Female monks?

They are saying to use other source than wiki because every homework looks the same :rofl:

So every homework would be correct then. At least the kid is learning by reading from wikia, that’s all that should matter.

You thinking I’m being serious with this wikipedia stuff makes it even more funny. Clearly you’re the boomer

Apache Monk :helicopter:

No, I’m not nearly old enough to be a boomer.
Besides, Uno reverse cards don’t really work that way, chief :smirk:

1 Like

People can say whatever they want, dictionaries can indeed confirm that monk is a male-destined title. And if you change WoW’s language to French for instance, you’ll see that the class name is adapted to the gender of the character.

Yes pandarian nuns! that would be epic.

because they want their student’s work to be needlessly more complicated since literally everything they research would be very fast and reliable using wikipedia

Old news
10char

I would invite few nuns to my dungeon run ^^

Ack nooo, you don’t call wee lasses nun’s noow.

This is what dwarves say when they run out of booze. I got nun.

Religion wise, you are completely right.

However the Monks in WoW are not based around a certain religion as in real life. & it would be a bit strange to have a class called “Nun”.

The Monks that we play as in WoW are based around Martial Arts & not the religion itself.

& if you were to Google it, it says that “Budda originally ordained women as nuns” However, at this moment there are plenty of female monks! & I’m certain that some people may get offended if we had a class based around Nuns.

Typically Nuns go to church, stay at the house meanwhile the Monks are doing Martial Arts & providing the family with food, etc. So there wouldn’t really be anything interesting to base the class around within the World of Warcraft if we they were to add such a class!

What next, do we break the Warlock Class into Warlocks and Witches?

The word Monk doesn’t mean Monks in brown robes, with a tonsure, living a monastic lifestyle. That’s just one denomination of one religion’s take on an idea that is pretty widespread. You can have female monks, especially in those cultures that had monks long before that Johnny Come Lately Christianity pinched the name. Nuns and Monks are entirely different things anyway, they’re not simply male and female versions of the same thing.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.