EU warlock feedback thread

Here are my thoughts for the table:

Although Warlock was my very first charter created, I never mained it and save for Tournament realms, rarely played it. However with my original realm(s) dying out, I rerolled to Lock and found fun in playing it so far.

Destruction

Positives:
- I love the "oldschool" Lock niche, kind of reminds me of Vanilla/TBC/Wotlk. Certainly better than MoP/WoD. The "class fantasy" kinda works with the spec.
- Soul Shard. Yes. I know many people hate it for PvE reasons, but I think it gives you more flexibility and dynamics. It's excellent in PvP and I do like it in PvE too. It's not the resource which there is a problem with.
- Drain Life. Our old Drain Life is back, being a channeled selfheal, a really utility spell. This is how you give balanced selfheal to a dps class.
- We got a fair toolkit vs casters.
- Love the reworked Havoc and our awesome cleaving potential.
- Pets are in a fair place now, Grimoires are nice.
- Fairly high skillcap/ceiling, room for plays.
- Inferno
- We kept unending breath!

Negatives:
- We struggle against melee, mostly because our bad mobility, lackluster damage when trained and not-that-strong anti-melee utility.
- Chaos Bolt damage. Both in PvE and PvP. I mean really. It should be [one of] the scariest casted spell in the game, especially when you talent Focused Chaos.
- Conflagrate root is bugged and the talent row poorly designed.
- Although Inferno is good/fun, Destro had Shadowfury as baseline for 6 years - now we only got Inferno on 3 min cd.
- The two alternate builds are dumb and also bad (Shadowburn / Cremation).
- Talent trees are poorly set out, talent positions, bad rows/tiers.
- Pets' limited usage, Voidwalker useless in pvp.
- Limited control options when out of cds - frustratingly suspectible to train (just like other caster).
- I miss Demon/Fel Armour.
- Rain of Fire

Realistic Suggestions:
- Buff Chaos Bolt. Short Story Short.
- Increase Voidwalker pvp usability - Either a Disarm/Absorb shield.
- Two of the following, utility spells or effects baseline (which would not interfere with dps, but would increase fun and skillset and provide more choices):
Nether Ward/Demonic Circle/Mortal Coil/Shadowfury or decreased Inferno cd/Drain Life damage reduction effect/Curse of Weakness/Dark Pact
My choice would be baseline Demonic Cricle and Nether Ward.
- Reworking some of the talents/talent rows:
Tier 3, Tier 5, the pvp Tiers 3-6 (like make pvp Tier 6 an entirely aoe row)
- This might be too much, but... reduce Inferno CD?
(Also Fel Armour/Demon Armour reintroduced? It was a plus skillcap and melee train could be countered with it. Do not see any realistic chance, but lets say Fel Armour could be a PvP talent, kinda as Warlock Def-stance.)

Hope you find reading it useful.
Can we have a change to some Artefact Traits regarding our Wild Imps or have a change in Hand of Gul'dan?

For out doesn't feel rewarding when I am using HoG. I don't think an Imp should cost 1 Shard when a Dreadstalker also costs 1. I literally don't use HoG in any situation. It feels better to use Dreadstalker, Darkglare, GoService:Felguard, Infernal/Doomguard and Fellord ervery time.

HoG should cost 2 Shards for 4 Imps then it feels more rewarding than make it Instant and 2 charges with 12 second recharge.

PS: Remove Implosion as Talent and make it gold trait when they expire.

What do you think?
Hi.

I've played demo warlock this expansion, and I have to say first that this is the first i've enjoyed Demo warlock since I leveled my warlock. Im having quite fun even I know there some issues that you are looking at.

Well, back to the issue. Hand of Guldan spell.

This is primarly our dps spell (because it summon imps, and the imps are the one's who makes the most damage for us in a long fight). We need to work for it (usually have 4 soulshards when we push it), so it should feel rewarding when we execute it.

When Im pushing f.eks Mythic+, there is alot of constant chain pulls. Lets say I focus an add which has 25% HP and use my Hand of Guldan. It gets failed if the add dies beforehand, but lets say I get to cast it. And suddenly a warrior with execute kills the add before mye meteor hits the add.
My soulshards are consumed and no imps spawning. All that work for 4 soulshards and the result is nothing :(

How about refunding those soulshards used if the add dies beforehand, or spawn the imps either way?

It's just feel unrewarding that I've used 4 soulshards and nothing came out of it.

And there will probably be some here who will say "Dont use that spell when the add has 25% or less HP", but that's not the issue. When you use your soulshard, I wanna feel Im getting paid for it.

Well, hope you guys at Blizzard see this and hopefully reply at it :)
Seriously though, we are 6 months in the expansion and the affliction spec still looks like either a vacant land or a dumping site.

I just came back to the game in order to level-up my lock (which is supposed to be my main in fact) and I am baffled by the impression of emptiness that stems from playing it. My spell book is empty, so are my action bars.

At this point I just hope that it improves with gear, pve/pvp progression at lvl 110... But I am not delusional. In most cases, When blizzard fails at designing a class in this game, the evil is done for the whole expansion and there is rarely a way back. If only you could prove me wrong...
I would change many things. Destruction more burst dmg, mastery should increase crit dmg and crit chance. Give Backlash back to them and make CB hit stronger but with a little CD. Also Shadowburn as executed skill, then Shadowfury instant. Rain of Fire instant, new 100 talent for SC. Demonic Fire - All spells deal 10% of dmg as Chaos dmg, doesn't count for CB. Channel Demonfire - new Demonfire Chaos dmg DoT dmg/cd same. Give Destruction Cataclysm as baseline spell and as talent Fel Cataclysm, reduce cast time by 0.5, increase CD by 10 seconds. But Deals Chaos dmg.

Demonology DE becomes our mastery with increase to our dmg to. Summon Observer is baseline reduce dmg by 10%. Give instead Demonic Power, cause you and your pet to deal chaos dmg for 20 seconds. Soul Conduit baseline, instead bring Demonic Birth fuse worth one of your Demons for 20 seconds giving new spells and chaos dmg. Then of course DB to Demonic Birth, for this Demonic Rift - Opens a Rift to the Nether for 30 seconds summoning Demons every 3 seconds for 8 seconds. Demons that are summoned: 4 Imps, 3 Dreadstalker, 2 Succubus, 2 Felguards(random till last Demon comes) and 1 Darkglare/Infernal/Doomguard <- last Demon and randomly one of them.
CD all 3 should have is 3 min.

No Demon Wrath channel, it is instant and execute 12 sec cd. All Aktive Demons Strike with brute Force unleashing Chaos dmg.

Grimmore of Supremacy bring back the old one from MoP/WoD. Change Infernal and Doomguard to baseline and give us as Big CD Pit Lord/Doomlord .

Affliction first change is Shadowbolt back and Drain Life is a DoT Syphon Life increases dmg and health from it. (I hate channel spells) Nightfall is instant SB. Soul Conduit baseline(all speccs) instead Wrath - DoT that deals minor dmg but has a chance of 20% to do 4 Times dmg and increase dmg of the other DoTs by 5%. Last 15 seconds deal dmg every 3 seconds. CD 1,5 min.
Oh change UA back to what it was. A dispell protection.

For all speccs bringt back Demon Armor and Fel Armor.

Some changes I would love to see. That is just a little of the top. I update my post as long nobody says something.
Rerolling seems as only answer. Blizz dun care about locks. We are not mages...
Class: Destro

I totally agree with Etainn on the Burning Rush baseline ability and everything about the Destruction changes, espacially with the Shadowburn/Conflagrate replacement. I think we shouldn't have to choose but have them both and otherwise Shadowburn should go back to being the execution move it was in Pandaria.
18/04/2017 20:56Posted by Galdúr
Class: Destro

I totally agree with Etainn on the Burning Rush baseline ability and everything about the Destruction changes, espacially with the Shadowburn/Conflagrate replacement. I think we shouldn't have to choose but have them both and otherwise Shadowburn should go back to being the execution move it was in Pandaria.

I'm glad to hear that I do people's concerns justice, thanks :)
Demonology Bugs:
From 7.2.0 => When Fel Guard summoned after Imps, Imps disappear.
From beginig of of Legion =>Using Demon Bolt damages target AND Guard NPS(for example when you have 20 Withered in scenario, you damage target and all 20 of them).
I'm not a theory crafter or someone who has in depth knowledge of class details and can analyze whats specifially needed.

What I can say, as someone who enjoys all aspects of the game, but mainly plays for casual random battlegrounds, playing a warlock not only feels like a struggle, it's the only class I've ever played in any MMO that I feel is pointless in battlegrounds.

I add soulwell and the odd fear to the team and thats it. I dot up as many enemies as I can, but the damage is so low I feel its not doing anything. I get one melee on me and the best I can do is survive as long as I can just so I'm a bit of a distraction. More than one, I give up.

When I play my monk, I target Warlocks simply because I never lose.

I want to love the lock, there is something there with the flavour and concept. But as a player, the class right now in bg's is not only not fun, but pointless. They need not just a tweak or two. They need a lot of love. It's saddens me. I'm at the point where I'm about to give up on him and even consider deleting him like an ex's phone number.
PVP wise,

Amplify Afflictions removal, no buff to survivability and the removal of deaths embrace (a pve talent wich you wont take in pvp) will make affliction , the worst caster spec in pvp, even worse.

No communication is the problem here
Ok so 7.2.5 has been released, took the time to study all the changes beforehand, but nothing could prepare me for what was to come. I`ll ignore all the overall damage increase cuz it seems everybody just got a whole lot of that - "way to go to stop stats and damage inflation".

- Chaos bolt is near impossible to use in PVP! Shoul shard generation through fragments is not granular and reliabe is slow, especially with conflagrate now generating 0,5 of a shard.

- You did "reduce the number of Chaos Bolts being cast" - bear in mind the buff to damage is ignored - see first paragraph. I am on board with reducing the number of chaos bolts being cast BUT not with taking away the 0,5s cast reduction from Reverse Entropy, and in PVP because of reduced number of chaos bolts forget about Eradication, so : Casting a chaos bolt in arenas without the 0.5s reduction in cast - imposible!

- "Conflagrate now generates double resources from hitting a second Havoc target" - Havock having a 45sec cooldown now, conflagrate amounts to nothing through this mechanic.

All in all sh`t got a whole lot more unsatisfying for destro walocks and it`s all because of this:
  • Conflagrate now generates 5 Soul Shard Fragments (was 1 full Soul Shard/10 Soul Shard Fragments).
  • Reverse Entropy redesigned slightly: lost the 0.5s reduction in the cast time of Chaos Bolt.
  • P.S.: Tooltip in game for Immolate: "Periodic damage of Immolate generates 1 Soul Fragment and has a 50% chance to generate an additional 1 on critical strikes." BUT in Patch Notes: : "Immolate’s periodic damage has a 50% chance to generate 1 Soul Shard Fragment" and "Immolate’s periodic damage critical strikes have a 100% chance to generate 1 Soul Shard Fragment"
    so my problem is that you basically have to take the new skill deaths embrace from the talent tree its the only way to get the dps back up, Which i wouldn't mind but basically makes the other talents obsolete i mean whose going to take 20% chance at a soulshard over 50% increased damage at enemys below 30% so this leads to my main issue you basically need the legendary ring for the skill to be also able to pick a second talent from that tree or to use something else basically saying warlocks should definatly use the new legendary ring and 1 other legendary taking away all other options it will become the standard.
    not to mention the fact that i didnt lose 50k dps or even 100k but almost 200k i was easily doing mythic 12-14 now il be lucky to get a invite for a plus 6
    i never complained before about the warlock class ive been happy most of the time with the style of play but this is just horrible i did a mythic plus and messed arround a bit to see if i could get comfortable with it but its just horrible
    Main spec - Destruction

I'm quite happy with the new changes to Destruction, there's only 1 big issue I'd like to adress for PvP.
    The change to "Havoc" making it a 25 second cooldown 10 second debuff hurts us alot. Havoc is a curse debuff and is therefore able to be decursed. This happens alot in PvP situations and it being on a 25 second cooldown means that it's become an unreliable spell since it can be dispelled right away.
    It pains me to see this because Havoc was a center piece in how I played PvP. With this change every destruction warlock will be forced to play the "Focused Chaos" spec.

I'd love to see Havoc being changed back to the way it was, or if it has to be a 25 second cooldown, atleast make it undispellable to make it playable.

No change to Havoc means that Havoc will never be played again in PvP situations.
    DEMONOLOGY IN PVP FEEDBACK

Hey all :)

I just wanna give you some feedback regarding demo in pvp situations. First off I'd like to let you know that with the typical pvp setup: Shadowflame - Implostion/ Improved Dreadstalkers - Service - Darkglare/ Demonbolt

We are severely underperforming. I'm not joking when I'm telling you I'm doing my all in a battleground, apart from being shut down most of the time, my damage is only competing with healers' passive damage. Sure we have some pretty good CC's, however when my shadowbolt/ demonbolt only hits for 80k on a 1.5 sec cast which is a risk of locking me out of everything, Doom only ticking for 286k AFTER 14.5 sec -

(which barely ever happens as it is usually dispelled immediately or never get's chance to even tick due to player dieing fast by others anyway or the damage being completely absorbed even by warriors passive healing)

- and implosion dealing around 100-150k per target after much setup, there's absolutely no wonder. Even my big cooldown: Thal'Kiel isn't hitting anywhere near as hard as it should considering the effort we need to put in to make it hit decently enough, around on average this:

http://i.imgur.com/esIi4cD.jpg

^ 259k hit (how, really how lol) and a very lucky 1.1mil crit.

Consider the above evidence and also realise the 28 ticks of doom, I'm talented for hand of doom and I casted hand of Gul'Dan quite a lot so there's no surprise I had atleast 28 ticks, but then consider for a moment that an affliction or destro (my fave) has a dot that tick for between 100k and 200k per second and mine ticks once evry 14.5 sec and yet hits for 286k.

We are severely undertuned and even as a CC lord we still have no way to win against warriors or most (if not ever from what I'm seeing) melee in the game because we melt within 4-6sec stuns easily. We're not even scary, we deal the short CC's hoping to get a cast off and barely ever do and when we do the damage is immensly underwhelming. players having 4.9-7mil health pools and I'm hitting for tiny 200k chips every other second or so. I'm melting by warriors passive autoattack damage. What is this? Why have you purposfully made sure we are this terrible?

Please respond if you'd like much more detailed feedback.

Playing as affliction or destro (my fave) I have no real issue getting them decent numbers, although I'm always focusing on the BG objectives here, as Demo I'm useful for slowing down flag carriers but that's about it, I can't defend a base myself, I can't 1v1 anyone really (melee mostly) and I feel so weak and the effort in the amount of setup I need to create is ridiculous for this level of damage which nobody notices :S

This really isn't Hyperbole, I promise you we are terribly undertuned.
    - Tell us your main warlock spec
    Destruction

- 3-4 things you don't like about the spec right now.

The 5% was not needed. Someone needs to be top, and likewise, someone bottom. We've had months of being in the bottom and actually excluded from content due to our spec. I'd have preferred it if you had focused on reducing the gap between top and bottom rather than nerf'ing us after 4 days of live play.

The water walking ability needs reinstated to our class mount. You sold your product at one time using this as part of the advertisement. It's merely a QoL in game feature that should never have been removed.

New Legendary Chest need longer proc time time to allow synergy with other cooldowns. Even 1 sec longer would make a difference. Its proc frequency is also very poor. EG: tested on several NH hc boss fights and usually proc is only once, 2 max but rarer.

Mana issues are crippling the rotation. Please address this before the patch goes live. It is effectively, in certain circumstances a nerf when you may need your output the most.
    So, it always bugged me that Thal'kiel's Discord seems to cause the Skull to disappear, but I never cared enough to go to the forums. After putting days of effort and about 30 tries to get Sigryn down and complete the Mage Tower Challenge for the upgraded appearance, and it STILL disappears after all that effort, it's a bit bothersome.

Might just be speaking for myself here but I mainly started off playing Demonology cause I heard there was going to be an awesome floating skull, I mean it's one of the coolest ones in the game, so Blizzard can you please fix this simple bug?
    1 Like
    gtz on nerfing the !@#$ out of us after you do somthing good you go an brake us again gj wp
    Give back metamorphosis! So i can go back to demonology!
    Destro is perfect right now.