Exile's Reach quest Re-Deather bug prevents progression

In Exile’s Reach, the quest Re-Deather:

Has a malfunctioning action bar. This prevents the player from achieving the objective but also prevents the player from leaving the vehicle. The player essentially is forced to fly around in circles indefinitely.

The fix is to /reload the interface and then the quest works fine. However, new players don’t know this solution and will forever be stuck at level 5, creating a massive leak at the start of WoW’s funnel for new subscribers. In other words, this bug is costing Blizzard money.

Hi there, Bisquiteen!

So that does sound like a bug, so please do report it:

Yours,

Arythwinn

Your solution is outdated. The bug report function redirects the user to the US forums.

Besides, this isn’t a bug that inconveniences me personally. It’s a leak in Blizzard’s marketing funnel that is bound to lead to a loss in revenue. Feel free to use this information as you want. My contribution ends here.

No it doesn’t. The bug reporting function is NOT
Technical Issues -> Report a bug.

Its a BIG BUTTON in the top left of the screen that has a picture of a BUG on it with the text “REPORT A BUG” below it.

If you look at the wowhead comments you’ll find that this bug prevents players from getting to the point where they have to subscribe to the game has been present for at least 7 months now. This isn’t something that annoys regular players, this is something that prevents new players from becoming paying customers.

A Blizzard employee has taken notice of the issue, that’s sufficient assurance for me.

I was commenting on your assertation that the report a bug redirects to the US forums, nothing more and not on the bug itself.

Forum staff do not collect bug reports, nor forward them to the developers. In short, bugs reported on the EU forums, never reach the developers unless they are also reported correctly in-game.

Then I’ll accept their loss on their behalf.