Fortnite battle passes in WoW ?

I don’t get why people are hating on this.

If they wanna turn WoW into an E-sport first game, well we will see it has to go even worse. Every race can be every class so you can create 100% balance. Gnome druids, humans shaman or draenei warlock for example? Already shivering about how they will justify it lorewise. “Suddenly the gnomes said “tech is bad” and started living as druids in Moonglade!”

Nah they will conveniently forget it, same as the people who see the prices of bag of fries went up by the exact price the sauce used to cost but is suddenly free and proclaim we get fee sauce now. No, it isn’t since you’re paying for it anyhow.

4 Likes

And that is why you are blizzards target audience for microtransactions. Dont give a seconds thought, just pay up. And as long as there is people with that mindset, blizz keeps pushing out more and more microtransactions crap to fleece people off.

4 Likes

Maybe I totally missed it, but I’m not seeing anything pointing towards a battle pass store? Are we screaming at nothing again?

The only thing I have read is what is in the Blizz article. I have no idea over the content of the vid.

And that article mentions toys. That help fund the prize fund. That no one will have to buy if they don’t want to.

You could all discuss it in one topic.

That is another thing that disgusts me to my core. Blizz is ebegging their fans to fund a faliling e-sports event on a game that is littered with microtransactions and has a monthly sub.

They make paying subscribers to pay up the prize money for the event. Let that sink in.

1 Like

That’s about all of it yeah… the rest is just Bellular theorizing how blizz could implement more monetization in the future based on a model a couple of other games use. Which could be true, but it’s all speculation.

1 Like

I’ve bought a few bits off the store its true. I payed with wow gold though. I dont feel fleeced by it. They dont change my game, or the game of anyone around me.

If players want to part with their gold or irl cash to get some fancy pixles, what the hell is it to you or anyone else?

That’s… what Valve does/did too though, isn’t it?

And Blizzard did it with SC2 and people were mostly okay with the idea that they can help the professional scene more directly with that game.

I don’t like microtransactions, but this doesn’t seem that much more egregious than whatever we have in the game already, right?

Would really like to have the % visible that goes to the scene itself though.

The thing that annoys me the most about this whole post

We want to give fans a chance to further support the programs—and have some fun along the way!

WHAT FUN

Spending money on a dumb toy that probably sucks and if it doesnt suck will get a hotfix so it sucks within a week of release is about as much fun as walking to the toilet.

1 Like

By supporting ingame shop you are giving blizzard clear sign and incentive to monetize content that should be in the game for that monthly sub.

Do you think its by accident that we get so many recolors of the same mount models by playing the game and all the unique looking mounts go straight to ingame shop?

That seeya soon bundle made me sick to my stomach. Blizz “retired” those items that are already in the game files and costs 0€ to maintain there to create artificial scarcity to get some Q4 sales and more sales when they eventually bring them back.

Scumbag business parctices seems to be blizzard motto of 2019.

1 Like

Yes they did but Dota 2 is free to play game so it makes sense in that regard. Also Valves deal was better by country miles than what blizz bothers to scrape together.

I dont have a problem with crowd funding when the game is either free to play or doesnt have monthly sub and majority of funds goes toward said event. WoW is neither and i bet they wont even release the percentage that goes toward prizes.

my faith just keeps dropping, and just pure feeling of disappointment.

4 Likes

Not sure on the details with what Valve offered, but I’ll take your word for it.

Like I said, I don’t like microtransactions, and I doubly dislike them in a sub-based game and think there should not be any, but what I’m trying to say I guess is that this just kinda feels “zero sum game” to me since they’re already selling all kinds of garbage on top of the game and sub, and it’s not really overreaching that much (edit; or rather at all) from what is already established.

They’ve always just skinned the same models. Even before the shop was introduced.

I’m actually wondering if they hit rock bottom with me or broke through and we are now entering the molten core of the Earth… Every week we have to hear some kind ‘scandel’ with them.

WoW should just go free to play.

It’s glory days are over because of Blizzard’s poor decisions and egotistical design choices.

This is anti-consumerism and you can only get away with it for so long.

1 Like

Tons have already fully embraced the store and even using it as an argument for more things on the store so at this point it’s a losing battle.

I dont know how to respond to that without eventually insulting you so ill just take the L and leave it at that.

1 Like