Please reply to this thread with your feedback on anything you encountered in the Magtheridon raid test that began on April 15.

Thank you!

2 Likes

This happened twice now, we interrupt the Blast Nova, recasts (and no we are not messing up here.) It might be related to transitioning to phase 3 as he casts blast nova that breaks it? Not sure.

Rest seemed to work fine, I legit can’t remember if his timers were cooldown timers or accurate timers so ya.

edit: checked worldfirst footage from back then and watched some streams, phase 3 resets the cast and this is not intended.

3 Likes

please revert the hp back to 8+ million, fight was already too easy and you nerf it by half, what a joke

well coordinated groups had no problem with the fight while wearing subpar gear thats far from even PRERAID bis

28 Likes

Magtheridon drops Magtheridon’s Head which shouldn’t be in the game before Black Temple patch. In 2.1 patch notes:

Magtheridon and Kael’thas now drop items that may be turned in for rewards.

Works quite fine. HP was quite ridiculous initial. No Mag should not have more HP then Brutallus

High damage, high degree of coordination required. Nothing seems broken except perhaps some Blast Nova timings.

Felt like a proper boss to fight and kill. Good job here unlike Karazhan.

Should just keep it as a drop because frankly guilds aren’t going to do Maggy once 2.1 comes out. Hell given the current content pacing the only boss people are likely to do over and over once T5 is out will be Gruul for DST.

A few millions here and there won’t make a difference when the fight is trivial – and should be, since it’s the first raid tier of TBC. The extra health pool the boss spawned with only increased the duration of a tank and spank fight for no purpose whatsoever.

The boss itself felt good like CĂłstin pointed out. Pathing of the rain of fire when dealing with the humanoid packs before the boss room was quite vague, especially in the angled ramps. Given the two-shot damage the rain does, I was hoping for some visual improvements there to mark the area.

Also it was great to note how fast devs and Blizzard reps responded to the community feedback both when creating the pre-geared characters and playing them inbetween the raid tests.

Overall both Gruul and Maggy felt well thought but slightly lacking whereas Kara was completely under tuned. I’m not comparing only to the successful private servers but also to the HC dungeons in TBC beta. A random crab in Slave Pens HC hits harder than any of the bosses in T4 content. And there are five of those crabs in a single pack.

Since we’ve come to #somechanges from #nochanges, I’d guess people wanted you guys at Blizzard to balance the raid difficulty to match basic player development and raid coordination we have had during the last 15 years.

The heroic dungeons feel great since they offer some unforgiving encounters but with this raid difficulty there won’t be anything to do in TBC Classic phase 1 after a mere couple of days. Outside of mindless reputation farming in heroics for gear you don’t need for anything.

Cheers!

1 Like

Felt better with the higher 8m+ health pool.

Blizzard should consider increasing health pools and damage for the earlier raid tier bosses. Keep in mind that players originally faced these encounters with 2.0 talents and 2.0 gear itemisation. Where as on Classic TBC the overall player power will be much higher with 2.4 talents and itemisation, before you even consider the advanced knowledge of gearing and tactics.

If you keep all the prenerf values the same as 2.0 launch then it will not give an authentic experience, players are so much stronger now in many different ways.

27 Likes

Felt better with the higher 8m+ health pool.

Blizzard should consider increasing health pools and damage for the earlier raid tier bosses. Keep in mind that players originally faced these encounters with 2.0 talents and 2.0 gear itemisation. Where as on Classic TBC the overall player power will be much higher with 2.4 talents and itemisation, before you even consider the advanced knowledge of gearing and tactics.

If you keep all the prenerf values the same as 2.0 launch then it will not give an authentic experience, players are so much stronger now in many different ways.

this so much, same thing happened in classic where player character power was buffed to ridiculous levels with items like savage gladiator chain being in the game since p1, having buffed pvp sets etc, and then on top of all that the classic raids released with nerfs enabled.

like how do you justify buffing player power so much and not buff the content.

having 3min debuff on the clicking is nice and all but pointless if the boss just dies before even the second group of clickers need to click.

my classic guild, having NEVER wiped in aq40 or naxx while clearing them every reset since they launched has NEVER seen ouro burrow or heigan dance or noth teleport or anubrekhans locust swarm(literally had to google this one since i didnt know the name), never seen gluth decimate, seriously i could go on and on with examples like these

please revert the hp nerf

13 Likes

Leaving aside Kara/Gruul undertune or not (this topic is for Magtheridon), need to ask:

Mind Exhaustion debuff is correct at 3min? From patch notes:

[Patch 2.4.0] (25-Mar-2008): Many gameplay elements of the encounters in Magtheridon’s Lair have been changed to decrease their overall complexity and difficulty.

Mind Exhaustion debuff was reduced to 30 seconds from 90. Channelers will now only have one infernal active maximum.

The quality is not too good, but on the old videos I managed to find I only see “2min” debuff (90sec but shows as 2min and moving to a <59sec count after 30sec) or 30sec that is the 2.4 nerf.

I navigated around all patch notes and didn’t find anywhere when they changed from 3min to 90sec.

And personally I think maintain the bag and the head in the loot tables is fine as CĂłstin said.

That’s stupid. There isn’t a mechanic on Brutallus where he take 300% more damage.

Magtheridon’s HP pool should be back to 8 Million. Every boss should be at Pre-nerf Hp and Pool or the game gonna be a blast like classic, that’s mean, boring PVE.

Also, in our kill, Magtheridon casted Blasted Nova after shatter at 30%, we banished him and after banish, he casted Blasted Nova again, with no CD but we just killed him before he finished the cast.

Also, we found that Conflagrate, floor patches, were mostly resisted, only a few ticks makes damage.

For a challenger encounter, HP should be back at 8M so you need a good coordination with cubes, because there are no more mechanics in this boss.

Magtheridon never had over 8 million hp in TBC, so we are getting the pre-nerf values. During the testing he got hotfixed to his original TBC health.

1 Like