Come help us test the Warband feature on your favorite characters! We want to test how character info on multiple characters merge when it becomes account wide.

This is how the testing will work:

• June 12 – The PTR realms for The War Within Pre-Expansion update (11.0.1) will become available to copy characters only. We will ask that you copy as many characters as you like to the PTR, especially multiple characters that you have played a lot will be particularly helpful for this test.
  • June 19 – We will run the conversion and open the servers for logging in.

Please be patient. The Warband conversion may take some time:

• Your account may take several minutes to gather and convert all characters on first log in.
  • Not-yet-implemented: There will be a dialog letting you know your characters are being added to a Warband.

When we open the servers for log-in on June 19, please reply to this thread and let us know your feedback, along with the answers to the following questions:

• For any achievements that are newly account wide, did they combine correctly across your characters?
  • Did your Dragonflight reputation progress combine correctly (furthest progress on any character)?
  • Do you have flight paths from all your merged characters?

You know your character and accounts best, let us know of any problems you see! We will run future tests as needed. Please note that any characters copied after the test will not be accumulated into your Warband until a future date.

Known Issues

• Copied characters will be missing Dragonflight reputations, any flight points, and certain existing achievement progress.
  • Item Sort and Cleanup does not work as expected in all cases.
  • Dragonflight reputations will disappear in the reputation tab when logging out.
  • Appearance acquisitions are sometimes listed twice in chat.
  • Deposit All Warbound Items deposits more than Warbound items.
  • Deposit All Warband Items pulls items from Character bank.
  • Some reagents cannot be used from the Warbands bank.
  • Items cannot be swapped in the account-wide bank.
  • Players cannot purchase account-wide bank tabs with money stored in the account-wide bank.

The War Within Pre-Expansion PTR is now available to begin the Warband Conversion test. The servers will open up for logging in to test the War Within Pre-expansion content on June 17.

Are we meant to only be able to copy over characters (but not log onto those characters) to the pre-patch PTR servers? Then log in on the 17th to see if the reputation, etc, is there?

EDIT: Should we also copy our account data, as well?

Hello everyone. We’ve ran into some hiccups the Warband conversion and have to push the PTR testing date an extra day to June 18. We’ll be sure to keep you posted if anything changes.

Please continue to keep copying your characters until June 18 in the meantime. Thank you!

1 Like

My feedback for this feature would be to allow you to do delves with your warband. Right now I don’t see anything that warrants calling the “feature” Warbands or even calling it a new feature at all. All it’s doing is increasing the things that are account-wide - a feature that we already have.

Imagine instead if you could have your alts do content with you as NPCs. You’d have a reason to gear them up, do their transmog etc. and it would make you feel more like your characters are their own individual and part of a party (or warband) of adventures.

1 Like

My feedback for this feature would be, you get Mistwalker title for all your characters (the archievement for being top 1 timer in any cm in pandaria) but you are not able to buy CM set with any other character even when the CM conqueror gold say Earned by your warband.

Is that intended or just a bug?

You don’t get also things like teleports to the dungeons even when it’s the same situation than with CM Conqueror gold archievement.

That happens if you log into a PTR realm on the Beta client (or vice versa)

As both clients are on the same version currently they are interchangeable and the server’s don’t seem to care if you sue the “wrong” one.

They also seem to share the same “memory” of what realm you were on last so you need to manually change the realm selection whenever you switch between them.

well when the ptr tww prepatch server will be live anyone know , and i mean so we be able to enter world not only copy characters?

1 Like

Do you said only real release time when we get old reputations as account wide from warband?

Since I checked in PTR and copied a bit alts. I dont see it…
I would understand it’s PTR is undone game

Hello testers.

The War Within Pre-Expansion PTR is now live and ready for testing! Please keep the following in mind upon logging in:

Please be patient. The Warband conversion may take some time:

• Your account may take several minutes to gather and convert all characters on first log in.
  • Not-yet-implemented: There will be a dialog letting you know your characters are being added to a Warband.

When we open the servers for log-in on 19 June, please reply to this thread and let us know your feedback, along with the answers to the following questions:

• For any achievements that are newly account wide, did they combine correctly across your characters?
  • Did your Dragonflight reputation progress combine correctly (furthest progress on any character)?
  • Do you have flight paths from all your merged characters?
1 Like

Finally waiting this now 2 extra days

• Im not certain about all achievements but many only got unlocked after logging through multiple characters. If I understood correctly that wasn’t supposed to be necessary. Im not copying 50 characters to the PTR to log through them all to test achievments :slight_smile:

• Loam Niffen, Soridormi and Cobalt Assembly aren’t maxxed (they should be). Dreamwardens and Azerothian Archivists are missing completely.

• I have no flight paths on the Dragon Isles whatsoever

• Characters that have raided in Season 4 seems to have full Postbox with Echoed Ephemera.

• Character specific Teleports are now available on all characters, is this intended?

• Receiving Completion of Heroic clear or Season 4 completion (2000 score) on character that dose not meet the criteria and also receiving the Mark of Mastery for that season. Is this Intended?

• Can add items to the Warbank but not take them out.

• This character doesn’t have the title “Grand Marshal” but it has the achievement. The same issue for my hunter and mage from vanilla where they both have their respective achievements Private and Sergeant, but not their titles.
1 Like

I just copied over my 5-6 oldest character (my Vanilla main, TBC main, Wotlk->Now main as well as a bunch of other chars) and then logged into the character I’ve been collecting and calling my main for years.

This character has 19k+ Achievement Points on Retail (Nra - Ravencrest) but on PTR it only has 15k.

This as just an initial test makes me super paranoid and feeling like I will have to assert every achievement, transmog, toy etc etc…

For reference to look into it - character on PTR is “Nra - Fyrrak”