Final thoughts on healer viability

I’m a former rank1 Mistweaver. I also have duelist xp on Rshaman and Rdruid. I want to share my final thoughts about healer viability/meta/Tier. I think Blizzard did a good job this time in terms of balancing. You basically can just play your favorite, with Evoker being a forced toy for tryhards. Although for keeping up, going up vs decent player you should consider playing this:

2v2:
S-Tier: Restoration Druid, Mistweaver Monk
(Mistweaver only working with DH/Outlaw/Arcane from my xp, due to recent dampening changes im unsure about Mage in general)
A-Tier: Preservation Evoker, Discipline Priest
B-Tier: Holy Priest, Holy Paladin
?: Restoration Shaman ( either A-tier or not viable)

3v3:
S-tier: Preservation Evoker
A:tier: Hpaladin ,Rdruid, Disc
B:tier: Mistweaver, Rshaman, HPriest

You could make another row about facing Preservation, but i rather don’t since Blizzard needs to remove Nullyfing Shroud.

1 Like

There’s one build that you can play on Resto shaman and meet the A-tier mark but you got to play your defensive play right. Resto Shaman’s defensives are really bad as you can’t recover fast enough, thanks to class mastery and dampening in 2v2. In 3’s Evoker definitely wins par with Resto Druid.

Not on par with rdruid from my beta experience.
Rdruid is quite ‘bad’ compared to evoker, but every other healer is worse so yeah lol

Pres feels good in both brackets. It’s unfair how fun and good they are compared to other healers at the moment. Other healers need brought up to their level

Show us? I recon Ancestral Vigor (if it still exists) gives it the output needet to keep up with preservation. I didn’t tried rshaman since prepatch.

We will see but i doubt Preservation can be best healer for 2v2, You can just target it, maybe slow it

U were challenger in /s3/s4 and rival in s2 Shadowlands, hardly a rank 1 material.

Evoker is almost a melee healer, it needs a shroud, it can be purged or waited out.

It’s actually one of the most fun healers, not everyone plays it because it’s op.

A class like holy paladin can never be under A+
Cdew thinks hpala is top 3 healer, same as Absterge.

I was thinking about Holy Paladin having hidden 2v2 potential, with Blessing of Summer. It wears plate armor which is good.

MW cant purge. I cant stun it so were forced to target it. This is broken. Evoker can’t be stunned/interrupted/slowed👍

Am idk in what expansion u play but armor was reworked in SL season 2 I believe.
Armor doesnt play any role in pvp anymore.

U are joking right? U can wait 15 sec and after that MW has now one of the best ccs in the game, incap into stun into song while Evokers CC is a meme.

Physical damage?

Just compare it. MW has cc chain and ToD. Prevoker has Damage and Shroud. In a 3v3 situation the MW can’t do much vs Prevoker. I recon this is an intendet rock paper scissor system.

I would not meme on it just yet,it can be combined with everything. Hover :arrow_right:Dreamwalk can’t do much against it.

Idk if u noticed but bear form used to be very good when armor meant something, now feral/resto just die after regeneration is over and they stay in bear.
Also if u play some physical dmg classes u would notice that u deal same dmg to armored and non armored targets.

MW has the usual infinite mana pool, strongest heals in the game that literally always heal through dampening, mw is a nightmare to deal on some healers and comps.
I personally hated playing against mws especially in SL. but never have I ever asked for mw nerf lol.

Yeah it takes more time to get to enemy healer then the Evo CC lasts.
But guess what, you can bait evoker who has to come into melee range too CC incap him and do your cc combo. Like you got range, use it to your advantage.
If he has shroud it lasts 15 sec and as a MW you have more than enough mobility buttons to kite and in these 15 sec he will surely have to stop and heal the dps along the way.

Overall instead asking for nerfs u should ask for healers buffs.
People already quit healing spec in general and now we just need nerfs on the only exciting and fun healer in the game, may as well remove healing from pvp.

They should just buff all the healers to Prevoker level in my opinion. High mobility, several schools of magic (comes in really handy against all those interrupts), lots of defensives, good damage and good throughput. It’s really fun and I actually feel strong and impactful on the class, not like a punching bag with 1 school of magic that gets zugzug’d by the meele pain train like Shaman for example.

I won’t deny that Prevoker is ahead of the other healers currently but I doubt that you will do the game a favour by nerfing it. Making the other healers more fun to play on the other hand would definitely help the game, even for dps players (shorter queue times).

1 Like

still got passive frenzy, Tranquility immunity

Source? I recon armor still takes a % of physical damage taken, so Warror, Hunter, Rogues and Monks would struggle to target Holy Paladins.

I agree. Looking back at early SL seasons MW 2v2 rounds were very long, you had zero damage but still the toolkit to counter damage, disarm enemys and stun them with song while your damage stays on one target. I were Venthyr in season 1 which turned out to be a grave mistake, i got oneshottet by rogues and quit for half the expansion. Nightfae died in beta and Chi Burst still had a garbage Spellpower scaling. Later on MW learned to port while stunned, and Peaceweave magic immunity and Disarm, MW were still able to outplay, kite but had no damage to help to setup a kill.

Blizzards changes aim for healing to be ‘‘gameplay enabler’’ you heal like an NPC without much impact. But I doubt that double damage can dominate the 2v2 bracket, since healer can still counter and win time. Since there are dampening changes healer need to damage or kite, waste time and counter cds as much as possible, there are many PvP addons, weakauras that give you enough oversight to play your ‘‘cards’’ well.

I still believe doubling the GCD fixes the game so player want to heal, if Blizzard don’t want us to play healer then they can give us Healer NPCs like Ashran.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.