Feedback on Pathfinder Achievement

Hi,

First of all I wanted to thank Blizzard for making such a great game, I have been solidly playing it for over a year.

I know this suggestion would be a bit unpopular regarding the pathfinder achievement, and its future in subsequent expansions. I really like the fact that we don’t have flying from the start of an expansion, and I have no problem with having to work for getting flying. As of such, I am really happy that flying is available for Kul Tiras and Zandalar, but am a bit less happy about having flying in Nazjatar and Mechagon be unlocked at the same time. I spent the first couple of weeks of 8.2 unlocking flying, and after that I spent the next 5 months in the brand new zones, that are the focus of the current patch, on a flying mount. And flying completely changes how you interact with the world. Mobs on my path, I just fly over them. For zones that are “old news” it’s all for the best. But I feel that I have not experienced the new zones on the ground much. So my “unpopular” idea would be to stagger/timegate the rewards of flying unlock in future expansions. For instance, in the context of BFA, it would have been that pathfinder part 2 would have unlocked flying in KT/Zandalar as soon as you could get it, but flying for Naz and Mechagon would have been unlocked in a later update (8.3 or even 8.2.5) - requiring the same achievement. So I don’t know what your plans are for Shadowlands, if we are getting new zones in it later on or whatnot, but I am just putting this idea out here for discussion.

Obviously such an idea would have its detractors, and I am fine with it, but I prefer putting it out here rather than keeping it in my head.

I think what they did in 8.2 was fine, it took most people up to a month to unlock flying, so there was adequate time to explore the zones on foot (remember, these zones are not as big, so traveling by land gets more boring quickly). On top of that, Nazjatar specifically was designed in a way that made traveling it by foot extremely annoying, so I would not have wanted it to stay that way for months.

I think I’m fine with no-flying periods, however I am not a fan of having that period be 10 months long. When an expansion releases, there should be no flying for the first 2-3 months, but after that flying should become unlockable. As new zones come out, introduce another achievement for them and so it will take a month or two to unlock flying in them as well. But being forced to move on land for almost a year is extremely boring and makes the WQ’s more of a chore than what they already are.

1 Like

Here’s an off the wall idea, but I’ll run it past you anyway. How about you ride around on your ground mount until you feel you’ve “experienced” the content enough, and let other people decide for themselves what they’d like to do?

Crazy, I know.

You are actually capable of doing all these things without Blizzard mandating it and deciding for all of us. :roll_eyes:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.