Firemage is too OP (and BGs too imbalanced)

So, a level 60 firemage (probably some kind of BiS with covenant powers, as unfairly usual) on a lower bracket starts harassing me and stalking and ganking me together with a warlock.

As arcane mage, I use ALL of my cooldowns, and STILL can’t escape. The only way I escaped was to fall to my death when I had 1% HP after they shot me so much and so hard. Not that it took very long, as this game is so stupidly ‘bursty’, it boggles the mind.

I try to just steal firemage’s barrier and escape. THIS NEVER WORKS. Don’t try this at home, I just can’t understand how to do it.

I start spellstealing, it has some ‘kleptomania’ PvP talent (which is weird, because there are so much more precious spells that every mage should have instead, and it gives 30-second cooldown, and you can’t spellsteal from multiple enemies in succession, etc. etc… why would anyone choose this? The same boggling questions I have about warriors choosing the stun PvP talent instead of double-charge. Why kill your own mobility like that? I would’ve had SO much fewer KBs as warrior, if I didn’t have two charges).

Anyway, so i’ts very annoying that when I spellsteal its barrier, it immediately not only gets it back, but it gets MY barrier as well, so it becomes insta-doublebarrier!

After that, it keeps me in stun, while shooting at me,. while I try to steal those barriers back (and I never get them OR the fireballs immediately destroy them, can’t really know). Of course the warlock makes me ‘asleep’ JUST as I think I could somehow escape with alter time, and I am just dead.

I don’t get what arcane mage can do against firemages, they’re just too OP, they can even gank huntars without problems in arenas and BGs.

These BGs are SO imbalanced anyway, but why do they have to always be imbalanced against ally (and consequently, me)?

I am so tired of being ganked before I can do anything useful in a BG, but they somehow always focus me as a group and paladins and DKs sometimes gank me before I even get near the river in Twin Peaks - how are they even that fast anyway?

These level 60s shouldn’t be allowed to gank level 54s in normal BGs - they have all the advantages, while the 54 is just a normal leveler with low gear and HP. How is arcane mage supposed to even escape, or cope otherwise, against a super OP DK (did most KBs by far and most damage in the BGs it was in, EVERY TIME) taht’s level 60 and has all kinds of abilities I can’t even dream of?

I iceblock, it keeps some ‘ray’ on me, then I try to stealth, DOESN’T WORK for some reason, so I can’t escape, it keeps me slow, and yeah. You can guess how quickly arcane mage dies helplessly against DK and paladin that are both level 60 and always work together like they’re married.

I can’t understand who designed this ‘balance’ - a game like this should be CAREFULLY PLANNED to be balanced, NOT the other way around. It’s like someone hired an expert to make this game as imbalanced as possible, letting horde always win.

Ally winrate is so incredibly low, I don’t even understand how anyone can allow these ‘BGs’ (SGs would be more apt - SlaughtergroundS) to even continue!

Is Blizz really of the opinion that gear should matter, not skill? That class should be more OP than another class? Why make arcane mage such a punching bag, when back in Legion, it was viable, powerful and playable, and COULD COPE and COMPETE.

I still couldn’t win against firemages, but at least I could ESCAPE them, for crying out loud.

Now it’s just every time I enter a BG, I know it’s gonna be a massacre, and lo and behold, I am right 99.9999999999% of the time. It’s not negative or pessimistic to observe reality and make very accurate predictions based on that data.

If ally always won, I would be predicting our win most of the time, and again I would be right.

I have played for many days now, not even once have I experienced ‘two wins in a row’. It’s like 5 losses, one win, 8 losses, then you level to next bracket without ever winning.

I thought level 20 was the WORST possible bracket, it’s so hellishly bad, it is shocking, it’s traumatizing, frankly.

But when you get to next bracket, either BGs won’t pop up, or the same massacre continues and you get ganked before you can do anything useful. Don’t even THINK about going against rogue as huntar, for example, you’ll just get ganked in stun and no one and nothing can help you (and our team never helps me anyway for some reason, although I always try to help everyone - if I see someone being stabbed by a rogue, I will sacrifice my own life to help our teammember and prevent that awful destiny from happening).

I don’t know, these BGs are really depressing. People pay for BGs, don’t you think they deserve to play something PLAYABLE instead of ‘being ganked’?

Why didn’t they take their sweet time and design every class like rock-paper-scissors, and FORGET GEAR COMPLETELY? That would’ve been perfect situation.

But I guess capitalistic greed needs ‘illusion of progress’, so you have to keep grinding and grinding to keep ‘progressing’, then it’s all taken away from you so you can start the grind from the beginning… so gear ‘has to matter’ for this reason. It’s really sad.

I just can’t understand why so much power is given to horde, so that ally can never win. What other game is this imbalanced, please tell me. A game where players compete team vs. team against each other. Even old Unreal Tournament’s capture the flag-mode was 100% balanced and equal, no one had more powerful weapons than anyone else.

But this game gives peashooters and paper shields to toddlers, and tells them to go fight modern army with tanks, robots, drones and modern combat gear.

Why can’t there be balance in the force… I mean, BGs? Why does this stomping have to be allowed?

Look, I don’t want ally to stomp horde, either, that would not be fun. It doesn’t feel like I win anything if my gear does my fighting for me, or if the BG is pre-destined to be a win. How can I feel like I did meaningful contribution?

(For some reason, this doesn’t stop twinks, rogues or horde teams… maybe they don’t understand how much better it would be to win because you played well instad of because you invested in gear or wasted 3 months in a row every day in some boring PvE activity)

Many people have talked about the BG imbalance, but Blizzard doesn’t seem to listen. Why? Come on, listen to your paying customers, we’re all you have!

bruh, ur 125 item level, what “fire mage is op” i could hit tap u on any class, what is ur hp pool 18k ?

arcane mage legit ddestroy firemage in 1v1, klepto does nothing, let me tell you something, not so many people know what they are doing when they play arcane, but good arcane mages, literally defecate on other mages, you have a way better toolkit to handle him, if he killed you in a 2v1, u can’t rly complain with that gear, i mean, who the hell doesn’t kill you on 125 gear…

1 Like

Put War Mode off.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.