Faction change - Allied race - DK - 8.3

Hi,

I know allied races are coming in use for Death Knights in patch 8.3. However, I was wondering, that if I unlock Mag’har orcs as a playable race before that, and then I change faction (paid) with my DK from Alliance to Horde, can I choose Mag’har orc for my DK in situation like this? I guess this is okay, but I am not actually 100% sure how allied races works, because I am returning player and I am not familiar with all the current stuff.

I would assume you should be able to choose the Mag’har orcs as long as you have fully unlocked (rep and quest) as well as pre purchased the expansion.

1 Like

Hi there Tuoni!

As you mentioned, you should be able to Faction Change into an Allied race with your Death Knight when the patch 8.3 arrives. But as Coniferus said, you will need to have previously unlocked the race with another high level character on that Faction.

Cheers!

2 Likes

Thank you both for your reply.

@Coniferus Yes my intend is to buy Complete Collection Heroic Edition.

@Andorilisia I have planned to use the level 120 boost for a totally new horde character, which I will use to unlock the Mag’Har Orcs. After that I will change faction with my level 110 DK.