Forced upgrade

Hello there,

until the recent Shadowlands Pre-Patch from October 14th, I possessed the game only up to the Legion expansion and was happy playing the Legion content on its max level. Now, the launcher downloaded a whopping 2 GB patch and automatically enlisted me for the Battle for Azeroth expansion content, which I did not mean to touch in the near future. The main problem is that the Legion experience and capabilities are cut back at this point:

• my character will gain experience, thereby eventually leveling up and becoming stronger than what Legion was designed for
  • the items were declared as Legacy items, meaning the unique item effects were disabled
  • I cannot use the dungeon browser to search for Legion dungeons/raids anymore, even the Premade Groups feature is greyed out until Battle for Azeroth max level
  • the abilities and talents were changed (and probably not specifically designed for the Legion content)

Can/how can it be reverted? I would like to stay with Legion for the time being.

Battle for Azeroth is now considered to be the Base Game, and you get it free.

Go to your capital city and turn XP gains off then.

No it cannot be reverted, because Battle for Azeroth is now the base game.

2 Likes

Thanks, that worked.

Too bad. The price tag was not the issue. On the other hand, finding groups for quests and dungeons was kinda difficult even before the patch because the auto search is not optimal (cannot go for Mythic) and the manual menu is split, hardly noticed and restrictive in other ways. Now, I would basically have to talk to individual players to form a group and don’t get any information on e.g. achievement runs initiated by others.

wait you didnt get the ability and talent changes without owning BFA?.. im pretty certain these would hjave changed a long time ago for you.

my brother who doesnt own SL Yet, still had corruptions removed for example… im pretty certain u were unable to do these things even before BFA Laucnhing… the artifact weapon would have been greyed out and mroe automatically.

I mean the changes that came with the patch from October 14th. I did not start with Legion until after Battle for Azeroth had been released. The artifact’s effect was indeed disabled when I began (which was questionable, too), but all of the legendary items from the Legion raids still worked and I don’t remember any other inactive item.

aaaah i see what u mean now.