Faction transfer and paragon chests/rep

Faction changing to Horde, and I have a question about paragon chests and reputation.

I have saved up 6 paragon chests that i have in my bags, and gathered enough reputation for another 6 chests wating to collect as soon as 8.2 is released.

Will these chests be changed over to the horde equivalent, or still be abled to open at a later date when 8.2 hits, and will the gathered reputation stay as it is? I have 19.999 rep with the 7th Legion. Will this equal to 19.999 for the Honorbound when i transfer?

Seems like the quest turn in will reset if not claimed but the existing cache in your bank/bag will stay remain the same

"The Paragon cache itself is awarded by a quest, that is tracked in your reputation window. When you faction change that quest is abandoned, the Paragon reputation isn’t converted to the equivalent reputation.

Your current status with the reputation, up to the current cap, will convert to the faction equivalent. The extra towards the Paragon cap shouldn’t."

Thank you for the reply :slight_smile: I took a chance and transferred, and as you said I did keep my paragon chests. They are still labled as the Alliance factions, but hopefully that will not matter when I open them with the patch. I did lose 10k rep from each faction though. So with the 7th legion that i had 19.999, i now have 9999 paragon rep with. And one of the others that i had 13k with, i retained 3k and so on.

You’re welcome !

You have a lot of time to get those 10k rep, which should be faster this week with the rep bonus. you’re also most likely going to be “forced” to open them because you reached 19999 sooner than the 8.2 going live (and thats still a gold loss).

good luck :hugs:

1 Like