Expect UH Nerfs

An article detailing how strong our AOE is because of Scourge Strike and it’s relevant traits.

I would recommend farming 1H weapons for next tier (if you have time) because Frost might be the only decent DK DPS after the UH nerfs.

More likely they will put limitation on how meny FW you can pop or apply in 1 global and max stack number of Festermight insted of hard dps nerfs

Similar to what Enh shaman get in WoD with Fire Nova or Epidemic talent have now ( hit max 6 targets)

i dont mind a nerf to aoe as long as they buff single target damage, tahts a fair trade off. We are lacking single target damage really hard.

2 Likes

Just to clarify things here.

The article is explaining why unholy has such huge aoe potential, nothing that the vast majority will ever see. It’s not scourge strike, it’s how bursting sores works with it’s splash damage scaling exponentially rather than the linear scaling most other aoe has. Combined with the talents that allow you to apply wounds in an aoe application.

The setup involved in pulling that kind of dps is also going to be beyond what most groups can manage.

It was showcased rather openly at MDI, resulting in bursting sores being capped at 10 targets on ptr, which was reverted before the patch went live. So this is on blizzards radar, they are clearly aware of it. If something happens to make this a commonplace event, then yes I would expect heavy handed nerfs, but as it stands, I don’t see much happening.

any proof on claims that its scaling exponentially? do you actually know what that means?

Alright I mispoke, that’s somewhat besides the point though. Quadratic scaling rather.

Thanks for picking that one detail out though, good work.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.