Feing Death do not drops combat in 50% time

This should never be an issue as there is no global cooldown between FD and trap. Both abilities should be resolved in the same instant, thus there should be no way to put any action between those to put you back in combat. And this is how it worked back in the days.

Troll, or ignorant about hunter mechanics.

1 Like

If an enemy resists feign death it will not drop combat. owo

Troll or ignorant

The hunter loses all aggro, which causes the enemy to stop attacking them and either flee back to its “territory”, attack the hunter’s pet, or attack whomever has the next highest threat. This skill is not always successful because nearby enemies do have a chance based on your relative level to resist this effect.

If it is putting them out of combat in a pvp scenario then yes it’s a bug but otherwise I’m not seeing an issue…

The hunter loses all aggro, which causes the enemy to stop attacking them and either flee back to its “territory”, attack the hunter’s pet, or attack whomever has the next highest threat. This skill is not always successful because nearby enemies do have a chance based on your relative level to resist this effect.

0_0

2 Likes

Not all bugs are bugs.

https://eu.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/wow-classic-not-a-bug-list/50941/8

Now open your link and tell me if you see anything like: “Feing Death not implemented dummy ability that does nothing. This is consistent with reference client.”

Edit: in fact, there is no mention of FD in this list.

Actually I have every class and race in wow so know what I’m talking about. Plus been playing since 2005. I like to educate those who know nothing about their class as it was back in the little brown box days. :grin:

Feign death is not a 100% skill. Some Mobs can see through it. Just like stealth for a Rogue.

your reaction is beautiful, I love it.

OK I’ll test it out I’ll roll a hunter watch this space.

I got like, 20% baited. So gz I guess :smiley:

Mobs just ignore it and keep attacking even when not resisted. PvP usage, which should never be resisted, does not drop combat for even a single server tick.

Its imposible to react, FD+trap is almost insta trap spell, i know what you talking about, but problem is FD doesnt drop combat, idk whats your problem guys and how cant u listen what we talking about xD. Feing Death = Bugged = Doesnt drop combat in most of cases, before it was safe combat trap macro now it doesnt works = Bugged + need to be fixed, lol i know now with what kind of people BLizzard works 15 years, bro 2+2=4 not 5.

1 Like

Goinggnome you need to read the full comments on the threads you are replying to regarding this issue, you are talking about different things, we understand resists, and believe it or now we also understand players will be able to spot FD and retarget, a lot of us are talking about combat dropping in pvp

1 Like

It’s funny how some people would think I would go to the extent of writing a forum post if I had not checked if the enemy PvE or PvP resisted the spell.

I’m not talking about resists I’m talking about mobs same or lower LvL than me releasing but not taking me out of combat for 5-6 seconds until they return to their spawn place(the FD has not been resisted at all). Pet was not active at all while I did it.

In PvP also there was no “out of combat” to place a trap after using Freezing Trap(pet is on passive) before the player kept hitting me(not resisted the FD).

2 Likes

I think most of us are agreeing with you!

1 Like

After a lot of experimenting I’m now using this macro.
You have to spam it to make it work.
It works as a normal freezing trap while out of combat and as a fd/trap combo while in combat. It works for me.

#showtooltip Freezing trap
/dismount
/stopcasting
/stopcasting
/cast [combat] Feign Death
/petpassive
/cast Freezing Trap

1 Like

Hunters are in very bad position atm

3 Likes

i have already re-rolled and waiting for hunters to be fixed before even loging back on my hunter.

sad times

1 Like

Goinggnome
Not sure if you’re serious… the complaint is this… traps from a hunter can only be used out of combat but feign death! ( As well as ‘tricking’ mobs) used to drop combat, combat as in the actual state of your character , in combat or not, so whether a player carried on attacking you or not that split second would drop you from combat so you can place a trap, this is what seems to be not working properly