EU warlock feedback thread

Reminder, that we still dont have any feedback for warlocks overall and neither any hotfixes for affli PvP.

I even contacted gm, still nothing.
Demo is awful since the start of the beta. I still don't understand how they could fail the spec. After all they done in Diablo with Necromancer (D2) and Witch Doctor (D3). Those are two good ways of doing demo.
Why didn't they just copy it? I really want to play demo, I love to watch my enemy die but as long as it stays like this I will just play him time to time.
And of course why can every npc warlock or demon deal chaos dmg and we not?
07/08/2017 01:53Posted by Dhorma
Give back metamorphosis! So i can go back to demonology!

this
but not just meta ofc - the entire spec, not this hardcasting abomination
Demonic Empowerment is just a boring filler mechanic. The spell doesn't really do anything except increasing damage.
Maybe if it was reworked to replace Soul Harvest but then again no.

Please remove Demonic Empowerment completely.
I loved playing Warlock previously on my other account.

But because of the changes in Legion/WoD I decided to give up my favorite class because of these changes which seems to be here to stay.

Before the focus on soulshards was not as it is now. It was important but not a must. Now however I can not do anything without the soulshards, it feels like you are as limited as a Warrior with his rage.

I am mainly upset about the Demonology and Destruction specializations.

Destruction
AoE spell = Soulshard.
Above average damage = Soulhard. (Wich was and is fine, but not combined with EVERYTHING COSTING SOULSHARDS. And really all DPS is included here.)

Also Blizzard is more generous about how easy it is to generate soulshards, but this causes much more micromanagement and just removes the consitency of DPS even further. However I like the mastery, it's interesting.

Demonology
Well it was my favorite spec before, but there are some issues.

First of all, so many fillers and still no consistency.
The focus have been on having to check your timers, when your imps go away when to recast demonic empowerment, when to cast summon demons.

Before I felt it was about having some really powerful strong demons, combined with imps getting summoned automatically when I used hand of guldan. Doom spawning in some demons for me. Now again it's so much micromanagement so it becomes a bother to play warlock.

Affliction

Add a nice AoE spell please!

I will edit this post, now I am gonna play some WoW with my friend who I just convinced to play again after talking with him about the trailer.
Demonology feedback:

One of the best class fantasies but one of the worst executions.

When compared to other specs, permanent demon pets are only stronger cause of demonic empowerment which feels like a chore to cast. Wild imps and dreadstalkers feel underwhelming as the same damage levels could be gained from using a DoT spell from the other specs.

Doom has an awesome thematic but the execution is poor. Give the ability as many restrictions as needed to make it feel impactful (both in PVE and PVP).

I'm also questioning the purpose of soul shards for this spec. They are primarily used for Hand of Gul'dan and Call dreadstalkers, both of which I think could work without soul shards.

Summoning permanent demon pets should be baseline enhanced. For example:
- Summon 4 permanent imps
- Voidlord gradually generates a shield for the warlock while summoned and out of combat
- Succubus and warlock remain stealthed while standing still and out of combat
- Summon 2 felhunters

Command demon should be introduced at an earlier level and the abilities through it changed. For example implosion (talent) could be a base ability for imps through command demon.

____

I like demonology cause of its class fantasy. But the way the kit plays just makes the player feel cheated... Demonic empowerment + temporary demons is not enough to make an engaging spec.
Mainspec: Demonology (PvP suggestions)

Dislikes
    Demonic Circle, I really dislike that it is not baseline and our only reliable mobility spell outside of 1.5min cr gateway.
    Demonic Empowerment, Having to cast this after you summon pets everytime instead of being a buff you have to keep up, as "slice and dice" for example.
    Mana, It's actually quite riddicoulus how much you need to life tap as a demo warlock. Either change how much health it costs or how much mana you get back.

Look at this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FeqozTgesvk
and tell me that doesn't look so much more fun than the game looks right now, the game has becomed so pruned there is near to no room to outplay people since learning a class nowadays takes minutes since there is like not even half as many abilities as there used to be.

Really excited to see how Blizzard will respond with Battle for Azeroth, in hope they will revert the prune to make classes have a skillcap again.
Hi,

Demonology main here, my 2 cents :
I may be a minority but I love the current core concept of summoning hordes of small demons, empowering them, and sending them to do my dirty work. The fact that you can do most of your damage without having to do the work yourself (I.e. Other than sb / doom, you aren't the one doing the hurting, the minions are) is awesome.

That said, I have 3 small suggestions that don't really change much (most aren't even more but a recap from other posts), yet imo would do so much for quality of life and class fantasy :

1) demonic empowerment: let it be cast while moving
2) summon hellhounds: baseline instacast instead of pvp talent only
3) add a big dps cd for Demonology only, on 5min cd: summon pit Lord (can either he fire and forget, or add some constraints like long cast-time or need multiple players to channel to make it go faster or health drain while active)

This would fix the mobility issues affecting the class in raids and pvp, and would address the class fantasy issue where we don't have the biggest demons of the 3 specs (since only affli can actually use supremacy)

Other suggestions I liked: no cost on summon hellhounds (it already had a cd) - thus would imply balancing imps thougj..
And something should be done with doom, idk what, but something it's just not fun atm

But I for one hope that the spec doesn't get a huge rehaul, as I like the fantasy and general gameplay..

Edit: for a more drastic change and since everyone wants a piltlord :
1 to 3 min cd spell, costs 5 soul shards: summon a piltlord who instantly consumes all your active demons, empowering himself for X% per demon consumed. Lasts N sec. While piltlord is active, the piltlord spell is replaced by "control piltlord". This is a channeled spell is active once piltlord spawns, that let's you control piltlord like a regular pet (attack, abilities etc.) if the channel is cancelled by you/interrupted, the piltlord becomes neutral (basically like a very very strong mob), but will keep attacking it's current target (so like a regular minion again.)
Class spec:Affliction

I've been a Demo lock since Wrath of the Lich King. However I like affliction too, and when Blizzard stealed us Metamorphosis and gave it to Demon Hunters after taking us away Soulfire I just gave up and started playing Affliction. Stealing us the strongest abilities and mechanics to give them to Demon Hunters is not cool, Blizzard. Not cool at all...
I do not know if anybody has already mentioned it, I already sent a bug report ingame, but currently you are unable to rename your glyphed demons at the Demon trainer.
I used to main demonology in cataclysm, I went destruction in mop and played both demon and destruction in warlords, I mostly have not played legion due to the class changes but anyway a list of stuff.

1/removed pet abilities, some removed because they were parts of glyphs others parts of talents others just stripped because, some of these could be re-added without breaking the game.

*all pets being dps viable and chosen for flavor / utility, added depth and fantasy.
*Imp being a second source of fortitude with blood pact.
*upgraded imp mass dispel type ability.
*upgraded felhunter spell-steal (where devour would give the pet the stolen buff)
*eye of kilrog being able to fly in zones where the player had unlocking flying.
*eye of kilrog being able to drop the demonic circle.
*eye of kilrog being able to detect invisibility and grating improved stealth detection (this is 100% fantasy eyes being able to see through stealth)

*finally void-walker not being able to solo tank as good due to talent changes the paladin follower is arguably a better tank-pet, can hold aggro and will res himself (read:run back in) a few seconds after death.

2/unique resources, giving all locks soul shards feels like a massive step back to cataclsym, the reason for giving each warlock spec different resources were to make each spec feel different, something rogue sort of suffered with but making all spec use soul-shards feels like a step back for no apparent reason, suggest letting destruction use embers and demo use fury (do not have to give them "meta form" but some kind of powerup to spend fury could have worked)

3/Demonology plays exactly like dots except your dots are pets. this new spec feels hastily thrown together and not well thought out.. have a suggestion.

make felguard baseline or a talent (for all spec) and allow demonology warlocks to perma enslave demons kind of like hunters except its demons! because its fun!!

warlocks have been asking for this ability since forever it would go some way to appeasing the community for the loss of metamorphosis.

4/healthstones, really these should be the unique buff they always were, making them a potion is "bring the player, not the class" aren't we supposed to be going the other way this time around? make this a aoe healing spell or something to make warlock as a pure dps spec feel a little more special? ya know?

final thought
a lot of work in mop was done to improve the specs, make them feel unique, fun and make the class feel like a powerful demon wielding monster but it feels like legion has spend a lot of time undoing that as a result warlock feels like its 2 expansions older. Legion lock feels like cataclysm lock and it can be fixed
Started Leveling an affli alt not long ago. Didn't play locks since, what, TBC? Considering that's a mid-100s alt with only a few artifact traits my feedback should be taken with a grain of salt, but i did notice a good bunch of the issues listed here anyways. Subpar mobility, bland rotation and the absurd issue of being in-combat for freaking ever due to DOTs/pets being some of them.

Another major pet peeve is that they didn't tap into the potential of Life Tap either. I'd dig a talented version giving you one of several random short-term buffs and/or spell alterations whenever you use it, similar to Outlaw's Roll The Dice. Rather than being a strict Life to Mana conversion it could be used as some sort of ritualistic sacrifice to The Fel or w/e: You're already spilling your own damn blood, might as well put it to good use. I'd personally like it to give you random debuffs as well, enforcing quick decisionmaking in terms of calculation of priorities and costs/benefits, but that might be overcomplicating it for some.
It'd add a certain randomness to an overly predictable spec with a repetitive rotation, although i can see how this would be aggravating to others - hence the optional talent.
bring back MoP/WoD Demo
Tame demons - I think taming demons the same way hunter have pets, would make it much more enjoyable playing warlock, and at the same time allow us to specialize our characters making them feel a bit more uniqe/interresting to work on. Demons would also need some sort of a talent tree.
revert to mop
Yeah-yeah, i know that blizzard community managers and dev team are looking for constructive feedback, without toxicity, but you should understand that your attitude to warlocks forced people to be less reasonable.
Do you understand how awful must have felt demonology warlocks when mister Hazzikostas said "We'd rather you didn't play Demonology". This is simple exaple how game developers should not to answering such questions.
Removing Metamorphosis from Demo locks was huge mistake, at first place. This was great and solid spec, if you felt that you want to make some experiments with puppeteer style of play, you should make 4th spec.
And to harras demonology players even more, you added kanrethad Ebonlocke as follower, whom use old Metamorphosis... like look how cool you was in previous expac!

Did Blizzard class design team even tried to play Warlock, or they just trowned some ideas just for sake of doing something?
  • Zero mobility
  • Questionable CC
  • Bad Pet Damage
  • low amounts of shields
  • Bad healing mechanics
  • Tons of bugs
  • Undocumented changes like wrathguard no longer dual weild his weapons
  • Warlocks was outsiders of fun gameplay (not number wise) whole freaking legion expansion, and now in pre patch of BFA warlock still have
  • Broken Healthstone - really? My healing potions heal me better! Oh and Health potion and healths tone share CD! And can be used once per combat!
  • No new demons! No new demons since MoP. Hunters receavin new pets almost every expansion!
  • Warlock class desing stuck in 2005... or wait, you rolled back warlocks in legion back to 2005, because in MoP or even WoD warlocks was better in general, and Demo in personal.
    Back in one of Legion Q&A mister Hazzikostas said that he don't want to give warlocks mobility because it will be homogenisation. But execuse me, every melee in the game has mobility, self heal, anti-magic defence, great cc spels, anti-cc spels... isn't that a homogenisation?
    Now in Pre patch people look at warlock especially at demonology and say "this looks awesome, but your damage is trash". Is this some sick joke, to talk so much about changes to demo, but make it garbage im prepatch to scare off people from that class even more?
    1 Like
    Hello, could it be possible to get demon language for warlocks as a speakable language like the Demon hunters have? It'd flesh out the class fantasy in my opinion.
    27/07/2018 21:30Posted by Devyx
    It'd flesh out the class fantasy in my opinion.

how can you flesh out something that doesn't exist
    1 Like
    Just a quick post saying the new incinerate is awesome :D BUT it needs to be wider. Incinerate doesn't look like it reflects its name. It needs to be a wave of fiery pain.
    The effects in itself looks very good. Just needs to be wider ;)
    Main spec - Demonology

- A horrendous mistake tying 2 talents to a specific pet. It is a failure of a decision.
    Suggestions:
    1) Replace Demonic Strenght talent with Demonwrath AOE which was taken away from us with a prepatch and make it for all pets and make it castable while felguard executing its normal Felstorm ability so it will provide a nice AOE burst. I see no reason it to be a Felguard specific only;
    2) Soul Strike is a must have talent in my opinion especially in PvP, make it available for succubus pet, i want to utilise succubus slow ability against melee classes in PvP and the fact that the most damaging abilities like Demonic Srenght and Soul Strike are Felguard only deprives me from using Succubus because i will lose too much in terms of damage.

Please heed me, i'm sure my opinion is the same for many many demonology warlocks.