EU warlock feedback thread

If i am a tank caster , then let me tank .i don't want to be dps class any more.

follow the fantasy ( this is latest blizzard trends). ok lets follow the fantasy.

you either fix the dps issue or just make us tanks so we can get invited to end content activities as tanks.
Etainn, nice summary you have done on first page.

For Affliction I think you could add that Seed of Corruption must be made istant and overall damage buffed.

Favourite Specc: Affliction

1. Ramp Up Time Takes too long for Agony to ramp up Even a bigger problem in PvP due to dispel.
2. changeing location in talent tree ie -demon skin for Demonic Circle making us less tanky hard as it is to deal with melee in Arena and BGs. 7.1 changes
3. skill that should be base line that ant ie -Demonic Circle should've been baseline instead of Demonic Gateway.
4.soul effigy very cunky hard to use in pve.
I could go into this more but be happy with just this.

tryed keep it sort. :)
08/10/2016 16:17Posted by Dbride
Etainn, nice summary you have done on first page.

For Affliction I think you could add that Seed of Corruption must be made istant and overall damage buffed.

Thank you :)

I hope so see Affliction getting some love now that destro has had some nice changes.

I added in the Seed of Corruption problem!
a
For all warlock classes I think need some real DPS.
For especially Destruction, replace the GOD damn RNG mastery with something decen like all other classes in game.
favorite: Destro
make some of the pvp buffs that has been added also added too pve and less rng on both mastery/immolate ticks
Favorite Spec - Destruction

Things I like about Destro Warlock 7.1
1 - Dimensional Rifts and being able to empower them with Firestone
2 - Chaos Bolt 200% Buff
3 - The Idea of Dimension Ripper (Artifact Talent)

Things I dont like About Destro Warlock 7.1
1 - RNG Mastery
2- Backdraft as a Talent
3 - Shadowburn as a Talent
4 - Shadowfury Cast Time
5 - Not being able to use certain Honor Talents in PVE
6 - Demonic Circle as a talent

Suggestions
- Change Mastery
- Demonic Circle Baseline
- Shadowburn Baseline and now a execute again
- Backdraft Baseline
- Shadowfury cast time removed

Dimension Ripper is a Golden Trait, yet it is very boring
I suggest make Dimension Ripper 10% + a Proc that gives you Increased duration or Damage for your Dimensional Rifts

Visuals to bring back
Burning Embers and It's Visual effect
DESTRUCTION:

It required simple tune to make it usable on single target fights:

1. Chaos Bolt base damege increased by 100% (or so much as needed to make it competative vs. other classes).
2. To do not make it so overpowered on multitarget fights Target with Havoc should takes 50% of the damage from Chaos Bolt (or so much as needed to make it competative vs. other classes)

Done.
Favourite spec - Destruction

First of all, I would just like to say that I'm a fan of Havoc and the way it works with the Wreak Havoc talent. Also a fan of the dimension rifts.

Unfortunately, that ends the positives. I have three general complaints: lack of mobility, lack of baseline AoE and lack of damage. If you can't be bothered to read it, see the bottom for bullet points.

Mobility is a huge issue, especially with PVP, but also in PVE when you have to relocate all the time to avoid boss attacks. In PVP it's just annoying. Any melee class can keep moving around and through you while you're trying to cast and inevitably you end with the target behind you a lot of the time. So what you have to do is waste time casting fear, or using your succubus to cc your opponent, which also offers diminishing returns. Meanwhile, we're still squishy and our mastery offers us an RNG damage reduction.

I know that there are AoE spells available to players through the talents, but I miss seed of corruption on all specs. It's so much fun just hurling 5 of those at enemies and then watching them explode (Maybe call it Seed of Destruction for destro spec). Rain of Fire isn't good enough and it eats up 3 shards, which means you'll probably end up spamming Incinerate. Also, you removed Hellfire. The only way to get good AoE is by choosing Cataclysm, Fire and Brimstone and Demonfire, which means you sacrifice all the cast time reduction talents. Moreover, Cataclysm and F&B against bosses is pointless, so you'll never choose them when in mythics/raids since you can't respec during the instance.

Lack of damage is the most obvious issue. I maybe a casual player, but I have a decent iLvl and am severely underpowered even after the buff in the 10%/11% buff across our class. I'm not saying that you should massively increase the damage done by Chaos Bolt, since that will make it unfair in PVP, I'm just asking for some kind of fair solution. Shard generation is too focused on RNG, which means sometimes we can hit 4-5 Chaos Bolts in a row, other times it's just 1 followed by Confalgrate, followed by another 1. Shadowburn should be baseline and used as an execute exactly so that you have decent shard generation. When you step into a Mythic and are doing a timed instance, you don't have time to wait for you shard to regenerate out of combat. At least with Shadowburn, we get faster and guaranteed shard generation.

Other points:

• Shadowburn should be baseline
  • Cataclysm should also be baseline since it has a 45 sec cd
  • Shadowfury is a much needed stun, it should not be on the same row as Demon Skin and it should be back at 0.5s cast time
  • Demonic Circle and Burning Rush should be baseline, especially since BR is only really useful in PVP and for running through Legacy things faster
  • Seed of Corruption should be baseline for all specs
  • Bring back Backlash, it was a very useful mobility proc
  • If Demonwrath is a 3-sec channel castable while moving, so should Demonfire. It would add some more mobility after making us cast Immolate
  • Drain Life and Dimensional Rifts should work with Havoc. Drain life is single target spell and although technically Rifts are not cast, it would still be nice
  • Chaotic Energies needs to guarantee a minimum random damage based on our mastery score. Not a random amount up to our mastery score
  • Give us back our Dreadsteed/Felsteed glyph. Just because we own a water strider, doesn't mean we want to use it all the time

I'm sure there's more for me to add, but I am forgetful. On a closing note I'd like to write the following. So far, I've enjoyed the expansion. I think you've done a good job making the Environment fun again, while also made PvP better (haven't done enough of it in this expansion yet). I just think you need to figure out where you want this class to go. I don't care about being the Overpowered class in the game, but I don't feel like I wield fiery and chaotic energies to wreak havoc and destruction. I don't need to be a tank class, although that would be undoubtedly fun as a caster, I just want to do good dps and actually enjoy doing it. I didn't play WoD, but from what I understand there have been a lot of complaints about this class that went completely unheard prior to Legion. Please help make this class more fun!

P.S. Seriously, give us back the waterwalking on our Dreadsteed and Felsteed, it was awesome!
Ok I've been thinking about a single change that could solve some Affliction issues (bold).

Here you are:

Unstable Affluction consumes up to 5 shards to apply a strong damage overtime spell on the target. If dispelled, 120% of remeaning damage becomes an undispellable damage absorb shield on the warlock.

Or the damage could be 1 shard as istant damage and up to 4 or 5 as dot.
In Legion, I am a dedicated Destruction warlock, and here are my top 3 complaints about this specialization:

1- Our inability to simultaneously be good at ST & AoE! We have to Re-specc between bosses and trash; something most cases do not have to do. Suggestion: Construct an easier re-specc system, or give us baseline talents.

2- I dislike not knowing when my Havoc expires on a target I'm not focusing. Can we have a Havoc timer indication/warning in our status bar to serve as a reminder on how long is left on it.

3- Chaos Bolt damage. Needs a straight forward damage% increase.
Following my previous post, I just thought of something to improve our Destruction dps. Make it so that Havoc applied on an enemy hits them twice, at maybe 50%, if we're doing direct damage to that enemy. That would make us way more viable and would force us to use Havoc in our rotations on bosses.
13 October hotfix, still nothing about warlock;especially affliction.
Problems with affliction:
1. Real weak damage and pointless ramp up agony.
2. Usess talent tree
3. Worst artifact skill of game and worst artifact golden traits.
I started this game as affliction and Changed to destr. Now i dont enjoy wow coz i cant play my fav spec due to being totally ignored at end game content. Thank you blizzard, keep ignoring us. Maybe you compeltely remove affl in game.
Hello Dark Art Fellas,

I love Warlock i played this class for very long time, but in best in stock gear ... to be just average ... Walock have style have demons have cool dark effects but thats all ... sadly.
Destro:
What i really miss is proper push, non RNG mastery which do something instead of pretending to do something. Some serious burst and base spell boost, i am regular raider, but in comparation with rest of casters i fall behind even if i do exactly all stuff ... too RNG shard generation, too RNG mastery which do almost nothing, make all raiding experience expcept multi bosses event feel like playing broken character, if i look on all classes recount i see ton of damage from mastery in case of warlock almost none ... Honestly with BIS gear performing just average ... make me wonder who checked a balance of the classes, for example huners can outperform most of the classes without effort make me feel dev. simply dont care for balance
What need to be reworked:
- Mastery now have almost 0 effect
- Soul Shard generation make rotation crippled
- effective single target talents for Single target burst
- effective singe target DPS talents/boosts
- lacking mobility, no hard hitting spells like soul fire, too expensive main spell (chaos bolt)
Other builds
- Affli is now useless for raiding, demonology not bad but also lacking DPS, methamophosis and hard hitting spells lot of weak trash dont do proper burst...
Only good working stuff right now is Demon power which make me come closer and to be at least average.
Seriously guys this class need serious PVE reworking because in current state is Warlock Cripple for the raiding for most of builds ...
What we need:
-non RNG resource generation
-Proper Hard hitting mechanism current chaos bolt dont much a push
-Non RNG mastery which do something (destro, Affli)
- general DPS mechanism review
- make base spell again shadowflame, portal and cataclysm (since we lost hellfire)
- review talents and all artifact traits half of them isnt so useful in comparation
with other caster classes
According to last "Legion Developer Q&A" the class balance is fine and is working as intended.
Quoting from mmo champion: "All specs can't have strong and consistent AoE. The team wants there to be areas of strength and weakness."

Basically they are more concerned in fixing fury warriors then affliction.

This is how much they consider our constructive posts...

gg
Demo

First of all, i am quite casual, so i can't speak about pvp or raiding.
That being said, i still have some problems with the current demon warlock.

The "fantasy" is supposed to be as a mighty summoner calling forth mighty armies of demons, right? How does that translate to summon 4 imps and 2 anorexic felhounds that disappear after 12 seconds? This looks and feels like a beast hunter with the abillity to summon a handful of bunnies to nibble the enemies ankles.

The visuals in general is quite poor for the warlock. People loved metamorphis for a lot of reasons. It gave mobility and power. And it also looked cool, and i think that was quite important. It was a flashy big thing we could do. When the warlock turned into a demon, that signaled: "this just got real"

We lost meta, and i am in theory okay with that. Having 2 classes have the exact same ability, would reduce how special it feels, and demo hunter not having it would be weird. BUT if we HAD to lose it, we needed something to replace it. Something cool, big and flashy that screams: "We are the masters of demon magic!".

I don't feel we have something like that.
Right now they could tweak the damage until the ends of time, and warlock would still be boring to play. I boosted a fire mage, and it looks awesome when he fight! There is a glowing rune on the floor, floating orbs that turns into phoenixes, dragon head breathing fire, a giant meteor, big pyroblasts, and i can run and jump while doing it.

Meanwhile if i want to do anything as my warlock, i have to stand still and summon the nibbling bunnies.

If we have to suck, could we at least look cool while doing it?
15/10/2016 08:49Posted by Madflipz
Are you serious? You make an entire feedback thread dedicated to warlocks, you have 30% of your Q&A posts highly upvoted questions towards warlocks and balance.... and how many questions were answered in the Q&A? Has anyone even !@#$ing read the feedback that is posted here?

You know I had some hope when making posts in this thread or when posting my questions on the live Q&A thread.

And we get ignored again.

You're a bunch of %^-*ing hypocrites and liars. Remove this thread, delete my post or do whatever the !@#$ you want, you obviously do NOT care at all what your players think.

This thread only got marked as sticky and blizzard commented on it, that's why it is on top of the warlock forum. It is not an official blizzard post.

This was my initiative to give constructive feedback to the devs, by letting others post their concerns. So no need to remove this thread.

But I agree with you. If they do not respond to clear constructive feedback, which they asked for, then perhaps we should just all make rage threads. That seems to be the only way to make them listen..
Yep...we are long past constructive feedback.
make UA 8 seconds duration and unaffected by haste like all other dots

will go a long way towards fixing aff lock ST dps and probably raise our overall dps significantly as we will again have Haste as our primary stat which snowballs into more shards and more multi dotting