Every spec in the game should have its own Blizzard employee

Within the team responsible for class changes, tuning, balance and pruning/unpruning, there should be at least a main player for every single spec.
You can just tell that currently, among the people in charge for the big changes, nobody is a demonology main, a mistweaver main, a fury main.

I’m sure on these forums, there are players like me, who love a forgotten spec. You know the feeling: “it’s been quite a few years now, within this massive, extremely rich company, is there one single person who plays and understand my spec?!”
As a Mistweaver main, I know for sure the answer to that question and it saddens me deeply.

8 Likes

Yes I agree 100% and Im deeply shocked, disappointed and depressed that they dont have section like that. Over 9K employees and only few who apparently “dabble” with Classes once every 2 years. Like come on…

Blizzard has 16 buildings in their premises. Not even one room they can go and actually test their turds before putting them out into beta? Nobody takes any notes and pass them to programmers and vice versa? Unbelievable.

4 Likes

as if they are going to hire an experienced MIT software engineer graduate and pay him tens of thousands of dollars a month to work on balancing 1 spec.

You are asking too much from such a small company, they have only one guy working on PVP balancing and here you are asking for like 30 people - one for each spec? It’s not like we are paying them each month crazy amounts lf moneys…

Ion said it himself: “we’d rather you not play demonology”.

1 Like

why would they need to do that? they can literally hire people like Trill for WW, Andybrew for brew, Nahj/pikaboo/whazz for rogue, Cdew for holy paladin, Raiku for mage etc… as part time

just because those people are good at executing their rotation in pve/pvp doesnt mean they’re good theorycrafters

theorycrafting XDDDD the task is to fix boring/useless spells and make the classes viable, the theorycrafting you speak about is only about finetuning damage/healing/dm reduction.

Fury does a lot of damage but is completly useless in pvp.

I was joking, thought it was pretty clear. A company like Blizzard should have enough budget to hire multiple people per class but somehow it feels like all profits from WoW go somewhere else

Removing borrowed powers on the next expansion (they’ve been a point of contention for some time now) would be a start to better balancing specs/classes. It would also be one less thing for the servers to calculate.

Seems like a win/win to me if this would be done.

2 Likes

The issue is, it’s not all about balance and performance.
Mistweaver needs a complete redesign, with some spells removed, and a lot of delete spells from previous expansions brought back.
As it stands, it’s only a shell of its former self.

Can’t speak for demonology but I’m sure many demonology mains expect more than a simple increase to their damage output.

Shadow Priest was incredibly well designed in this time around. Shadow Priest was always scary to face as Fire Mage. Now I just shield myself, pop Combustion and watch them turn into shadowflame. Give me mana back and Evocation and make spells cost mana and give mana recovery tools and mechanics.

Classes are currently not fun to play. There was a shift few expansions back and I think it was about making classes simpler and encounters more complicated. This was a disaster overall. This game is an RPG and the focus should be the class.

They tried to make things interesting again but it was just not working. They either make the class frustrating to play or boring to play. They just have no clue what fun is … often forcing you to choose between two talents while it would have been perfectly fine to have both talents and the class would have been more fun to play.

This talent tree issue is an excellent example of how utterly incompetent the devs are. There are so many cases where having multiple talents (from the same row) would result in a more fun class. They basically sacrificed actual fun for something so abstract like “we want the talent tree to be impactful” … who cares how impactful the talent tree is? How can that be something more important than how fun is the class to play??? In wrath you had a couple of builds for every spec and you know WoLTK was a successful game, no one was quitting because they wanted “impactful” decisions in the talent tree.

The current devs are so clueless to how incompetent they are, that they are actually convinced that the problem is the players. And this makes sense, if they were aware of the mistakes they were making they would have fixed them. But instead of trying to figure out things, they just blame things on the players: “oh players aren’t that interested in wow anymore” or “yeah we should focus on other games cause we did all we can for wow!”.

2 Likes

Never played MW so couldn’t possibly comment on it.

Demonology should be renamed to “Demon Slinger” in its current form because it mostly feels like you’re throwing demons at your target to then do their own thing. I say this as someone who likes the theme of demonology but I also feel that Blizzard is missing the mark with its playstyle.

This happened during everybody’s favourite expansion: Legion.

Legion.
Dumbed down class design, borrowed power systems, AP grind, timegating.
It introduced all of these issues. Yet people love it, for some reason.

1 Like

#Everthinglouderthaneverythingelse!

I agree, while we’re at it we should also start using people instead of crash test dummies, because, naturally, you cant achieve anything meaningful through analysis and design, only direct experience matters.

Its amusing how you have no clue on how development process works :wink:

Raids are basically advanced target dummies.

The issue with that though; what if you don’t agree with that person’s view of the spec? They’ll straight out ruin it for you then.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.