Extreme Ingame Harassment

I am being constantly and consistently harassed by one vile individual in game. I’ve sent a ticket 2 weeks ago about this issue, and I’ve got a semi-robotic response how I should use the report function (which I did) and that they would look into it (but nothing has changed). I am now 2+ months being stalked and harassed by one person inside and outside of the game. I wish Blizzard would act upon my reports, because none of them work. I guess they need a certain amount of reports for them to do anything to that individual like warning or penalty. I would have my guild members report that person as well but I also heard rumors that if more people from the same guild report a person that they get punished instead, and that person goes free, but if I am the only one sending in a report every time this person arrives they do not act. How do i fix this? Can a proper CM step in and review my ticket from 2 weeks ago? Should I open a new ticket with even more proof?

Have you put the person on ignore after reporting them to prevent them from being able to contact you again? If someone is creating new characters to contact you, Blizzard should be able to help.

It would require a new ticket if things have escalated.

The player is from the opposing faction. And yes he is ignored but then goes on his horde character where I am to harass me. Blizzard did nothing about it. I even sent video proof.

If they are harrassing you outside of the game too, then its more of a matter for the Boys in Blue (Police).

LOL how do u meet in game? i never see the same people in retail. and btw cant u just fly away? or hop realm? or turn off pvp/wm? please explain how this guy is harrasing you :smiley:

If they are harrassing you badly, take a note of server time and date and what they did. If it’s ongoing like this, GMs can usually do something about it.
This is where you should make a ticket - https://eu.battle.net/support/en/help/product/wow/197/683/solution Make sure you mention it’s ongoing and every realm/date/time you can remember.

1 Like

I’d also like to reinforce this. If you are being harassed outside the game, then you should definitely speak to your local police force.

1 Like

I have sent a ticket exactly there, with proof, explanation, doctored videos and even more stuff that I can’t say here without naming and shaming, but all I got is “awewh well that sucks we will investiagte it meanwhile use the ingame report function!”

As a customer I feel completely ignored. That player should at least get a Blizzard email warning for what he is doing, yet I feel like my complaint has been thrown out in the trashcan.

Hi there,

So we absolutely understand your frustration, but we should note that we will not reveal investigations and potential action taken. We definitely recommend reporting harassment, though we are unable to accept logs and video, but please note the times and realms harassment occurred upon. If anything is occurring outside of Blizzard’s servers, you will indeed need to speak with the appropriate people to report this.

Yours,

Arythwinn

1 Like

Does having more people report the person during the time he is doing this help or will I and my guild members get banned instead for reporting harassment for “brigading”? How many reports are enough for the automated system to trigger and for this person to actually get punished? I am asking this because I have heard stories of people mass reporting an individual who was ruining their experience (on RP realms) only for that entire guild to be banned for 3 days. Coincidentally, reporting 1 person with 1 report (as shown) has had no effect on the issue which is occurring still even 2 weeks after the initial report.

Give me his name :slight_smile: i’ll do same thing to him with pleasure :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Thank you for your offer, but personally I’d rather Blizz did it’s job and that reports weren’t met with automated responses, even though I’ve given loads and loads of video proof. I just want them to warn the player that what he is doing is harassment and could be pubishable if continued.

I want to break the chain of bad behavior rather than prolong it. But if Blizzard doesn’t help me with this case and punishes the player harassing me in their game for months I guess I have no other choice but to “take the law into my own hands” and do the same idiotic ingame things to the person harassing me. I dont want to do it but they give me no other choice.

Another good thing would be if I could actually talk to an actual GM and further explain my problem to them rather than be met with robotic responses. The Live chat function has been disabled since Covid hit so I guess that’s a no as well.

Hi Sdfvegqc,

Game Masters are unable to assist in PVP disputes, even if you are being constantly ganked or corpse camped etc…

For any abuse outside of the game, please report to the relevant authorities.

thanks!