Female night elf have blue eyes why now?

They have been white always and now they are blue. Atleast give us the option to change back to white? The new eyes are otherwise awesome, I like the glow removal.

7 Likes

They changed all eye glow effects in this patch, why? Not to sure, but it happened to everyone relevant with eye glows.

I’m not talking about the glow effect but rather the colour of it. Female nelves used to have white eyes, not blue eyes. :frowning:

They did not change it. They just have removed it. But according to Lore, Night Elves must have it!!!

Blizzard, that is a bug, or just another punch to Night Elves fans?

5 Likes

“My team believes that continuity exists to enhance a story, not to tie the hands of creators” - Sean Copeland, Historian Supervisor.

Cheers.

2 Likes

I do have a solution to that problem…

Do you have a moment to talk of our Lord and Savior Illidan ?

10 Likes

x_x <- ? Noooo!

3 Likes

What is your opinion on gaging out one’s eyes ?

1 Like

The most ugly part is that eyes now seems to be smaller. Males looks pretty ugly.

4 Likes

True, they look tiny af. The colour is okay for them atleast but they definitely look like they shrunk. I really hope they are intending to make us be able to change eyecolours later, else this is really bad.

3 Likes

Finally elfs with blue eyes in alliance xDD Damn you blizzard.

3 Likes

They aren’t blue. They’re white.

What you see as blue is in fact just the employment of shadows to make them not look like solid blobs. They can either use graduation into grey or another colour, depending on the aesthetic they want.

Blue gives it more of a candescent glow look. They most certainly aren’t blue and it could well be a common mistake in people having their screens set far to cold.

Effectively all Blizzard have done is remove that awful headlamp effect that belongs in the Ps1 era.

11 Likes

What is an indicator of a bad joke? It’s when you have to explain it after.
The same with design! Blizzard made a pretty bad work!

1 Like

So they removed an old effect and replaced it with an even older effect, bravo :stuck_out_tongue:
Simply glowing textures are older than directional 32bit alpha transparent faces.

Don’t listen to dogs! I want my glow back!

2 Likes

Ehh night elves can’t catch a break. They were the worst from all the reworks and now no glow anymore? Jeez…

Males look horrible.

4 Likes

I don’t think that Blizzard were planning it like that. In 8.3. the biggest hype is about DK. New DK glowing does not work with old Night Elves eyes glowing.
So Blizzard have just removed all other races glowing eyes so that DK new glowing look nice.

Other classic races hate to suffer ugly :poop:

Now the only rescue is Dark eyes of the Night Warriors, but they come only with pale skin, which is ugly.

2 Likes

Blizzard finally adding blue eyes for the alliance.

For the wrong elf :rofl:

3 Likes

They sure aren’t white/silver as they used to be! I just want the colour to be right, I don’t care all that much about the glow. For pink skins they look almost teal.

Where is my glow? :sob:

Do I need to see the barber to get my glow back?

Meanwhile I care a whole lot. Trying to see if glow is an option in the barber shop. This looks awfull and unfinished.

Also, my eyes seems to still be white. It could be based on light, so you’ll see it differently depending on where you are. My eyes are white in Stormwind at least.

Edit: Nope, no glow in the barber shop :frowning: