HW are hardcore. I’d say that people should most certainly come to HW and help populate it with normal players as well, especially if they’re interested in RPing, which is what the server was created for.

3 Likes

Hydraxian waterlords is already so full that they are giving free transfers to the other RP realm. While the number of players are high, if you are not hardcore, you are going to have a hard time finding groups for dungeons, as non of the hardcore people will group with you, as it will invalidate their run. The AH is non existing on both sides, so the only trading you are going to do will be in your non hardcore guild. Lvl 1-60 are not trading at all, lvl 60 can trade, but not by mail and so only in between them. Even at 60 they will not do dungeons with someone that is not hardcore.

Hardcore can be fun, and there is probably some non HC players out there, but they are few and far between. If you don’t want to play HC I would choose another server. You will most likely have a better experience and you can actually play an MMO. HC is mainly a single player with chat, where other people are just there to steal your mobs.

1 Like

Your atrcious hat is the definition of hell.

2 Likes

Sorry but I have to disagree on this with:

It shouldn’t be even a thing saying that RP players have leave their dedicated realm imho. Whoever chose to make Hydraxian the hub for Hardcore in the first place had many screws in the brain.

1 Like

Having only one life is role-playing :smiley:

If we go by this reasoning, then also applying the RP ToS name policies to all characters is a thing, so all hardcore characters should be renamed…

2 Likes

Since 2004, people have been joining RP servers without any understanding of what they are for. It’s not something new that was generated with the hardcore boom. And Blizzard has never done anything to enforce the additional policies of RP servers, so I don’t see why they should be so strict now.

HC players aren’t RPers. They don’t use RP friendly names and they don’t do anything that real RPers do.

Like I said, I don’t mind HC players, but to tell people to avoid coming to the only surviving Classic RP server is awful, because it’ll mean the definite death of RP in Classic.

Classic offers RP opportunities that retail and “Classic” expansions don’t, it’s a unique setting without any lore retcons, nonsensical changes and character assassinations. It is also a place where one can RP their characters in the past if they wish, exploring what they were like 15 years ago (lore-wise it’s been around 15 years between vanilla and dragonflight).

To squander all of that just because HC players chose the only RP-PvE server on EU when they could’ve chosen any other random PvE server would be tragic imo. That shouldn’t happen. Argent Dawn is the only surviving RP server on EU in retail. Let Hydraxian Waterlords be the RP server for EU players in Classic.

3 Likes

I agree on everything you have said here.

If anything, HC is giving your server good visibility. A small but thriving RP community is something we should all foster and appreciate.

I am all for Era being the main Classic Hub, and within it, to have all sorts of communities and game styles as possible develop.

Outside of buying gold, ofc.

3 Likes

post edited

I am a RPer. I had character on Hydraxian waterlords and played mainly on RP server since vanilla. Choosing Hydraxian waterlord as the HC server was a terrible idea, but there is little that can be done to change it now. The server is overpopulated as hell in ALL the 1-20 zones, by players that will not group for important NPCs like the defias messenger or hard bosses like Hogger or Fizzle. You get no groups for dungeons, because they only group with other HC players for that, and the AH is non existant.

HC stole our RP server. In the state it’s in I don’t see anyway we can take it back, it’s just to full of people want to play singleplayer. Best bet would be to take another PVE realm and make that our new RP home.

4 Likes

All we can do is help promote RP, advertise the server as it truly is, aka RP, and advocate for the official HC server that would make the HC players move there.

But giving up just feels wrong. We have nowhere else to go. HC players do. We shouldn’t have to leave the server meant for us just because HC players randomly decided to pick it out of every other dead PvE server.

I hope one day Hydraxian Waterlords will have a healthy RP community, one way or another…

3 Likes

Well I’m a realist, and unless Blizz release an offical HC, we are not getting it back. There is just too many HC enthusiasts atm.

2 Likes

Instead of a normal server Id go to Zandalari Tribe as its rp pvp, so will have no hardcore people there…

As on OG from Zandalar RP still happened and the community in general was very mature about not harming that aspect either, but personally I would never force players who like to do it on a server where they can get ganked everywhere and anytime, especially now that Era is getting a resurgence of players, few of whose are exceptions fed on pure toxicity.

I know for a fact Zandalar is empty because I have an alt there to check from time to time.

I don’t know honestly. I would love for blizzard to move all the HC characters elsewhere, but despite I don’t like that RP players have to give up on their own realm, the only solution would be creating a new RP realm where they can transfer, but also enforcing the ToS rules related to it too, not just empty words this time…

While we would love a big server with just RPers, we don’t really mind some non RPers to boost the numbers as long as they act nice. But these player don’t interact at all. All low lvls area are swarmed, and one of the reasons is because noone groups for killing quests and not even for named NPCs or elites. The server is full, yet you can not get a dungeon group if you’re not hardcore. We can’t play with these people, they just want to play solo and steal your mob. An active AH is a sign of a healthy server, the AH is literally non existent. If we had the same numbers of player spread over all the lvls, and was willing to group and trade it wouldn’t be much of a problem.

3 Likes

I just want to say that this is NOT true.

There is still Celebras, with RP going on since TBCC launch. Weekly.
It´s tiny, but it´s still there.

And Celebras is also growing, slowly, but steadily, with Roleplayers.
More and more come back, some fulltime, some occasionally next to Wrath.

Yes, we are tiny, but for sure very alive and thriving. :slight_smile:

Even though we are mostly german, it would be nice if we would not be forgotten. :blush:

That being said i do understand the frustration with the hardcore player and it can NOT be a solution to advertise AGAINST this realm for people looking for RP or “normal” playing the game.

The HC players are the guests on this realm. It´s a RP Realm.
They should behave as exactly this - guests.

I really hope Blizzard gets the HC Realms right…

The roleplayers are constantily pushed aside, with the murderd RP Realms in TBCC/Wrath… it´s not right if they now loose the realms in era, too.

We deserve a place where we can be and play.

Edit:
Don´t get me wrong i don´t have issues with HC, and i know, there are some overlappings sometimes, RPer who do HC.

I just do think, that a RP Realm should be mainly the home of the roleplayers. If everyone is referring to a RP realm as HC realm and is advertising agains joining this RP realms as a RP player, something is completly wrong.
Especially since there ARE unconnected PVE realms. like Razorfen…

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.