Free Character Transfers -- 3 March

Selling faction changes and paid server transfers.

Phase 1 drain Firemaw of Alliance, phase 2 unlock firemaw and allow paid transfer to it. It’s a win win for Blizzards 1st quarter reportings.

1 Like

Wow someone with a brain exactly what I was thinking. Thats whats gonna happen. Well enjoy your full realm thats unplayable on wednesday lol

I think people are forgetting that all dying alliance realms (such as Thekal) will take this opportunity to transfer to Firemaw when they open the realm to the public so everyone can transfer to it.

So the players lost will most likely be brought back by the influx of refugees from other Alliance realms.

3 Likes

don’t forget they have to pay to get to firemaw so it’s more money in the yacht fund :smiley:

1 Like

woah finally can parse as troll/orc and have 5 more gdkp raids to choose from? pogchair

1 Like

Too late. You ruined yet another server. Well done Blizzard, well done.

This is how i feel about them on everything. Given any choice, bliz will always make the worst decision, for the players, without fail.

How do this thing actually work? People constantly asking for having an ability to transfer ALTS to locked servers. The restriction being applied to situation when you have multiple actively played characters on locked realm makes absolutely no sense. Unless there is an unknown way to play toons from one account simultaneously. It is in high demand, this is PAYED (in case people promoting payed faction change were pushing the idea from financial POV). How “received a lot of feedback from players” gain power in the end? It is attached to whatever task developers decided to complete? Do community need to come up with the solution how to make this simple, logical and numerously requested option possible? I believe we have enough educated and skilled people who can help with technical part of it, if Blizzard team is suffering. Can be a win-win situation instead of longterm ignore.

P.S. To all cryers “you ruined firemaw”. I am not supporting amazing idea of mating locked servers. But I would like to refresh peoples mind. Current alliance of firemaw ruined numerous balanced servers by being obsessed with gnome stockpiling, so i would call it karma i guess. I witnessed alliance migration from 50-50 servers 2 times. So maybe there is something wrong with you, firemaw xferred guys? If even top alliance guilds decide to swap faction in the end.

1 Like

And Firemaw. But money talks…

They opened the possibility for that to happen. They didn’t force anyone. It was the players that decided to use that in worst way possible. In the end yes it is Blizzard’s fault. Fault of trusting people to not abuse the system. But as we see now players don’t care about health of the game. They care about their own benefits.

As someone on Thekal, I will be transferring to Firemaw. It’s still a much bigger population to play with than what Thekal has these days.

What a brilliant move to boost your quarterly reports! Too bad it’s at the expense of your users leading to yet another disappointing Blizzard interaction.

1 Like

Again mate it’s users that chose to take that option. Don’t act like they were not involved. People that shared your realm chose their own benefit over others. So much for the good community that cares.

Should Blizzard expect this? Yep. They likely didn’t care as well but does that make players blameless? Absolutely NOT.

And what can “players” do about it? player arent a hivemind. the ones who xfer to have 5 gdkp raids more to choose from or because they need that raical for parse dont care anyway but others suffers.

blizzard is the only one who can protect players from other degenerate players.

1 Like

In a long run I don’t think it would matter honestly. The players this badly dissatisfied with their faction would over time just quit.

Yep, was forced onto Morgraine. Can’t wait to get onto Firemaw

No way sherlock. The players always take the easy way. Horde was superior for PvE back in vanilla and it is Superior now. Opening up transfers after factionchange was dumb AF. They could have put a 30day transfer CD after factionchange but they did not.

No they would not. They are not dissatisfied, they take the chance to get better racials for PvE parsing and competition. If there was no option to free transfer those people would never factionchange because they need the other players to recruit from.

If Earthshaker remains locked then firemaw will get alot of people from there also.

While the situation is bad its not as bad as everyone claims it to be :slight_smile: