Errors frame clear doesn't work, and other problems

Every now and then I again try to make a macro that works well and doesn’t run into one of several potential issues. Maybe you can enlighten me.

Here is my mount macro:

#showtooltip [mod:alt]Grand Expedition Yak;[mod:shift]Sandstone Drake;Archmage’s Prismatic Disc
/use [nomod,nomounted]Prismatic Bauble
/run UIErrorsFrame:Clear()
/dismount [mounted]
/use [mod:alt]Grand Expedition Yak;[mod:shift]Sandstone Drake;Archmage’s Prismatic Disc

What it does (or should do) is use the bauble whenever I mount my disc and not when I am dismounting or mounting a modifier-triggered mount. And that part works.

1. I wrote it without [nomod] in order to save space. Sadly this means the becomes the icon for any nondefined modifier.

2. I have lots of bloat because I do not want the prismatic bauble to become the icon just because it’s the first in the list.
    I tried putting #showtooltip after it, but sadly that doesn’t make a difference.
    Is there maybe at least a way to simplify the tooltip conditionals? Like accessing icon IDs and somehow finding out which ones they are?
    I also cannot put the bauble in the end because then the dismount command is first and that defines the icon, and also then the bauble sees a dismounted state and always activates.

3. For IIRC quite a long time, whenever I wanted to use the errors frame clear, it didn’t work. Hide and Show still do their thing, but Clear doesn’t do anything for some reason.
    I tried disabling all addons and can confirm it’s not an addon messing with it.
    I.e. when the bauble is on cooldown, it always throws an error when I mount the disc.

4. More pain ensues when I am trying to have it not mount the disc while I am on the yak, but only cancel the mounted state first. But if I add nomounted as conditional to each mount type, then using the macro doesn’t dismount me at all anymore. That’s why I added the dismount line. But when I am sitting on the yak and activating the macro, I want it to dismount the yak and only on further activation mount the disc. If that is even possible.
    Can I maybe artifically introduce a global cooldown so that the macro cannot mount when the dismount action has passed?

BTW, I tend towards accepting that the bauble will be the icon since it only does so for the standard mount. But I also see the cooldown of the bauble there then, which I don’t really want.

Thank you for help.

For some reason around patch 8.2.0 when calling UIErrorsFrame:Clear() in the same macro indeed doesn’t clear it. You can use a timer to workaround it, but then it would still appear for a split second

/run C_Timer.After(.2, function() UIErrorsFrame:Clear() end)

I’d advise using an addon now to filter only certain error messages if you don’t want to hide the whole thing
https://www.curseforge.com/wow/addons/error-monster

1 Like

Hm, that helps a bit, maybe. Although the brief flash might make it even more noticeable. Hard to say.

The problem regarding addons is that I do want that error message for pretty much all other cases.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.