Framerate went from 250 to 100 after latest patch

even asmongold gave up on the game after the massive fps drop LOL

It’s just weird that it’s a problem only for some people.
None in my guild have complained and some of them have garbo pcs :slight_smile:
Myself, i had zero problems so far.

Probably some gfx setting bugging out since it persists without addons.

i don’t have any addons, deleted config folder and reset settings didn’t do anything either

Seems like the freezing and crashing issues are an AMD problem and deleting the shader cache helped some on reddit.

There have been some scattered reports of framerate drops, with various people reporting different steps that have helped in their specific cases. Deleting the shader cache does work in some cases, but other fixes include:

• Switching to DirectX 11 in the Graphics options, a fix is being worked on for that specific issue currently
  • Head into the game’s WTF folder, and delete config.wtf, as an incorrectly set setting in there causes large drops in certain dungeons and open world areas
  • The usual post-patch assortment of certain addons breaking which means either updating or fully removing them to get everything back up and running, as has been shared in other posts on this Forum.

Would you mean elaborating on what that setting is? I’d much rather delete that particular setting as opposed to my entire config.

This was the cvar reported on reddit.

Deleting it from your config.wtf files was their solution iirc.

1 Like

How about you fix this broken game that is constantly freezing system for some users where i posted thread about that you guys ignored now for 177 days, good thing i payed for a 1 year sub when i cant even play the damn game…

Having the same issue. I don’t have FPS drops anywhere besides the new raid Aberrus. Tried fresh reinstall, tried without addons, tried with lower graphic settings. Nothing worked.

I have a 4080 GPU and i9 13900KS CPU. I’m running 144 FPS steadily anywhere else but the raid. But as soon as I go into the raid, I’m down to 40-50 FPS. Sometimes dropping to 25-35 in combat.

Tried on one bossfight without any addons and setting my graphic settings to 1… ONE. and I was still at 35 FPS. The moment I hide my UI with alt+z it jumps back up to 144 FPS.

I very much doubt my issues are hardware related considering what I have and EVERY other game runs perfectly fine. I have updated all my drivers and everything imaginable. M+ runs fine, open world runs fine, everything does except for the raid.

I’ve come to a point where I’ve already spent 2 weeks on trying to fix it to no avail.
I’ve stopped believing the issue is on my end.

And no, deleting the skycloudlod line from my config won’t solve the damn issue either because there’s no such line in my config file to begin with.
I shouldn’t have to work for 2 weeks to fix issues on a €6000 pc that can run any game. It’s quite literally giving me a headache and I have no idea anymore what to do about this.
Raiding is unplayable at this point and I refuse to reinstall windows or even buy a new pc to fix one issue in one game.

I’ve played this game for about 16 years now, but I’m about to uninstall it and never look back if it has to be like this. For god’s sake Blizzard fix this crap.

1 Like

Try disabling the E-cores and see if it helps.

1 month later and still no fix, lost half my framerate to a patch and you dont even want to aknowledge it, on top of the low fps certain abilities hard lock my game like many already pointed out, Halls of Infusion is a good example

this was posted by blizzard on may 5:

“We have seen issues with AMD cards, such as freezing after Xuen despawns; we aim to fix this in an upcoming hotfix shortly. Until then, switching to DirectX 11 has been shown to help. You can do this in-game by pressing “Esc” → Options → Graphics → Change DirectX API to DirectX 11. Apply and restart the client.”

it’s june 7 now
“SHORTLY” he says

how am i even supposed to raid or play m+ like this the game is literally unplayable

1 Like

Im having like 50% reduced performance as well on top of the fact that if had system freezes exclusively in this game since before expansion launch and trying to get help for 190+ days
It does not seem Blizzard cares after they got money, no compensation no refunds shame on you…

Install the two addons Buggrabber and Bugsack. You will at least be able to eliminate addon errors being the cause if Bugsack doesn’t throw any alerts.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.