Fevered Incantation leg as Frost Mage

Hi everyone,

I just realised that Fevered Incantation, the BIS legendary for Fire Mage, is actualy not limited to the fire spec contrary to what the game state. This leg gives you a 3% increased critic damage stackable 5x times for each CONSECUTIVE critic you make.

Actualy this buff can trigger in the 3 mage specs.

Considering frost have guaranted critics after a brain freeze procs (if you have the 33% critic chance treshold), do you think it could be a good leg for the frost spec ?

If you look at sims it lags massively behind in single target and it’s positively useless in aoe

Disciplinary command is well ahead and even that is still majorly behind other legs

On which character you simulated this ? What was its critic chance ?

Tbh disciplinary command sims better for fire ST than fevered incantation. Also DC getting buffed 9.0.5.

fevered incantation is underwhelming even for fire, and fire has 100% crit for 15-20% of a fight’s duration+guaranteed crit trains under 35% health

Searing touch doesn’t guarentee pyro crits. Also fevered incantation is stronger for fire than any leggos are for frost or arcane.

yeah, but it guarantees a constant uptime of increased crit damage as opposed to maybe having increased crit damage

slick ice and glacial fragments say hi… anyway its like choosing the shiniest turd out of a pile of turds, because thats what the fire legendary options are currently - either by being completely undertuned or just flat out boring because they contribute nothing to the gameplay

Searing touch refers only to scorch if i’m not mistaken. Not increased crit damage of all spells. It is still though one of the most powerfull abilities imo because at execute phase your rotation basically becomes scorch X 2 —> Pyroblast and all that while running :smiley:

You do understand that Searing touch talent + Fevered incarnation leggo is as broken as hell right?

did you not understand what i said? because fire has guaranteed crits under 35%, fire also has near permanent uptime on stacks of fevered incantation. fevered incantation gives you increased crit damage

here is an example of fevered incantation uptime changing clearly after boss drops below 35%, directly as a result of having searing touch: https://i.imgur.com/ZlQJrxf.png

so? bloodmallet sims rank both slick ice and glacial fragments as much bigger dps increases than fevered incantation for fire, and not by a small margin either. from a numbers standpoint slick ice is ~40% better for ST and glacial fragments is ~150% better for cleave/aoe

Kinda ye, but every pyro you chuck during a normal rotation has 2 stacks anyway. Fireball and scorch do very little dmg. It’s the increase of pyros during execute that does more dmg.

Fevered incantation has a higher dps% increase for fire than slick ice does for frost, at least on the sims. Wasn’t thinking about aoe, but ye, glacial is miles ahead of anything fire has.

I dream of a sunking, pyroclasm, crit build. Was really hoping sunking was gonna be bis leggo.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.