Feral druid custom tree, time for a semi-rework

Hi guys, you Might remember me from the “What do you want to see post” (from a few weeks ago)

I’ve been working hard on a feral druid tree/rework 2 weeks ago.

I had some irl issues last week and couldn’t finish my work, but apparently the feedback started to pile up last week and I managed to get the first “final” (its not gonna be the final version, but its the first version I’ve done after getting a lot of feedback) version of my tree.

Introduction: My design philosophy for feral druid

First of all, I want to go over some notes from making this tree, just to make sure some of my decisions are clear

1. The “Bleeds vs direct damage” argument is weird. Feral druid (in my opinion) should be a mix of both playstyles. that doesn’t mean specific builds wouldn’t rewards direct damage (Bites) more then bleeds and vice versa
  2. Convoke is a badly designed ability.
    I removed it in this version, because from what I heard Convoke was mostly taken to “grant us a low-cooldown burst damage tool”. I’ve filled that gap with the changes to Tiger’s fury.
  3. Feral should be able to cast rebirth/roars and innervate in cat form
  4. sabretooth removed, you’ve already complained enough about this talent. I thought about adding back the “refresh if the target is under 25% hp”, but wasn’t sure about that one
  5. Brutal Slash was removed
  6. bloodtalons removed (cycle of nature is pretty close to old bloodtalons, which make sense with the new changes to swiftness). casting swipe to get a dps increase in single target shouldn’t be a thing.
  7. This tree is very experimental. there’s an entire section in the tree related to magic damage to remove/reduce owlweaving by making it catweaving (with proper support)
Written tree (warning: its very long)

I cant link a picture to the tree cause I dont have permissions :frowning: I’ll link one when I find a way to.

Basline changes

• Infected Wounds - Rake causes an Infected Wound in the target, reducing the target’s movement speed by 50% for 12 sec
  • Improved Prowl - While stealthed, empower your Rake and Shred, increasing their damage by 60% and granting them an additional effect:
    Rake: also stun the target for 4 sec
    Shred: has Double the chance to critically strike and grants an additional combo point
  • Survival Instincts - Reduces all damage you take by 50% for 6 sec
  • Berserk cooldown reduced to 2min and duration reduced to 15sec
  • Feline Adept includes Incapacitating Roar, Stampeding Roar and Innervate

Row 1

• Feral frenzy - Unleash a furious frenzy, clawing your target 5 times dealing Physical damage and additional Bleed damage over 10 sec.
    Restores 30 energy and grants Tiger’s fury for 10sec
    (Tiger’s fury unchanged, 15% damage increase)
Reasons behind this change

One of the main complains I got was that Feral is lacking a small cd damaging ability (like Touch of the magi, eye beam, Comet Storm etc).
People said they liked Convoke because it kinda filled that gap, it gave a good damaging short cooldown ability. Feral frenzy can fill that gap instead of convoke

Row 2

• Omen of Clarity - Your auto attacks have a chance to cause a Clearcasting state, making your next Shred, Thrash, or Swipe cost no Energy and deal 15% increased damage

Row 3

• Predatory Swiftness - Your finishing moves have a 20% chance per combo point to make your next Regrowth, Entangling Roots or Rebirth instant, free, and castable in all forms.
  • Moment of Clarity - Omen of Clarity now triggers 50% more often and can accumulate an additional charge
  • Hunger for blood - Your combo point generating abilities deal 20% increased damage against targets affected by your bleeds

Row 4

• Soul of The Forest - Your finishing moves grant 5 Energy per combo point

Choice Node: Improved Survival Instincts or Protection of Ashamane

• Improved Survival Instincts - Survival Instincts gains an additional charge
  • Protection of Ashamane - When you shapeshift out of Cat Form, you gain 100% increased dodge chance and armor for 5 sec or until you shapeshift back into Cat Form. Can only occur once every 45 sec.
  • Savage Roar - Finishing move that increases damage by 15% and energy regeneration rate by 10% while in Cat Form. Lasts longer per combo point
  • Pouncing Strikes - While in cat form, increase the range of your abilities by 5 yards.
    Does not stack with similar effects
  • Cat-Eye Curio - Clearcast abilities generate 30% of their Energy cost

Row 5 (require 8pts+)

• Improved Tiger’s Fury (2pts talent) - Increases damage bonus of Tiger’s fury by 3% (5%) Tiger’s Fury now restores 2 (4) energy every 2 seconds
  • Incessant Hunter - When your Bleeds deal damage, they have a 15% chance to grant 6 Energy.

Choice Node: Twisted Claws or Scent of Blood

• Twisted Claws - Thrash’s direct damage increase your agility by 2% for 12 sec, stacks up to 5 times
  • Scent of Blood - Each enemy hit by Thrash reduces the cost of Swipe by 3 Energy and increases its damage by 2% for the next 6 sec
  • Primal Frenzy - When your Bleeds critically strike, they have a 30% chance to Increase the duration of your active Savage roar by 4 sec and trigger Primal Fury
  • Taste For Blood - Ferocious Bite and Maim deals 5% increased damage for each of your Bleeds on the target.

Row 6

• Lunar Inspiration - Moonfire is usable in Cat Form, costs 30 energy, and generates 1 combo points. In addition, Your moonfire is now considered a bleed effect.
  • Nature’s Wrath - Feral Frenzy now deals Nature damage instead of Physical damage

Choice Node: Ashamane’s Bite or Shadow Thrash

• Ashamane’s Bite - Your combo point generating abilities against targets bleeding from your Rip have a 10% chance to awaken the Spirit of Ashamane
    The Spirit applies a Shadowy duplicate of that Rip on the target with the duration and remaining damage of your rip.
  • Shadow Thrash - Thrash has a 25% chance to release part of Ashamane’s soul, causing all nearby enemies to suffer Shadow damage over 2 sec.
  • Leader of The Pack - While in Cat Form, you increase the critical chance and speed of raid members within 40 yards by 2%
    When affected allies critically strike with a direct attack, they heal themselves for 5% of their maximum health and restore 3% of their maximum mana. This effect cannot occur more than once every 8 sec.
  • Primal Wrath - Finishing move that deals instant damage and applies Rip to all enemies within 8 yards. Lasts longer per combo point.
  • Predator (2pts talent) - Feral Frenzy grants Tiger’s Fury for 3(5) additional seconds.
    When a target dies with one of your Bleed effects active, restore 10(20) energy and grant you Tiger’s fury for 3(5) sec.
  • Iron Jaws - Ferocious Bite has a 8% chance per combo point to increase the damage of your next Maim by 500%

Row 7

• Arcane Infection - Your Thrash is infused with arcane magic, causing it’s Periodic damage to also deals the periodic damage of moonfire.
  • Improved Predatory Swiftness, check note
note -Improved Predatory Swiftness
  • 1 point: Predatory Swiftness now stacks up to 2 times, and empowers your casted spells:
  • 2 points: Predatory Swiftness now stacks up to 2 times, and empowers your casted spells:
    Regrowth: Heals you for 50% when used on allies
    Entangling Roots: Your Bleed damage will no longer cancel Entangling Roots early.
    Rebirth: Your target will Resurrect with at least 40% mana
    Wrath: Deals 20% additional damage and cause auto attacks to deal additional nature damage for 20 sec
  • Circle of Life and Death - Your damage over time effects deal their damage in 25% less time, and your healing over time effects in 15% less time.
  • Berserk Relentlessness - Go berserk for 15 sec, giving finishing moves a 20% chance per combo point spent to refund 2 combo point and reducing the energy cost of cat form abilities by 20%.
    Passive: Combo-point generating abilities reduce the cooldown of Berserk by 0.3 sec.
  • Improved Shred - Increase the damage and critical strike chance of Shred by 15%.

Row 8 (require 20pts+)

• Cycle of Nature (2pts talent) - Consuming Predatory Swiftness increases the damage of your next (2) finishing moves by 20% and restores 10 (20) energy
    Your finishing moves Increase your magic damage done by 5(10)% for 8 sec
  • Adaptive Swarm - Command a swarm that heals deals Shadow damage over 12 sec to a target and increases the effectiveness of your periodic effects on them by 25%.
    Upon expiration, finds a new target, preferring to alternate between friend and foe up to 3 times.
  • Sickle of the Lion (2pts talent) check note
note - Sickle of the Lion
  • 1 point: Entering Berserk causes you to leap to your target and strike all nearby enemies, dealing Bleed damage over 10 sec. Deals reduced damage beyond 8 targets.
  • 2 points: Entering Berserk causes you to leap to your target and strike all nearby enemies, dealing Bleed damage over 10 sec. Deals reduced damage beyond 8 targets.
    While Berserk isn’t active, your rake damage has a chance to grant you Berserk for 5 sec
  • Rip and Tear - Feral frenzy cause your next Thrash to apply Rake and infected wounds to all targets hit
  • Improved Wounds (2pts talent) - Shred Now apply an infected wound to your target
    Infected wounds now increase the damage the target takes from your bleeds by 10% (20%)

Row 9

• Predator’s wrath - Wrath is usable in Cat Form, costs 40 energy and generates 1 combo points.
    In addition, it may benefit from Predatory Swiftness.

Choice Node: Tiger’s Wrath or Improved Energy

• Tiger’s Wrath - Tiger’s Fury increases your critical strike change by 15%
  • Improved Energy - Tiger’s Fury and Berserk increases your maximum energy is increased by 20

Choice Node: Incarnation: Avatar of Ashamane or Incarnation: Avatar of Goldrinn

• Avatar of Ashamane - Transform Berserk into Incarnation: Avatar of Ashamane
    Incarnation: Avatar of Ashamane grants the benefits of Berserk, Cause your Rake and Shred to deal damage as though you were stealthed and increase the duration of berserk by 10 sec
  • Avatar of Goldrinn - Transform Berserk into Incarnation Avatar of Goldrinn Incarnation: Avatar of Goldrinn grants the benefits of Berserk, increases your haste by 10% and cause your combo point-generating abilities to bleed the target for an additional 150% of their damage over 8 sec.
  • Improved Feral frenzy - Feral frenzy now cleaves to all targets near your main target, causing them to suffer 45% of the damage done and grants you 5 combo points.

Choice Node: Apex Predator’s Craving or King of The jungle

• Apex Predator’s Craving - Rip damage has a 4% chance to make your next Ferocious Bite free and deal the maximum damage.
  • King of The jungle - For every enemy you have Rip active on, your damage done is increased by 4%, stacking up to 5 times

Row 10

Choice Node: Omen of Nature or Omen of Magic

• Omen of Nature - Your Omen of Clarity now cause your next Shred, Thrash or Swipe to deal nature damage instead of physical
    In addition, your combo-point generating abilities now benefit from Predator’s Wrath passive damage.
  • Omen of Magic - Your Omen of Clarity cause your next Shred,Swipe or Thrash to deal the periodic damage of moonfire. In addition, every 30th hit of Moonfire’s periodic damage will call a Full moon on the target
  • Starsurge (Cat form) - A ranged Finishing move that causes Arcane damage per combo point and cause you to deal 15% additional magic damage for 20 sec
    cost 25 energy
  • Servant of the Wild Gods (check note)
Servant of the Wild Gods

Druids have improved their bonds with the Wild Gods, granting them the ability to shapeshift into their Aspects:

• Aspect of Shirvallah: Increase your magic damage and healing done by 10%, allow the use of all non-damaging Druid spells while shapeshifted and increase your maximum energy by 30.
  • Aspect of Kimbul: Increase your damage done by 5%, cause your attacks to ignore 20% of the target’s armor and your ferocious bite cause your target to bleed for 25% of the damage done over 15sec, if this effect is reapplied, any remaining damage will be added to the new application.
  • Aspect of Bethekk: Increase all periodic damage done by 15%, all energy gained by 10% and your direct damage Critical strikes on targets effected by your rip cause it to erupt, dealing 2 instances of its periodic damage.

Note: aspects cannot be changes while in combat, changing your “aspect” has a 5 sec cast Time.
changing an aspect will change your cat form (the cat form you shift into when using cat form)

• Bloodletter’s Frailty - Feral Frenzy also increases the damage you deal to afflicted targets by 20%.
  • Draught of Deep Focus - When Rip is active on a single target, Increase the proc chance of Apex Predator’s Craving and the effect of King of The Jungle by 6%

What do you guys think? of course a lot of balancing/tuning needs to be done but do you think its a good way to go? I would like to hear your thoughts :smiley_cat:

4 Likes

Like it alot

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.