Firemaw Free transfer options

So as many others will know, firemaw is becoming unplayable. The lagg and disconnects are unbearable during peak hours and weekends.

I am considering transfersing off the server for an enjoyable experience (which it currently isn’t)

So i go to the free transfer options and im greeted with…

Mograine PVP
Hydraxian Waterlords RP

Mograine is a horde only server (i am alliance) and Hydraxian is a low pop RP server.

How is this all of the options afforded to people on firemaw? There are other medium pop servers that could be opened to relieve the pressure on the mega servers like firemaw, but god forbid you’d do anything to actually help the gamers that put bread on your table.

When WOTLK finally drops, firemaw (like many others) will be behind a huge queue, only to finally login to Lagg and disconnects which reset your queue timer.

I understand that fixing the lag isn’t easy (if even possible due to the aging code of the game etc) but at the very least give people the option to relocate to servers that aren’t either dead or single faction only.

Give us some lifeline to cling on to, even if it is just a low-med pvp server on the free transfer list.

With the above said, like many others, i fear this could be the last subs i pay this month. Because i won’t be playing wotlk in this mess.

4 Likes

New players will have to play on those servers as well.
It’s like, if you’re a new player, you only can play on a server with 30 more alliance players and not ever raid since the big ones are locked and population is like:

Firemaw: 9000000 players (LOCKED)
Rest: 2 players

If 1/10 of Firemaw decided to transfer to Mograine, we would be more than horde and revive the server…

4 Likes

Mograine is becoming more populated by alliance… be the change u want to see. grab ur friends and move to Mograine.

1 Like

Aren’t free transfers from Firemaw supposed to be closed already?

Edit: Transfer Restrictions and Free Character Transfers Now Available-- Updated 22 November - #287 by Kaivax

i have moved a 60 priest there to try it out.

thats weird. i moved my 70 warrior from firemaw horde to morgraine 2h ago.

Not weird. They keep forgetting stuff like that. Took them weeks to notice they forgot to open transfers to Hydraxian Waterlords they had announced. Twice (I kid you not).

But I would hurry to transfer, if anybody wishes to do so. Maybe they remember soon. Or not.^^

Not forgetting.
I think this was intented.

1. was the transfer to HW only open some hours
  2. This realm is soooo slow. :sweat_smile:

ehm no…

Once. :thinking:

The second time the transfers were broken.
I am glad my gnome made it in one piece :see_no_evil:

doesnt make any sence, what does it help if everyone moves to mograine? you think that would fix everything? would have been the same there eventualy. this actually started on gehennas. then all allys moved to firemaw and now look, even with all the hordes leaving and tons allys also, the problem is still there. and also, its not us who should sacrifice everything here either.

yes, i was really confused about that aswell. thought the transfer should have been closed and then my whole guild transfered off xD

1 Like

Mograine might be closed soonTM

Was somehwere mentioned in Aggrends post.
They have a close eye on Mograine currently.

Found it:

On top, they test currently FCT for only one faction, but i can´t find the link right now

I was running with my chars :smiley:
(ok, almost all of them…).

But i think they decided differently due to the short time transfers to HW were open (without a warning in a DM i would have missed it) and the bad state of Firemaw

It´s almost impossible to reach the char list :astonished:

I am so glad i have emptier alternatives as my main realms :smiley:

Morgaine on the Alliance has 25k AH listings, Firemaw has 82k.

The population for Ally is not good and the server is noted as people Full, once they shut off transfers today or tomorrow the ally population will probably start trending downward. It is just not a viable option. Maybe if Blizzard closed off transfer for Horde so that least the last few spots would be held for more ally then maybe it would move.

Not jumping ship just to have no one to play with and we don’t have a faction change service to fall back on.

i wouldn´t be surprised if they opened Alliance only FCT later for Mograine.

They do it already for one realm in US.

Edit: and 25k AH Listings are not that bad :sweat_smile:
It’s almost 1/3 of Firemaws listings.

The time of realms like Firemaw is over.
This huge amount of listings and players won´t come back.

You´ll need to decide:
fewer auctions, but a playable realm, or more auctions and groups but queues and a laggy realm.

You won´t get both…

There’s third option.

If some cancel their subs, it makes the game more playable for everyone else :person_shrugging:

Max capacity is max capacity

+1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1

I totally agree

Mograine is in a very good state. I suggest you use the free migration before they close it.

The lag and the queues won’t stop in the big realms (Gehennas/Firemaw/Golemagg/Thekal).

1 Like

I transfered to Mograine to escape the lagg. If they don’t make it playable for alliance, they lose another customer. After quitting retail, I gave them a last chance with wotlk, and if the servers stay like they are, they can f off, and I play another game. I try to be part of the solution, but if their solution is to f*** me over, and not fix anything, after I took a huge risk to fix a problem, that they benefited from on the pockets of their players, the game isn’t worth playing, and they are not worth my time/money, and I will advice everyone I know to stay far away from wow, or anything from blizzard games giving anecdotes of their greedy abusive hostile decisions, that only exist to abuse their players, and try to squeeze transfers worth 100 euro per player from a game developped in 2004

Intersting take. Might be true as well. The should, however, communicte this.