Europa v russia

5 AV today and 5 russians teams in a row, so its looks like blizzard whants us to fight russia, to bad we are loosing badly tho. But im not blaming russians for playing good, i blame blizzard. Russians players should never ever be in a pure russian group, thay should be mixed in like we do, and make the game about horde v alliance. Im in 1 right now and we are loosing so badly and alot of players keep leaving, this is not not even close to fun :-/

9 Likes

clearly l2p issue.

3 Likes

Why the $#*@! everyone here thinks that all the servers of europe are united except Russian ones?

What about the Germans and the French? Why does everyone forget them, but they always talk about Russian players?

Germans and French play same as Russian players, the French only play with the French, the Germans only with the Germans.

They also have that language “advantage”.

2 Likes

Yes. The question that must be answered is why some teams (in this case RU) have motivation to coordinate and play for win, and others don’t?

In before “they speak the same language” - it’s not the reason. Communication in a bg consists of a few phrases that are repeated every time. A lot of well playing teams do not communicate at all, because there is no need when everyone knows what to do.

1 Like

There are very strong english teams too that we lose but we get them rarely. Clearly l2p issue.

1 Like

About this illusory “language advantage”

For example AB. “Call incs” “ST, LM, BS, Farm, GM” “inc/clear”.

What else do you need? Russian German and French players use the same phrases in the chat.

English teams seem to have a lot more casual players than RU, DE, FR.

But also I think motivation is a same psychological factor everywhere, when you see a lot more stronger opponents you kinda feel desperate and some people prefer to just let it go and “whatever happens”.

IMO everyone wants to have challenging battles, but maybe rather on their level of skill. A person with average skill can’t (and doesn’t want to) compete with high skilled opponents because he knows that the effort he must put into the fight will be times greater than his opponent…and the outcome is not known. This in random bg, and so we end up with semi afk and “let them win”, “queue next”. Horde currently winning more bgs also adds to the issue.

There are talks about implementing hidden MMR in random bgs since long time, but nothing is done yet. IMO this could increase people’s motivation to win. When they see an opposing team on their skill level and feel that they have a real chance.

this is about l2p, but afther 6 AV yesterday where we won 1 because for some reason the russians only had 25 players for a while, when they had 40 it was to late. The 5 others we lost realy bad, was not even close and russians was farming us, loads of players left and im sure only the russians was having fun. If the russians and us was mixed like it should have been then this problem whould not
existed. Im sure alot of the players reading this just whant to type in that we need to L2P, but thats not gone happen, way to many just whant it easy and they are just gone leave the game, and we have lost alot of players, and if we keep losing more players it can be the end of WOW.

1 Like

It’s not an L2P issue, RANDOM BG’s are treated as such by EU players, its a gearing method at best and a quick kill others game at worst.

Russians treat RANDOM BG’s like Rated Arene or Rated BG’s…

It’s a play mentality difference that will never be fixed by any method other than seperating them like they did before.

2 Likes

And as someone stated above, this is gonna put people off PvP as for US Random BG’s are the entry level.
Some of those players wont enjoy PvE either and will instead just quit the game due to a bad intro expereience into PvP.

how many people have complained to blizz about this very subject
or started a forum topic about it yet ive never seen any reply from blizz yet, after taking to a gm about it he said "its a very hot topic " and still nothing is done

You are whining from the beginning of patch 5.4 for almost 5 and a half years about Russians.

Has anything changed?

Yes probably it is really a VERY hot topic.

What did you expect?
It would be very bad PR if you got told “git gud” :joy:

It is a L2P issue because a more skilled player will still play properly (be it even in mini-encounters in the bg) even if he’s only gearing or is after hks. That’s the reason we so often feel like their dmg is too high and they win merely by wiping the opponent - they have proper positioning, proper estimation of enemy’s cd’s, etc.

The day you get 40 alliance players doing what they are suppose to do, in a random team, is the day i will buy you a house, car, cat and boat…
Hell i’ll even buy you a friggin island of your own choice.

Its never gonna happen.
NEVER!

And its because non-french,german.russian players are pretty much more casual in their playstyle and do the BGs for fun.
Sure French,germans,russains do it for fun…but its “their” way of fun. Fun as in getting 1000 HK, camp GYs, camp chokepoints and stall out the BG for as long as they can.

Can we judge whos “fun” is the right one? No…but i sure as hekk know that facing those team in AV (or any other bg) isnt fun at all. So it ruins my experience…

And ofc these l2p comments from Russians are just “returded”
Imho they should have their ofc forum and get kicked the H out from these forums. Damn toxic players

1 Like

And this is ok?
Should you be forced to face those more skilled?
Skilled players will always win against not so skilled ones. Every damn time…
And ofc skilled players seek eachothers for teaming up and having their “fun”.

So what happens to we others? We who dont have those skills? Should we be forced to play against them anyway?
If we got to choose, we would not. And thats basically the answer right there.

Im not asking to get those leet players on my team. Im happy with people just as “skilled” as me, as long as it feels balanced somehow.

Personal rating.
Skilled ppl against skilled ppl
Noobs against noobs.

but thats not gonna happen cause its not e-sport friendly enough…

No we should not be forced. If you read one of my posts above, I said that we need a hidden MMR to match equally skilled players. Having a chance to win is IMO the best motivation.

1 Like

For me it simply is;
If I had too choose between a 1 hour unrated AV win and a 1 hour unrated AV loss I’ll choose for /afk and do something else
The rewards arent worth spending an hour on to get

This. What else can say here?
But Blizzard don’t care and ignore 257751835448 topics about it.

1 Like

German and french can be related to a lot of other languages in the EU and if you read it a couple of times or hear it you can understand it a little. cannot say that about Russian ^^