Fix to gear gap

Here’s my suggestion:

Make it so you can upgrade it not only with ranking, but also with games won. Let’s say… 100 wins, you get to upgrade to 1400, 200 wins you upgrade to 1600, and so on. Lock final rank behind rating only, so there exists some sort of gear disparity available to the best players only.

This way, better players will upgrade sooner and the rest of us know that grinding games will still give us some way to close the gap, after a while.

Thank you and have a nice day.

5 Likes

Uhm… you mean 100 wins you can upgrade to ilvl 207 without actually having the rating?

Yes. 100 is just a random number. How many wins does a good player (meaning one that can climb besides the gear difference) need to make 0-1400? Take that number and multiply it by some factor. Just something that makes the player know that his/her effort rewards some kind of progression. Maybe allow the item upgrade to be rewarded, but not the title. Maybe limit this to two upgrades (to 207 and 213) and only allow the next one if the player reached 1400 rating with the upgraded gear. Just something that prevents people from quitting out of frustration. At this point of the season, I think it wouldn’t hurt.

Ok I guess I get what you mean. At this point I think it’s better to just introduce equal gear for everyone? People would tank down the rating on purpose anyway, just in order to farm these wins. It will just become a simple grind.

1 Like

I think optimal gearing would be something like this (numbers compared with current gear):

• Honor gear: 187 (213 in pvp)
  • conq gear: 200 (226 in pvp)
  • Elite gear: 213 (239 in pvp)

But the elite gear does not get unlocked with a single breakpoint. it would be unlocked like the cosmetics:

• wrists, gloves, belt at 1400
  • chest, legs and neck at 1600
  • shoulders, helmet and rings at 1800
  • weapon and trinkets at 2100
  • maybe weapon at 2400

like this, there would still be gear disparity, but it wouldn’t be this big of a deal between the brackets. And there would still be a fair amount of gear progression with higher rated brackets.
Maybe even lower the ilvl of elite gear so it’s closer to the basic conquest gear.

1 Like

Alternatively,

Allow honour gear to be upgraded to 216.

This closes the gap but still allows conquest gear to be the best in slot PVP gear if people are willing to work for it.

The fact that there’s a 26% power difference between a fully upgraded honour player and a fully upgraded conquest player is disgusting and terrible in design.

Make it 7%* and you get a much more interesting playing field.

When I do play PVP and I play against someone who is within 10 item levels of mine, I have a good time and a good fight. when there is in the region of 20-30 item levels, it is absolutely awful and often makes me question why I bother playing.

I don’t understand why they are dithering around solving this issue. It is a an easy fix and it is just closing the gap.

it’s way more than 26%. you deal 26% more dmg, you have 26% more versatility that scales exceptionally well in pvp and on top of that you have 26% more hp. That’s like having Wings and BM trinket permanently active, which are big cds. i would say power difference is about 40%-50%. Else i fully agree with you

Really great suggestion imo by OP.
for the casual game it would give you something to keep playing for.
Would give meaning and feelin of progression for casuals who only pvp (like myself).
And no, I won’t become a duelist vecause I upgrade my gear, but it would level the playingfield somewhat and make pvp more skilloriented and give an insentive for players to play more Rated pvp

Here’s what they need to do imo. Honor gear and conquest gear can be upgraded how it is now, with rating. However those upgrades wouldnt impact PvP instances. Honor gear would scale up to 220 ilvl regardless of how many upgrades it has. Conquest gear would scale up to 230 regardless of how many upgrades it has.
So in PvP using PvP gear there would only be up to a 10 ilvl gap.

I really liked that idea. Glads can still rule the arena but also you give a change casual players to really enjoy the pvp.

1 Like

They should also make some kinda of system for weekly vault.
+100 wins equal 226 gear
+50 win xxx

This will proberly kill boosting services :upside_down_face:

Good luck brother with 200 wins in midseason while 90% of comps starting from 1400 are gladiators-boosters with a client.

This gonna be more tedious than weekly Torghast, Twisting corridors and Venari rep grinding all together. Emotional pain and psycological stress gonna be insane while facing 226+ players who 1shot your lowgeared team.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.