Feels like our horde pc is actually insane

Hello Everyone.

I brought this topic from the Us story forums:
https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/feels-like-our-horde-pc-is-actually-insane/178808

Edgyjojomeme 11 Troll Mage
"The whole xal’atath questline, following basically N’zoth orders… And then bring the dagger to Sylvanas… And she actually wants to use it agaisnt Alliance. I mean, i’ll support her to the beyond, but for player that side with Saurfang it feels even like deeper insanity.

Well, all hail our lord and saviour N’zoth, i guess."
8 upvotes

But the main reason why I brought this discussion here is this comment:
Cailias 113 Undead Warlock
"This is what happens when you write events to suit the plot, rather than to suit consistency"
34 upvotes

Sounds familiar ?

Also:
Dellanotte 120 Nightborne Hunter
"Being a writer myself it has been painful to watch this train wreck continue. The ENGINE is somehow still on the tracks, plowing on at full steam, dragging its derailed storyline alone, demolishing itself car by car, smashing one passenger car of storyboards into another another, sending little shreds of plot detail flying like so much blood and gore. I keep thinking the engine has to run out of steam at some point, but it never does, it keeps write on going, with the writing team hanging off the whistle cord, screaming into the night like a cadre of demons.

Make it stop… Please, make it stop!"
29 upvotes

Grandblade 120 Human Paladin
“The Horde player character has been flip flopping between the honor narrative and the practicality narrative every since the prepatch, yet when it comes time in the story for an actual, meaningful choice - give the blade to Sylvanas or don’t - you don’t get one. The Horde player character comes off like a schizophrenic.”
15 upvotes

Moonweaver 11 Night elf Druid
“I just pictured the heresy of playing full honor choice but still giving the dagger to Sylvanas. They really didn’t think much about consistency here.
6 upvotes

So the Honorable Horde player will deliver, the blade to Sylvanas …
Where was my choice exactly ?

Edgyjojomeme 11 Troll Mage
“we’re basically serving N’zoth at this point. No question asked.”
5 upvotes

Yea …
For the Hor … sorry, N’zoth !

Edit:
This one is for Halasibel:
Oriphaar 120 Lightforged Draenei Mage
"All of the PCs are insane.

Imagine playing a human and not 'human potential’ing the Horde out of existence.
Imagine playing a kal’dorei and accepting mildly annoying Nathanos as revenge for Teldrassil.
Imagine playing a draenei/LF and forgetting that the Vindicaar exists.
Imagine if you still weren’t able to be taken seriously because your racial leader wants to punch dinosaurs like a kung fu panda instead of do anything important.

I’ve got a better one though. Imagine if Blizzard was actually able to write the PC coherently."

Whats your opinion ?

Thanks for your attention.
Cheers.

6 Likes

I am the greatest N’zoth fan you can find. So hail N’zoth! Who needs the horde anyways when you can just dominate the world instead. Our leaders minus sylvanas are total pansies.

3 Likes

Imagine playing a Kul Tiran and helping Thrall liberate Cairne’s son. Daelin’s legacy be damned, right?

1 Like

Well, there is only one thing left to say.
/HONK HONK

FTFY

1 Like

The only logical way is to pick and choose where your character has been.

For example my Troll Druid after Legion went to Silithus (because most Horde Druids and Earthen Ring was sent there by Sylvanas) to try and heal the wound. He wasn’t present during the War of Thorns. And so on.

Just play through it to see the story, not to roleplay through it.

Insanity vs. Cowardice…

i feel so heroic and responsible.

10 Likes

From the very beginning of my journey I have slaughtered villages for a new pair of shoes, kidnapped babies to terrorize and blackmail the parents, tortured people and exploited animals endlessly for spare change. But

this

is what makes you feel insane?

2 Likes

There should always be a red line telling you are going too far.

• Arthas was the prince of Lordaeron, but he crossed the line when he decided to purge Stratholme and suspend Uther, when he should had listened to him.
    Hey but it’s war right ? Let’s purge everyone.

• Sylvana crossed the line only the gods know when, to the point of no return.
    But hey it’s war right ? Death to the living !

• Sargeras lost his mind with the insanity the Void Lords were spreading in the galaxy, he decided to kill everything.
    That’s how the Burning crusade was born.
    All universe is chaotic, let’s purge everything, kill everyone, after all this is war right ?

One thing I identify with the Honourable Horde and Saurfang is this: there should always be a red line, once you crossed it you went too far, too bad that Sylvanas is beyond redemption now …

But hey, this is war, let’s be insane and slaughter each other out, women and children included and sacrifice their souls to the old gods after all this is a game right ?

End of sarcasm.

Have a nice day.

4 Likes

Well on the bright side, as Zandalari you aren’t exactly a Horde member so what happens to Horde isn’t axactly a Zandalari concern- you’re a separate faction with Talanji as a leader. It’s the lore for their faction alone that matters, so I don’t think that they’re participating ICly in Horde war campaign.

Zandalari so far aren’t insane or cowardly, but I don’t know for long.

1 Like

Shows how much you know the lore.

The PC is a murderhobo - we did absolutely atrocious things in quests, serving an old god is nothing out of character.

1 Like

Imagine playing a Zandalari and working with Jaina

7 Likes

I don’t see a problem here. The dialog says to you that you’re kinda mindcontroled, so you don’t decide it by yourself, no, N’zoth or Xal’atath do it. Jeez did nobody of you ever played a Priest :stuck_out_tongue:

Cairne seems to have saved Derek from Sypvanas’ torment?

Thank you! That’s the real problem in this plot!

2 Likes

Pick peace!

Or alternatively have all those mass murderers out there kill each other in a faction war.

1 Like

So what? Did I say that only the Alliance had that problem?

1 Like

Fat human, this Cow just saved your Undead Prince from the Banshee and was imprisoned for it. And you’re disappointed?

1 Like

He still has a point though, I think the upcoming scenario doesn’t work for allot of people, Alliance or Horde.

Disregarding Baine, Saurfang is complicit in allot of crimes against the Human Kingdoms, and It’s really not that far fetched that there is allot of resentment towards Thrall too, part of that for him and Saurfang just being what they are.

It’s only logical.

2 Likes

Saurfang maybe. But Thrall? I don’t think that anyone is dare to judge him after he leaves the Horde and saved the World.

Yes, even Thrall, like i said, if only in part because he is an orc.
To boot, when he rescued his people from the internment camps and stole the ships to sail off to Kalimdor, he also, unwillingly, left allot of orphans and widows in his wake.
It’s never that black and white, and in my opinion, it really shouldn’t be, either, that is what morally grey is, he did the right thing in the end, but it cost others their loved ones too.
That’s why I can see how for some Human players it’s hard to stomach that story line, it’s not as evident as the Zandalari or the Forsaken teaming up with Jaina Proudmoore, but it’s still an issue.

He wouldn’t have saved anything if it wasn’t for an Alliance gunship. We owe him nothing.

Glad to see you are in the villain role.

If Activision Blizzard wanted the Horde to be a villain faction, Saurfang wouldn’t had rebelled neither Thrall would had come back.
We would not had 3 Saurfang CGI cinematic.
Sylvanas would stay as Warchief.

Enjoy your redemption.
When you come and complain I will remember you that you gladly took the villain role.

Cheers.

1 Like