Framerate drops

I’m currently experiencing issues whereby the framerate is dropping to 55-58fps and then rebounding back to 60fps.

I’ve disabled the addons and cleared out the cache to no avail.

It causes the gameplay to appear choppy and stutter.

This is the only affected game.

My current specs are:
AMD 3700X
AMD RX 6600XT
16GB of 3200MHZ ram
500GB NVME SSD PCIE Gen 3 x4 (Win11)
1TB NVME SSD PCIE Gen 3 x4 (WoW sits here)

I’ve made sure all the chipset drivers are up-to-date, including the WoW addons I use of:
DBM
Bagnon

Is this a known issue with AMD machines?

My temperatures are also really low for both CPU and GPU.

There’s nothing on our radar regarding AMD-based computers having inherent trouble with WoW, and given how popular these components are we’d probably have to expect much more wide-spread reports if anything was broken within the game in regards to said hardware.

With that in mind: first step her should be to make sure that your addons aren’t causing this, as that’d be well within their ability to do. Updating/disabling unfortunately won’t be enough for a proper test - a full removal is required. :slight_smile:

If it’s perceived as choppy while the in game FPS meter shows 55-58 then some frames take really long to create such effect.

Blue post about clearing addons should be the first thing to test. If it won’t help the question will be - when is it happening? Is is some specific activity?

• Is there any extra network activity (downloading something or low speed connection?)
  • How much free space both SSDs have? (if they get somewhat close to full their performance drops down and WoW activity on temporary files may trip the SSD buffer causing very slow I/O leading to potential stutter)
  • If you have any overlay (like Discord) active you could check if running the game without them helps. Sometimes they conflict with the game in weird ways
  • When the game stutters check your process/app list in Windows - check if any app or process isn’t trying to use a lot of CPU or GPU. Sometimes weird apps or Windows processes conflict and start draining resources.