ETA on fix for server lag?

On burning legion latency is very high. Pings are ok only bfa lands
Hello everyone,

We have been monitoring and observing reports of high latency in the world under certain circumstances. From our investigations, it appears to be caused when excessively large numbers of players end up in the same area, likely due to grouping up for world quests.

Fortunately, we have systems in place that are specifically designed to deal with this issue, and we’ve seen these latency issues automatically resolve over time as those systems kick in.

I would expect these issues from a game that I did not pay for - or a company that is smaller. But Blizzard Entertainment a triple a game developer cannot fix lag problems in a game they've been developing for more than 10 years? Can we please have an update on when this will be fixed? I enjoy the game so much, it would be very nice to be able to play it properly.
https://youtu.be/tmAPrzSGUQE

This if what I have found. Stormscale EU. People complaining about beeing unable to farm herbs, myself having massive lag issues, I checked one of the AoE farm spots and behold, AoE farming seems to be bad for performence, who would have known.
Tried to shut down all addons and set graphic settings to 1, still massive FPS drop around those guys.

Give them their own shards please. AoE farming is too good for gold making, people will keep doing it.
30/09/2018 17:20Posted by Karenai
https://youtu.be/tmAPrzSGUQE

This if what I have found. Stormscale EU. People complaining about beeing unable to farm herbs, myself having massive lag issues, I checked one of the AoE farm spots and behold, AoE farming seems to be bad for performence, who would have known.
Tried to shut down all addons and set graphic settings to 1, still massive FPS drop around those guys.

Give them their own shards please. AoE farming is too good for gold making, people will keep doing it.

Lawl this caused 0 lag the day before yesterday, this only suddenly became an issue.

This is more likely Blizzard doing some shady stuff trying to stop these AoE farms.
On draenor so big lag, game its unplayable... :(
Playing on the server Darkspear at the moment, 16 ms world/14 ms home. Nearly a 1 second delay on using abilities and looting, which is very noticeable, even more so when feign death goes on cooldown without actually doing anything. Currently in Drustvar on Alliance, but had the same issue in Tiragarde Sound a couple of days ago (same server).
Silvermoon 800+ ms... lag and dc :(
Lag on Argent Dawn BFA zones is terrible. My latency is 17 home and 17 world, and yet I am giving up trying to play BFA for yet another evening because of the server lag.

Perhaps u guys at Blizz should actually try playing in BFA zones yourselves to see how bad the server lag is. Clearly, your monitoring tools are failing to provide you with the reality of how bad things are in BFA.
Same goes for Outland/EU atm... maybe warming up to classic releasr... to make the experience extra 'Vanilla' :D
well, perhaps it is time to reach european consumer centre to give blizzard (eu) more sport to effort this server situation out.

i already did.

i pay to play.
and now its pay no play.

:(:
30/09/2018 20:30Posted by Dolgin
Lag on Argent Dawn BFA zones is terrible. My latency is 17 home and 17 world, and yet I am giving up trying to play BFA for yet another evening because of the server lag.

Perhaps u guys at Blizz should actually try playing in BFA zones yourselves to see how bad the server lag is. Clearly, your monitoring tools are failing to provide you with the reality of how bad things are in BFA.

Again, same on Argent Dawn right now in Drustvar. My latency is 43/35 yet there's a several second delay that keeps appearing on spell casts, mounting, anything.
Ravencrest unplayable atm.
01/10/2018 17:47Posted by Lukas
30/09/2018 20:30Posted by Dolgin

Again, same on Argent Dawn right now in Drustvar. My latency is 43/35 yet there's a several second delay that keeps appearing on spell casts, mounting, anything.

I can confirm - Drustvar on Argent Dawn is totally broken. Tho latency meter lies like freakin pinokio
20/09/2018 08:30Posted by Hagut
Hello everyone,

We have been monitoring and observing reports of high latency in the world under certain circumstances. From our investigations, it appears to be caused when excessively large numbers of players end up in the same area, likely due to grouping up for world quests.

Fortunately, we have systems in place that are specifically designed to deal with this issue, and we’ve seen these latency issues automatically resolve over time as those systems kick in.

WRONG. It's as bad now as it was 6 weeks ago. Overall it hasn't improved one iota, it just gets slightly better at times and then returns to being as bad as it was before.

Playing in any of the regular zones, I could just as well go on a coffee break from the moment that I hit ambush on my rogue and when it finally hits.

I did the Dark Iron Dwarf unlock scenario the other day, and thought to myself "wow, that's how my character is supposed to be played".
Come on wow sort this lag out
Another on AD with awful lag. Yes was around a WQ but nothing is "kicking in" to resolve. Wasn't that many player visible, 6-8 perhaps.
Hello everyone,

So tell me, how's that looking now? This post was two weeks ago and yet still we are getting this pathetic service on Ravencrest EU. Only time I don't get it, is between 2am and 7am which is not acceptable at all. How are casters even meant to play the game when it's like this?
Turalyon EU some extreme rubberbanding without latency issues. World and home latency shows 26ms. This is unplayable atm
Drustvar... unplayable! 6 sec of lag... can't fight or loot like we suppose too!
my ms is good... 10 ms either way!
Spell lag is terrible on Silvermoon, i checked the ping etc and only place i am losing packets is the blizzard servers, it not just me a friend who is a caster (frost mage) has pretty much quit the game as he cant play with the issue, he get half second to click his "proc" yet cant actually use it as the spell lag delay is anywhere between 400ms and 1500ms how can this happen, had the generic response my and his isp is fine reinstall computers the game no addons fresh install of both windows and wow and still happening, this has been happening since launch no problems like this appeared in legion.

ITS YOUR SERVERS - you cant blame peoples isp when its happening to everyone (though some dont notice it as its not as obvious if not casters or simply dont track thier gcd's). All around the world people are saying the same thing its a joke, either Blizzard want to make all the old players who have paid hundreds if not thousands of pounds/euros/dollars etc individually over the years to leave or they just want new 2month wonders playing and rotating and hoping they pay the 6months sub so they can get a reskinned mount that we have had before