Feral druid community - what do you guys want to see?

I mean something more like being able to take talents that improve our ranged abilities. A talent that made starsurge instant cast and have no CD would be good, but it would have to be done so that we couldn’t also take furor because that would be OP.

Or maybe keep the CD but make it instant cast so we can get one cast every 15-ish seconds with furor. And give us the option to have starfall (also instant cast but with a CD) to use with furor on AOE. That would also make owlweaving feel fun and meaningful for those who want to do it as part of their normal rotation.

in my version there is the “cast instant-cast wraths with swiftness”, would that work?

also another thing I thought about doing, would u like to see Tiger’s fury combined with Feral frenzy (feral frenzy becomes baseline and combines with Tiger’s fury, granting you the buff, with 30sec cd) or is this too much?

I believe that would be overboard a bit. I am studying your tree it has some super amazing ideas, but some are a bit OP!

its an old version but explain please, I would to hear you out :slight_smile:

The best thing that could happen ferals is if Dual-specc was never introduced for hybrid classes (druid, pala, DK, shaman, … ), and only introduced for the pure dps-classes (rogue, mage, hunter, etc). This way the Feral would be unique for raid-leaders (like they were in TBC) in that they are the only class that really could swap between roles inside one and same raid quite well.

Multiple starting points like the rogue talent tree.
I think it will be the best way to introduce various play styles among feral druids. The right side can be more spammy (slightly higher APM) and more “Bite focused” while le left side can focus more on bleeds and with a slower, more calculated (but with high reward) play style.
With talents splitted between left and right there is free space in the middle for utility and skills that can be useful for both builds.

1 Like

You can check my new post with my full, updated tree

I think multiple starting points is a problem cause a lot of Feral’s basic stuff is Omen and Tiger’s fury.

Just split it after these two is great

1 Like

that is true but you can put Tiger’s fury in the middle right after the first 2 talents that define the playstyle or even in the same first row (always in the middle) followed by Omen or put omen baseline like it is at the moment, slapping the entire spell book in the talent tree is so bad and ends with leaving the class with less spells/passives that it already has on retail.
I saw your talent tree and I like it cause adds things instead of forcing the player to spend points to get back basic stuff that they already have.

1 Like

Most basic spec-defining passives are talents you pick early on.

I’m trying to make something close to blizzard’s design philosophy (I dont want to put stuff like swiftness/omen as a passive because other classes have similar things as talents as well)

giving feral SI baseline is already against blizzard’s design philosophy (almost every class had its basic defensives in the class tree)

tnx mate! I hope blizzard will do any sort of feral druid re-make anytime soon (not a demo warlock/survival hunter rework, but something small that allows a new unique playstyle.

1 Like

You are right and I too think that feral deserves a unique play style but since at the moment we are a mix of different specs (and probably we will be the same is df) I still think that the talent tree can be a wonderful way for blizzard to expand this concept letting the player decide which part of the gameplay they want to emphasize.
This is why I still think that splitting the tree in 2 independent branches (at the beginning or in the middle I don’t care) can open a variety of options to the players. You can go full on a branch or mix both to have a sorta of hybrid gameplay if you like it.

At the moment the talent tree is so bad designed that you are forced to go all over the place (picking a lot of useless talents) just to get a bunch of useful talents that you really need for your rotation. Slimming it down can leave a lot of space to define different ways to play the spec.
I guess my main request for the whole DF feral talent tree system is to have an Identity and if this is not possible to achieve at least I want to be able to define it by myself.

I know a simple “I don’t like the tree concept” is not a big feedback but imo before giving feedbacks about talents is important that the main concept behind the whole thing is defined and clear and at the moment is not.
I respect the decision of making something more conventional and more blizzlike for your talent tree don’t get me wrong, but don’t you think that maybe something a little bit “out of the box” can help giving the spec a unique play style?

To be able to pick from both sides, there have to be cross connections further down the tree. Many of the more recent trees are split into 3 distinct paths, with cross connections from the sides to the middle (and sometimes from the middle to sides) in the bottom half of the tree. I like that a lot.

3 Likes

Obviously they will still be connected by some utility nodes (in common for both branches) in the middle so you can path trough them and go to the other side if you want, SI can be one of those since is useful no matter what. With “independent branches” I mean that they are able to work even without picking anything from the other side.

When I started my research to be able to make the talent tree (im NOT a feral main, its my alt. im a havoc DH main with some game design background), I noticed 2 things

1. over the years feral’s playstyle didn’t reactive any major changes
  2. Feral druid felt like a weird combination of rogue and druid

Feral should be a mix of direct damage and bleeds, but with far more utility then other specs (cause of druid).

My tree goes in 2 independent branches with the ability to go from the middle path, to create some interesting hybrid builds or fully-invest yourself into one playstyle.

I went for out of the box with the magic druid stuff, what I did in terms of “blizzlike” was the way the talents are organized (first talents are baseline/spec defining passives).

some of my scrapped designed were starfall as the “magic tree” aoe option, making it so each finishing move during tiger’s fury gives you X sec of starfall or something, but I felt like its too much

if u want to discuss my tree and some ideas (with pictures for the tree cause I cant post pictures here :confused: ) feel free to send me an in-game mail with your discord or something

from a PvP standpoint:

feral tree:

• don’t force me to pick things like Primal Wrath/Brutal Slash, undesirable SL conduit effects etc.
  • Sickle of the Lion (as a talent)
  • Convoke the Spirits legendary effect (as a talent)
  • a major buff to Incarnation: King of the Jungle (3min DPS CDs feel very very bad)

class tree:

• Cyclone should be easier to reach
  • the final row talent Furor is complete trash
1 Like

not touching the class tree (for now).

im a pve and pvp player (Phenomenal cosmic power from bfa, so I try to make stuff for both pve and pvp). Claws of Shirvallah added back and sickle added

Removed convoke but added feral frenzy as the baseline 30sec cd (grants tiger’s fury when its over, allowing feral to have a short cd burst ability, can be talented to be AoE and grant the artifact ability to provide a damage increase to targets hit)

1 Like

Well its pointless to give feedback like every xpac but I think a simple solution: give Feral base competitive AoE and then have 3 different builds one for direct ST one for sustained ST through bleeds and the last to focus on AoE. As long as Feral is sht in AoE it will remain sht overall no mater what and also giving the option of bleeds build and direct dmg build will satisfy most Feral players.
The current tree as I said for the release its really bad and mostly taking our stuff and splitting it on multiple talents like TF taking up like 4? talent points across the tree is so stupid… now even more clear seeing other specs…

1 Like

ye

Feral and shadow priest (both by the same dev btw) are the worse trees so far, I really hope the new dev will do a better job before the expansion goes live

How do you know it’s the same dev?

I’ll try to find where I saw it on discord

there was also a screenshot of him saying he’s leaving blizzard and that his favorite ability is convoke

Shiggy diggy