FPS keeps dropping very low randomly

Lately I’m having an issue where my FPS drops down very low for a few seconds. It especially happens a lot in SoA, about every other fight my FPS go down to 15 for a few seconds and make the game unplayable before returning to normal. Nvidia GTX 1650

1 Like

SoA has a bug but that’s a constant FPS drop when looking in specific directions. If it happens on pull then it could be addons as well.

A lot of people are having the same issue with the GTX 1650 card and even outside of that card.

I’m guessing this is what happens: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2PJML_e9uGA

This isn’t my video but another user posted this, and it’s exactly what is happening to me too.

There are tonnes of other posts about FPS drops since 9.0.5, but y’know, even on the US forums they respond with the usual “It can’t be our game, it’s your PC” giving you a list of things to do when it’s blantantly obvious it’s not on the user end.

They even have the arrogance to close “bumped” threads because a lot of users aren’t posting in them so they assume the issue is no longer present. People are tired posting about it, fix it already.

Yes that’s exactly what’s happening to me. Sometimes it happens often like every minute, other times only once or twice a dungeon run.

What solutions have you tried that didn’t work?

Practically everything. Updating drivers, Windows updates, checking background programmes, startup programmes, ect. One unusual thing about this is that when the FPS drops, the CPU usage goes down dramatically too - it’s not going over usage.

The thing is this only happens in World of Warcraft and since 9.0.5 when everyone else started to have massive FPS issues - therefore I don’t think the fix is on the user end, rather, the game client itself. But yes I have tried a lot of bandaid fixes, but to no avail.

It’s not like when I’m streaming or playing any other game I get this specific issue, I don’t.

Like yourself and others who have the same problem, it occurs randomly. Sometimes like you said, it can occur within minutes of the last occurence, or not happen for hours.

Sad to say I don’t think you’re going to “fix” it or bandaid it because the problem isn’t on the user end, it’s the client and/or game.