ETA on fix for server lag?

27/08/2018 19:56Posted by Röllidroodi
All of Zuldazar on Khadgar is currently anywhere from 1-5 seconds of lag depending on if you're fighting, running or looting with a ping of 45home/47world.

can confirm on tarren mill zuldazar i cant even complete a simple world quest and world boss lag and rubberbanding is utterly bonkers
Still having this issue... how much longer will this go on, I wonder?

Edit: I was banned from the forums for a week for complaining about their terrible beta test. I guess silencing people who call you out is a legitimate way to react now-a-days for big daddy blizz.
Argent Dawn; Arathi Highlands - Unplayable, again.
Same as last time we could be here.

NO changes... what is going on?
Horrible Lag in Arathi on DE-Sen'jin. Became so bad I had to quit playing.

Why is it that every time a shard becomes a little more populated (due to Open World PvP or Arathi Rare Farming) that servers just go up in flames? To makes matters worse players are getting moved to different shards in the middle of a fight.
Can you finally fix your servers ffs? How is it possible that Arathi or Stormwind is still lagging on Argent Dawn?
Dear players, we checked the servers, and could not see anything wrong with it, could you please post your traceroutes and logs and other stuff please!

:)
20/09/2018 08:30Posted by Hagut
Hello everyone,

We have been monitoring and observing reports of high latency in the world under certain circumstances. From our investigations, it appears to be caused when excessively large numbers of players end up in the same area, likely due to grouping up for world quests.

Fortunately, we have systems in place that are specifically designed to deal with this issue, and we’ve seen these latency issues automatically resolve over time as those systems kick in.

The issues dont get resolved because of your poor quality systems but because people stop playing.
Arathi Highlands is unplayable. We are talking delay measured in seconds!
I looted a rare... I aggroed the respawn before I had finished looting.

And it can't be an issue on my side... It's ONLY happening in Arathi Highlands and not anywhere else in Azeroth.
Just adding a comment to say I am having issues on Darkspear too. Stormwind, Boralus and even in areas that arent full of people. Screen is jerky and juddery and goes from 90 fps to 28fps up to 48fps back down to 28fps. Please can you add this realm to the list of realms to be fixed
28/09/2018 20:37Posted by Beartrice
Just adding a comment to say I am having issues on Darkspear too. Stormwind, Boralus and even in areas that arent full of people. Screen is jerky and juddery and goes from 90 fps to 28fps up to 48fps back down to 28fps. Please can you add this realm to the list of realms to be fixed

Ugh, this thread is about latency.
0 information given - disgusting.

Would be nice if ppl stopped going on about FPS issues though, that isnt helping and has nothing to do with the thread.
This lag is extremely persistent, it appears randomly on a zone, and it is below zero fun to kill or do anything. By the time this has "sorted" itself out, I have either logged out in frustration, finished the stuff I had to do, or just said !@#$ it and do something else.

Do Blizzard really dont give a %^-* about their reputation?
Might not have anything to do with it but:-

Some years ago when i had lag trouble a blue told me to do tracerts etc etc.
The addresses to trace were dependent on the server group i was on which was Cyclone. Whilst finding the address i noticed that there were multiple 'battle groups' and i wondered why my particular group went all the way to Germany (from UK) and assumed that was just where 'my' server was?

Anyway now when i have tried to do that same tracert procedure again i find that Blizzard now only have 3 server addresses and i'ts got me wondering if they have lumped all the remaining players into these last 3 servers and closed the rest which would, i think, cause server overload at the start of an expansion which might explain the problems we are seeing here.

So does this make any sense? Have they gone from 8-10 servers down to 3 because of the drop in player numbers? Have we been squished into 3 which is causing these lag issues?

It must be said that i am just theorising here and i have no clue if this even makes sense.
i have fu... lags rep it !!! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bHulbhqztlU&feature=youtu.be
I tried playing this evening and for some reason I was getting a lot of server lag.
I don't even understand how Blizzard can screw up like this. Subscription numbers are down. Fewer people are playing the game right now and we still get lag.

Are World of Warcraft servers shared with other Blizzard games? Do the servers share RAM and CPU resources with fcking Overwatch or something?
Arena servers are lagging so hard. I'm stucking on the loading screen, when finally enter arena I can't interact with other players. It happens ONLY on arena, got 70ms and no such lags in World, my internet connection is 100% fine, the problem with arena server instances. Is anyone facing such issues? Any recommendations or fix eta?
Oh, and I forgot to mention that I'm using in game voice chat in the same time and it's just working fine, I can speak and hear with no problems, but game is not playable (cant press spells, other players are not moving)
most probably they moved open world activities like wqs and normal questing to some potato servers running on grandma laptop to cut costs. only dungeons and raids have normal behaviour. this company is going downhill fast
30/09/2018 00:06Posted by Ruchan
I tried playing this evening and for some reason I was getting a lot of server lag.
I don't even understand how Blizzard can screw up like this. Subscription numbers are down. Fewer people are playing the game right now and we still get lag.

Are World of Warcraft servers shared with other Blizzard games? Do the servers share RAM and CPU resources with fcking Overwatch or something?

most probably they moved open world activities like wqs and normal questing to some potato servers running on grandma laptop to cut costs. only dungeons and raids have normal behaviour. this company is going downhill faster with every xpac
>10 ms world and home according to the game
>Drustvar and Tiragarde have a 5 second delay on all of my abilities
>Stormsong is totally fine
>Only happens in BFA zones

Seriously what the f- is going on? ETA for a fix? Any information other than "it's your ISP"? Because it most certainly is -NOT- my ISP.