Fire mages: nobody cares that your combustion is up

Do you even know how many classes have major cooldowns; rogues have major cooldowns to nuke and priests have major cooldowns to nuke and hunters have major cooldowns to nuke etc; hell your very class on other specs has cooldowns to nuke.

The level of juvenile narcissism you must have in this game to have the delusion only your cooldowns matter; besides if someone wants to know them they don’t need you; they can track them with the LUA API.

1 Like

Do you know that Combustion is literally 70% of a fire mage’s damage and has a MUCH larger impact than it does for literally every other class in the game?

7 Likes

Babi mage hasn’t played arcane, or shadow priest, or rogue etc.

3 Likes

whenever a fire mage uses combustion this week i try to kill them. :joy:

3 Likes

As it happens I have played arcane, frost, feral druid, and boomkin - and let me tell you in no uncertain terms: Combustion is more important to a fire mage than any of their cooldowns are to them. Ridiculously more so for feral druid.

If you want to succeed a high-end M+ run with a fire mage in your group, you must play around it to some extent. Otherwise you will lose. Get over it. Or, I think more appropriately in your case, stop playing with fire mages.

2 Likes

Even if only your cooldown mattered (which it doesn’t but let’s assume it does), nobody needs you to spam it in chat. If they need to do that they can already do it with the LUA API.

We do use a LUA API. Specifically I use a WeakAura.

If you think Combustion doesn’t matter to fire mages you are clueless and should not play with them. Leave it to the players who are actually good at the game.

THEY DON’T NEED YOU. They can track all other cooldowns from other players. Nobody wants someone spamming what cooldowns they have without asking for it.

1 Like

Especially in pugs it is a good thing to say your main cooldown is available.

1 Like

You can’t really compare combustion and berserk, though.
Berserk is a… It’s a… Well… It tries to be a DPS cooldown but it’s also very sorry because it fails. haha

3 Likes

I’m sure they don’t, but I don’t really care. I’ll find a group which does want to play with me, sour grapes.

It is indeed. Most people ignore it though, but whatever. I don’t see how a couple of /p messages every 2 minutes can possibly upset the OP, but clearly it does.

Exactly my point.

I used to main fire in 8.3 and 9.1 and now I main Arcane.

I can say that combustion is so much more important than my Arcane Power because I do deal a lot of damage with my other cooldowns (TOM, Rune, Radiant Spark) but fire mage really doesn’t.

They deal too little damage when combustion is down, but I don’t think that’s much of a problem for you since it’s up most of the time if I remember correctly it has around 1 minute cooldown if you are Night Fae.

But do mages need to announce they are using it?

1 Like

We announce when it’s about to be ready to indicate that you may be able to pull a little larger because the group of mobs may very well die or be so hurt by the time combustion is over that their abilities don’t matter.

So yes, it is quite useful information if you use it.

Combustion is a ridiculously huge amount of damage. I don’t really think you understand.

2 Likes

In the pugworld without voice; yes. It is for fire mages highly adviced. You better be proactive instead of assuming the tank is tracking it and/or paying attention to it.
The alternative is to not play fire mage.

In the case of fire mage this cooldown is not really padding.

Using combustion on a group of 6-7 mobs will deal upwards of 35-40k damage per second. Outside of combustion? Well there’s very little AoE, especially if you’re kiting the mobs, and the DPS is around 4k single target.

That’s how extreme it is. Fire mage isn’t like other classes in terms of cooldowns. It’s completely and utterly over the top.

No. All those are ideas you are getting when you’re still mediocre in the game or at least before going into hard core levels; you will be told to shut it down sooner or later.

If you go near any hard core players you are done with that bs; they will either track it already if they must know it or tell you to go VoIP.

Well, i am crap at this game so i need this stuff. And by far ‘nobody’ reaches hardcore levels. So :man_shrugging: Maybe you should have given context that you are pushing +25’s with other elite players.

13 level worgen mage alt with hidden profile telling others they are trash

The classic weekend thread

4 Likes

Someone spamming what cds they have is annoying no matter what class they play. I fail to see why this is a fire mage only “issue”. I’ve never seen a mage spam they’re using combustion any more than other classes do. Maybe that’s just me.

Then again your threads usually aren’t really substantial anyway Furra/Gleopatra/Tauredin (which name do you prefer?) Why don’t you just post on one character anyway? Saves you the hassle.