Few askings from a new player

Hello guys,

im totally new player. Just bought 1 month sub and planning to spend a lot of time ingame :slight_smile:

I have question about Realms. Wich one to choose? I want to play in most active servers, to feel it lively. Are there any cons of being in “full” or "high"populated realms?

Thank you

The only cons being that you may need to expect queues which vary per “Full/High” realm. This happens especially more often around major patch numbers or expansion launches. You can take a look at third party sites like WoWprogress to see a rough estimate of Faction pop.

I recommend to also check the actual realm forums how many [H] or [A] threads there are and you can always just make a level 1 character and walk to the realm capital and see how busy it is during peak times and ask questions there.

2 Likes

OK, so the standard answer is

Silvermoon for Alliance.

Draenor for Horde.

If you want to go further down the list, check out

which will give the best estimates we have on realm and faction actifity.

OK, so are there downsides to being on the biggest realms?

Boost spam used to be a downside. You couldn’t see Trade chat for boost ads. But now those are ion a separare channel “Trade - Services” which you can turn off.

The bigger concern is overcrowding, lag, and queues at the start of an expansion, or sometimes of a patch. This used to be a thing, but we didn’t see any of this in Dragonflight, AFAIK, either because Blizzard are getting better at balancing load or because fewer players started.

If you are really really allergic to a couple of weeks of prime-time lag at the start of a new expansion, and you don’t want to risk it, you could go to the #2 or #3 realm for your chosen faction.

2 Likes

Thank you very much. I have started in one of the servers for “new players” but prefered to move on another after i bought the sub. The community ingame is also very helpful.

If i have some more questions will write here.

Cheers

edit: I have started playing Healer, my main role in almost every mmo i have been playing.

Im going to go for full support endgame, but its okay to do it till i hit 60 - 70 lvl? Or i start as dps so i level up easier and kill faster?

1 Like

In most cases DPS will have easier and faster time during leveling yes.

1 Like

It depends where are you from and what your language is too. There are some Realms like Mine Drakthul/burning blade connected where 99,99% players are either Czech or Slovaks. I think Burning Legion for example is simmiliar as Most players there are Polish. So you should go for realms like this, depends on you language. But in General High pops like Draenor, Twisting nether are good, Lots of players, English and many guilds to choose from etc. Also it depends what you want to do ingame, If you want to do M+/pvp in the future it does not matter what server you play as everything is crossrealm anyways, same for raiding Normal/heroic. But if you are going for Mythic raiding you should choose High pop servers as there are many guilds There to choose from for all kinds of skill level players. No idea where are you from so cant tell you what kind of server has majority players from your country.

1 Like

Thank you for answers guys!
I bought a gaming laptop yesterday so i have been delayed with playing.

Im from Bulgaria. Do you know maybe how i find Bulgarian guilds? I play in Dreanor, Horde.

Thanks once again.

If there’s a realm discord you could try going on it and asking, or the realm forums.

Otherwise, download a chat addon that can filter specific phrases and look if you can find a Bulgarian [BUL] tag in guild recruitment messages.

Best of luck!

2 Likes

I didn’t find any worth mentioning.

https://eu.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/search?q=bulgaria%20%23draenor%20order%3Alatest

and in-game, if I type Bulgaria into the guild finder, I see only three, and two of them have one and three members.

However, as Saneko says, you could look for it in chat, or type a chat yourself looking for fellow Bulgarians.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.