Final Fantasy anyone?

Heyho,
I just started to play Final Fantasy and i looks gorgeous. I like the game play.
Anyone else playing it? Hows the endgame, is it fun to play?

2 Likes

I tried FFXIV or whatever the MMORPG is sometime during Legion. I didn’t like it one bit. It was nearly as bad as ESO. Just my opinions, some people like both of those games alot.

3 Likes

Maybe post in final fantasy forums?

8 Likes

Aweful game tbh if you like hard content. No m+ and the raids are aimed at kids. Litrrally just dont stand in the bright flashing circle, woth arrows pointing to it. Finish the story, then it’s just currency gated each week so you can buy 1 piece. And do 1 raid (you teleport straight in to 1 boss) which you farm over and over till you win the loot roll for 1 item a week.

What annoys me though, why do they advertise sooooooooo much bettter? Seen multiple adverts on TV with Tom holland (spiderman) training, then chilling on FF14 after. Seen loads of adverts all over facebook for 6 months, all over you tube. Only advert I’ve seen for WoW is boosts/selling gold lol.

3 Likes

The good:

• Classes with actual abilities. The longer GCD gets shut down by having plenty of abilities off the GCD (for most classes) that you use in between. Suddenly you have a more complex main rotation than WoW while having to press more buttons.
  • Overall relatively difficult boss fights on highest difficulty. Some can last over 10 minutes. They are generally pretty scripted, but 10+ minutes of constantly changing scripted mechanics while having to maximize dps (this applies to healers and tanks as well) isn’t easy for the average player considering people fail on target dummies in WoW and WoW classes no longer even have a rotation.

The bad:

• Forced story-driven main scenario quest. This takes incredibly long. In other words, it takes a long time before you get to see endgame.
  • Limited endgame. While the fights aren’t terrible, there’s very few of them. While WoW is also lacking in that department lately, at least there’s m+.
  • Simple early game rotations. The game shows that it was incredibly lacking in its earlier installments, so you will not have much to do until you get more abilities from leveling which wouldn’t be a problem if leveling wasn’t gated behind the incredibly long main scenario.
1 Like

Playing the new patch since early this morning and having a blast, so no, I won’t be playing FF.
Square Enix was one of the companies that I greatly respected, until i played their MMO, that was utter crap at launch and I quit the game within a week.
The game might have been greatly overhauled but if a company wants me to return, they should give some compensation for buying the first crappy game to begin with.

2 Likes

Take this FF crap elsewhere, clown.

1 Like

So you only do story mode raids then? Apparently the Savage mode raids are just that …………

Nice to hear most of you likes Final Fantasy…
Thx for your replies, going off now to play it again. Cya all

1 Like

The good stuff:

• Better story campaign. You’re not just a champion who is a mere foot soldier. Instead, you’re the centerpiece of the main scenario quest.
  • Constant updates with plenty of stuff to do.
  • Player housing (it’s basically it’s own endgame content).
  • Better combat system once you have reached the higher levels. The GCDs are there but you weave in OGCD abilties which makes the combat fast enough that you’re not bored of it. What you press matters unlike WoW - especially if you takle raid content.
  • A more welcoming community that isn’t like the average McDonalds WoW mentality
  • RNG compensation mechanics: You don’t got loot in this ID? Don’t worry. For defeating an encounter you’ll receive tokens that can be traded into endgame gear once you have gathered enough of them for their respective item slots. This makes it very straightforward and you can plan ahead which item will be a greater upgrade compared to another item. WoW doesn’t have any sort of mechanic like this. TR doesn’t count as it is just grind.
  • More fun endgame content that can be intimidating at first but once you get the mechanics and rotations in your head you can get past them sooner or later - except Ultimate mode; There you need to play pretty good and WoW doesn’t over an equivalent to Ultimate mode.

The bad:

• Weebs, but if you’re lucky you meet normal people who aren’t dressing their characters like waifus
  • Leveling as a first timer can be daunting but don’t give up. Once you’ve reached HW the pace and content gets better.
  • The world doesn’t feel that wide-open like WoW; More like large rooms connected with each other.

Yes you do, you sexy blood elf

1 Like

The raids have different difficulties. It’s not a raid though, literally 1 boss every few months with 0 trash, you teleport straight to it. Even savage is silly, everythings very clearly pointed out. Big circle you don’t stand in, 4 massive arrows pointing at a character, you stack on them etc.

Dungeons you just scale too, so doesnt matter ya guy there always the same difficulty. Theres no normal/heroic/m+, it’s just 1 difficulty. You spam 20 dungeons a week for say 350 gear (2 items a week). Then spam raid on hard/extreme (1 boss a week for 1 item). Then when ya high enough just 1 savage boss a week.

You can grind rep to gear a bit quicker, but it’s an absolutely nuts grind. I quit very shortly after hitting end game. Biught crafted gear which got me into savage raids. Then it was just spam savage (they drop 3 items for 20 of ya), till you win the loot roll. That was it gear wise.

I like it. Before you sub though be sure to grab a recruit a friend code from someone on reddit (make sure you are on their server)… I got 1 million gil from them and an exp item from the game :slight_smile: Post the code into account management before you sub.

1 Like

IT… I meant it :sweat_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.