F for Forsaken. We had a good run guys

Yet another reason this game should have launched with a 3rd, “outcasts” faction. Throw in Blood Elves, Broken Draenei, etc. Mutual survival, no one trusts anyone, questionable ways… Ugh, perfect. I keep bringing this up but I can’t stop myself.

2 Likes

Id take random ghoul #96474 over calia

1 Like

Technically, the Forsaken don’t need new members. Especially by ressing the dead. If you played Warcraft 3: The Frozen Throne, the Forsaken actually viewed their situation as a curse. In Sylvanas’s story-line in WC3, you could not recruit or train any necromancers at all. For this exact reason. The Val’kyr actually ruined the Forsaken, and turned them into the next Scourge.

But there is a way for new members to be added to the Forsaken still. And that’s by the original method. There is still an unaccounted for number of mindless Scourge left. That’s the whole reason we even have Bolvar as The Jailor of the Damned still. Now they can start getting their minds back and joining the Horde/Forsaken, along with their dead Lordaronean companions. Just like in Classic.

Heck doing this will bring back the Forsaken’s original identity, instead of the mini-scourge they have going on now.

2 Likes

yet they still have a leader and even if both of them ended up crazy and ended by players there are still quite a few notible characters who could take their place.

Forsaken have no home and no leaders at least trolls got their home back before their leader got booted.

2 Likes

I don’t need pity from any alliance members especially night elves and more importantly Calia.
I want to own up to my evilness. Not join the Alliarde next patch, but finish what we started way back when.
Being undead is a curse indeed. No true Forsaken is going to support Calia for freely choosing this … no-life.

5 Likes

As much as I like Night Elves, I think in comparison with Forsaken their story currently is more promising.

Tyrande going rogue makes me worried though.

I feel like the core of the Forsaken changed as soon as sylvanas started raising people by the mass against there will.

As for attempting to turn the Forsaken into some sort of free bad for them poor undead aw they need someone to guide them, they souls who need help.

Caila will save them!

That part is a joke to me given what was going on in undercity, And I can already see everything will simply be blamed on slyvanas as they move forward.

It depends on what the angle is.

The conundrum is who The Forsaken are in terms of identity.

They’re sort of stuck between being Frankenstein’s monsters and their old human selves.

So can they attone for their past deeds and find their humanity again, or have they truly forsaken who they once were? I think Before the Storm also played with that question a bit.

And Calia being a kind soul and a Priest and of The Light, seems like the ideal character to steer The Forsaken in a different path than Sylvannas took them. A more redeemed path, perhaps. Blizzard are suckers for a good redemption story. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Why is everyone aside the actual Forsaken players hell bent on redeeming us? I don’t want redemption. I like playing a crazed undead monster who EATS PEOPLE. I don’t want to be fixed. I like playing what I’ve always played. A FORSAKEN.

8 Likes

I liked the hypocrisy of the Forsaken. At first they were in this on a quest for revenge against the Lich King. They got it, and many figured that hey, they don’t want to die. That’s what the world expects them to do, right? But they’re people!

Sylvanas gets the Val’kyr and goes on this slippery slope of “wellp, sure, we’re raising the dead, but if they don’t want to join use they don’t have to” and that brings up this debate to the forefront like “uhhhh why are you making more of these guys?” and suddenly being Forsaken is something worth defending for them.

… and then BfA happened.

4 Likes

Maybe you’ll have that choice too, who knows?

But so far the Forsaken have simply done Sylvannas’ bidding, because it was her bidding.

Now Sylvannas is gone, so The Forsaken inevitably have to figure out who they are and what their purpose is, now that they’re no longer the extended arm of Sylvannas.

I think Blizzard will sneak Calia in there in a redeemed story arc ala the Deathknights, but who knows, we’ll see. :slight_smile:

1 Like

My main issue with this is that this might go through the bad route of humanizing the Forsaken. Whatever it is that happens when you die, if you’re brought back with necromancy it messes you up. If the Light starts interfering with all this, the Alliance will get another race of boo hoo poor good people with ugly burden to bear.

1 Like

Hope it’s better than the Sylvanas loyalist choice cause I got screwed on that one (by crap writing).

And while Forsaken have been loyal to Sylvanas, cause, you know, she turned them into a superpower, it’s shown across the game and written in the Before the Storm novel that some Forsaken become evil after their transition to undeath and many become cold and indifferent towards things they might have valued when they still had a pulse.

And Sylvanas might have gone but how devoid of personality do Forsaken have to become to just change out of the blue. I get it that some people have a thing for blaming Sylvanas for everything, but as far as the lore goes, the Forsaken are, in the majority, quite evil and hateful. It’s part of the race fantasy. I really hope they don’t screw us over on this one too.

But yeah, I don’t disagree. Blizz shoehorned Anduin in the Horde rebellion, so anything is possible at this point.

1 Like

hopefully there’s a new faction in the next expansion where i can play as an evil zombie in peace

3 Likes

wAiT fOr ThE tWiSt

2 Likes

I’m not sure if The Forsaken needs to be humanised per se, but there’s obviously a gameplay concern here to keep in mind.
Like all the other races, then The Forsaken needs to have a desire to also complete quests for NPCs and kill the evil raid bosses in the next expansion to help save the world…or whatever it is we’re going to do.

Gameplay-wise it doesn’t work if all the races are trying to be heroes, except The Forsaken, they just want to eat everyone’s brainzzzz. :exploding_head:

I think Blizzard have enough lore tools to work with to change The Forsaken pretty substantially if they want to.
I mean, Calia is basically Light-infused. Shouldn’t be too difficult to turn all those Undead into Lightforged Undead. I mean, the Naaru could do it on a Nathrezim…
Likewise, the Blood Elves went from being high on fel magic to being redeemed by the Holy Light.
I foresee a cosmetic option to change eye color for The Forsaken in the near future. Maybe. :upside_down_face:

But we’ll see. It depends where Blizzard wants to take the story. Personally I quite like it, it’s exciting to see things evolve and go new places.

And most people think that Lightforged Undead are dumb. At that point we’ve just seen after Xe’ra that it’s essentially handing the leash to a new tyrant.

3 Likes

I haven’t personally conducted any polls on the matter. I’m just saying that The Forsaken can change in many ways without ending up as “humans”. Blizzard have plenty of creative options to work with.

I do think they will have some identity change as a result of this, similar to how the Night Elves aren’t exactly the same Night Elves now that Teldrassil is gone. They’re shaped by the events that affect them. And The Forsaken have lost Undercity and Sylvannas, so they obviously can’t go back to how things used to be, because that’s all gone.

But we’ll have to wait and see what the future brings. I’m quite excited for it.

And they won’t, sadly. This expansion is a living testament to it. They’ll go for the simplest, most obvious direction and deny it until the end.

1 Like

It’s not a question of can. I mean no offense, but you are playing a race that is a testament to how Blizz can pull anything out of their bums. They can do pretty much whatever they want. It’s a question if they should and I’m saying as someone who enjoys playing as a Forsaken, that they shouldn’t.

2 Likes